News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Finally there: the superkart (version 1.0), plus special race event.

Started by Overdrijf, August 20, 2010, 06:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

Edit januari 2019: I added a suka 1.1.zip file to this post. This is the new 2019 update. It's a purely graphical fix of the 3D model. More information can be found in reply #36.

I've been away for a while, but thanks to a ridiculous amount of spare time in a few days I finally finished what I started. The following changes have taken place in that time:

Performance:
Didn't change really. I felt like the balance between realism, fun and being different from what is already available was pretty good. Just so I have something to type here I'll give a list of flat road top speed per gear:
1st gear 77 MPH
2nd gear 94 MPH
13rd gear 111 MPH
4rd gear 129 MPH
5th gear 143 MPH
6th gear 153 MPH

3D model:
A few minor changes, a bit of cleaning really. It still looks a bit buggy in the showroom, but there doesn't appear to be a whole lot I can do about that.

Dashboard:
Complete overhaul. Say goodbye to the bugs (well, except that one that made me drive up the wall ones in the replay I attached, but that one didn't come from the dashboard) and hello to a reasonably looking interior, compared to the last one at least. The kart is equipped with the latest in flashy steering wheels and digital technology. And the meters work pretty well this time around. It may look slightly unconventional in places, but you'll get used to it.

Okay, with that out of the way you'll notice that if you open the zip file there's a track inside, nice and small, like the car itself, called Craspher (Crashper's didn't fit). I am hosting a mini race event here on the forum, to give everybody the opportunity to get used to the kart and to see what they can do with it. To compete you must send me a replay, over PM or mail or something, before Sunday the 12th of September 20.00 central European daylight saving time, so that's GMT+2, but for many of us also the normal time. (It's not forum time though, in forum time replays have to be in before 19.00.)

If you send me your time before 20.00 on every Sunday or Thursday until that time (no need for a replay, I'll believe you) you'll end up on the scoreboard, which I'll try to update more or less as quickly as I can, here in this thread.

This is a RH race, although NORH is of course always allowed. On top of standard rules you MUST go through the loop and the cork. I don't care how you go through them, as long as you go through.

Any questions? Good. Let the games begin then, and don't hesitate to tell me that the kart is awesome (or not).

Overdrijf

Lol, I tested if the dashboard was lower than any text being displayed, except for opponent near. Guess which one goes lowest... Looks quite funny really.

Overdrijf

Scoreboard so far:
No entries yet.
(No downloads either.)

(By the way, just to get you curious: I started on a new project that is about as ridiculous as this one. It might be a while untill I'm happy about it, but I'm already quite far along with the model...)

dstien

Zapper

Very agile, very funny, a super goKart, I like it, it's original.

Continue your good work with 100% new models ;)

(replay on PM)

Overdrijf

Quote from: zapper on August 25, 2010, 12:18:38 AM
Very agile, very funny, a super goKart, I like it, it's original.
Thanks.

QuoteContinue your good work with 100% new models ;)
I will. Although I've got a feeling I'm not as productive as you are, with two sortof finished already and a poll going for 1 or 2 more...

Quote(replay on PM)
Yes there is. It's a bit convetional, going through the obstacles the official way, but it's a good time. ;)

Overdrijf

Since it's thursday aft 7 pm forumtime, here is the first scoreboard with somone on it.

At place comparrison: the feared, the loved, the one and only:
Skid Vicious 0.58.45 (manual)

At first place in the category "didn't testdrive the car as well as the track":
Zapper 0.50.60 (manual)

And at an overall first place for now (glad I made it):
Overdrijf 0.44.80 (manual)

CTG

Overdrijf

Duplode

The final result is lovely, Overdrijf... guess I will have some fun with specialized trackbuilding anytime soon  ;)

P.S.:

(replay on PM)

Can you guys attach files on PMs? I thought the attachment option on the forum interface had vanished long ago...

Overdrijf

Quote from: Duplode on September 01, 2010, 02:13:39 AM
The final result is lovely, Overdrijf... guess I will have some fun with specialized trackbuilding anytime soon  ;)

P.S.:

(replay on PM)

Can you guys attach files on PMs? I thought the attachment option on the forum interface had vanished long ago...

Now that you mention it, "Additional Options" does not show in a PM. Zapper used external hosting (as did you ;)).

[EDIT]Oh, by the way, I'm very glad you joined in, but I'm affraid my own rules force me not to accept replays where people jump off the loop, no matter how neat a shortcut that provides, instead of going through them...  (Physically trough would be acceptable, but trough can not be interpreted as off). So I'll add your time to the scoreboard with a little remark behind it (fo fairness sake).[/EDiT}

Duplode

Quote from: Overdrijf on September 01, 2010, 08:16:38 AM
[EDIT]Oh, by the way, I'm very glad you joined in, but I'm affraid my own rules force me not to accept replays where people jump off the loop, no matter how neat a shortcut that provides, instead of going through them...  (Physically trough would be acceptable, but trough can not be interpreted as off). So I'll add your time to the scoreboard with a little remark behind it (fo fairness sake).[/EDiT}

No need to go out of your way - I was kind of in doubt on how I should understand the loop rule, but found it easier to just send the replay and see what would happen. I will redrive it soon  ;)

Overdrijf

Anyway, time for the scoreboard:

Overdrijf 0.44.80
Duplode 0.45.50 (read above)
Zapper 0.50.60
Skid Vicious 0.58.45

Overdrijf

Yesterdays update:

Overdrijf 0.44.80 (manual)
Duplode 0.46.85 (manual
Zapper 0.50.60 (manual)
Skid Vicious 0.58.45 (manual)