News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

South American Qualifiers for South Africa 2010

Started by Chulk, October 16, 2007, 04:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on April 02, 2009, 02:51:36 AM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on March 30, 2009, 10:38:53 PM
Quote from: Chulk on March 30, 2009, 08:56:52 PM
Bolivia played with a "B" team to have their top team against Argentina on Wednesday. It's not a surprise Colombia beat them.
Why would that be? They would have a chance vs Colombia with their A team, but will lose vs Argentina even with their best and most rested team. It doesn't seem to make sense...

I guess Chulk can give a pretty assured answer on whether it made sense or not...  ;D ;D

I wanted to insult him first but how could I overtake a Brasilian in that... ;D

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on April 02, 2009, 02:56:50 AM
Quote from: Duplode on April 02, 2009, 02:51:36 AM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on March 30, 2009, 10:38:53 PM
Quote from: Chulk on March 30, 2009, 08:56:52 PM
Bolivia played with a "B" team to have their top team against Argentina on Wednesday. It's not a surprise Colombia beat them.
Why would that be? They would have a chance vs Colombia with their A team, but will lose vs Argentina even with their best and most rested team. It doesn't seem to make sense...

I guess Chulk can give a pretty assured answer on whether it made sense or not...  ;D ;D

I wanted to insult him first but how could I overtake a Brasilian in that... ;D
Well, I see why Dup did it (they didn't lose in La Paz) but I really wonder how would Hungary do at 3500m over sea level... Or in a South Africa (oh, yes. We'll be there, will you?)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on April 02, 2009, 05:51:40 AM
We'll be there, will you?

The point is that we are not expected to be there, while the strong Argentina... well... 6-1 versus Bolivia... from the so called best team of South America... 5 goals difference is a lot! Even if the coach is a big fat drug addict "handball" player... :D

Sorry! ;D Good luck to the next matches - already without Maradona. He's a damned bad coach.

Chulk

You really can notice I was unbelievable mad, right?
The thing is Maradona did all previous analysis of the match wrong. He thouhgt those damned 3500m wouldn't be such an issue. HUGE mistake! You can see how it affects a player by seeing how Mascherano (Yes, Mascherano!) stood still and lost his man several times, opening his mouth as much as he could, in an attemp to catch some air...
I will let myself go on with the explanation in next update, probably Thursday night.

Chulk

12th round update!

Venezuela  2 - 0    Colombia
Bolivia 6 - 1    Argentina
Brazil   3 - 0    Peru
Chile        0 - 0    Uruguay
Ecuador        1 - 1    Paraguay 

Venezuela had to win, and they did it. They could have scored a couple more times, too.

Bolivia gave Argentina its biggest defeat in Argentina's NT history (1-6 against Czechoslovakia, in '58's WC). Maradona's tactic was completely wrong. He played 4-4-2, which was about right, but played Papa as a Left Side Back (his best characteristic is not precisely his defense...), 2 Side MidFielders whose defense isn't the best either (M. Rodriguez & L. Gonzalez) and 2 really fast Forwards (Messi & Tevez) where it was obvious they wouldn't be able to do what they do best, when the oxigen is lacking, as it does in La Paz... Hope we learnt the lesson for the future.

Brazil was solid against the worst team right now, and clearly relaxed or else the diference would have been much bigger.

Chile got a draw playing with only 10 men against Uruguay, who pushed hard but couldn't score.

Same as against Brazil, Ecuador deserved to win by a couple of goals (at least) but failed to score and Paraguay scored in the very last minute.

Standings

TEAM      PTS      GP      W      D      L      GF      GA      Dif   
   Paraguay        24      12      7      3      2      19      9      10   
   Brasil       21      12      5      6      1      19      5      14   
   Chile       20      12      6      2      4      17      14      3   
   Argentina       19      12      5      4      3      18      13      5   
   Uruguay       17      12      4      5      3      21      10      11   
   Colombia       14      12      3      5      4      6      10      -4   
   Ecuador       14      12      3      5      4      14      19      -5   
   Venezuela       13      12      4      1      7      14      22      -8   
   Bolivia       12      12      3      3      6      19      25      -6   
   Perú       7      12      1      4      7      6      26      -20   

Nex round (13th) will be played around 06/June/2009

Paraguay - Chile
Perú - Ecuador
Bolivia - Venezuela
Uruguay - Brasil
Argentina - Colombia

Duplode

Argentina v. Mexico is a matchup with a long history, a World Cup classic should I say. Too bad we'll likely have it as a mere qualifying playoff this time  ;D