News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Important question about RH!

Started by SuperBrian, October 16, 2009, 11:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperBrian

Last night I discovered a new way to use Replay Handling, or i don't know if I'm the only one who have discovered it, but:
When you use RH and come to the finish you can save the replay, continue it and start driving (Mingva Advanced), but if you continue the replay and then press ESC exactly at the time you finish you will both be able to go on the scoreboard and you will cut down your time exactly 1 second if you send it to an online competition. Is that legal?
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

zaqrack

yes, we had this issue earlier, pressing ESC earlier keeps the achieved time but cuts the replays size. (when you finish, the replay continues for 1 second, when you crash it continues 4 seconds).

This was always and is considered illegal in ZakStunts.

SuperBrian

Aha, I understand it is illegal, but you haven't mentioned it in your rules page on Zakstunts, so maybe it should. ;)
I'm afraid my last time on Zakstunts is illegal because I tried to see if your computer could still read it. So please change it back to my former time. :) But I don't understand what you mean about that it continues 1 second after finish, I know it normally does, but it is impossible to finish the cut time because you've already crossed the finish line. ???
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

SuperBrian

Thanks for the correction. I think I'll try with the Skyline today. 8)

Chulk

Quote from: SuperBrian on October 16, 2009, 12:52:29 PM
Aha, I understand it is illegal, but you haven't mentioned it in your rules page on Zakstunts, so maybe it should. ;)
I'm afraid my last time on Zakstunts is illegal because I tried to see if your computer could still read it. So please change it back to my former time. :) But I don't understand what you mean about that it continues 1 second after finish, I know it normally does, but it is impossible to finish the cut time because you've already crossed the finish line. ???
But replay recording continues for an extra sec after you cross the finish line so .rpl file size changes. Same thing when you crash only with 4 secs.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

alanrotoi

zaqrack

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who won the 2021 season of ZakStunts?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview