News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

International Stunts Master 2011

Started by Mark L. Rivers, December 13, 2010, 11:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 09, 2011, 09:49:00 PM
No, but Bonzai Joe will.

Sorry for the bad joke in advance, but do you think the carpal tunnel trick will work again? :D

CTG

Really sorry. It wasn't a very nice one...

BonzaiJoe

You've made worse jokes I think...

But nope, I don't think it will work. I only tried it that one time in 2007 and it was terrible. I was out of racing for about half a year!
But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

The second week started with a good activity.  :)
I have only to mind you that, at the 2nd checkpoint, PSP will be assign to a driver who have sent a time in the first week only if he will send a new time...  ;)

BonzaiJoe

For Mr. G. Nielsen:

my name is Bonzai Joe, prepare to die!

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 11, 2011, 08:31:23 PM
For Mr. G. Nielsen:

Go Mr. G. Nielsen!!!

Mark L. Rivers

Still 26 hours and we'll know if Mr. Nielsen picked the "provocation"...  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

2nd Checkpoint!

15 replays for a 2nd enthusiastically week of ISM 2011!

Two drivers decided not to wait anymore discovering quite definitely their potential: we are talking about Bonzai Joe and Duplode whose times appear from another planet compared with their opponents. Astonishing BJ's times with P962 and Acura (respectively +1,5 and + 4 seconds on Duplode  :o) and awesome performance for Duplode with Audi  (+2,5 seconds ahead the Danish  :o). But their sums of times are that speaks clearly: BJ leads with a bit more than 3 seconds on Duplode, but behind the Brazilian the 3rd one in general classification, 1st week leader SuperBrian, is out of view being more than 45 seconds from the vertex!  :o

The previous leader improves with P962 and Audi, while lack of time impedes him to send a new time for the Acura race. He stays anyway on the provisional podium but probably only because Zak McKracken has still not send a time with the only PG car of ISM 2011. The Hungarian ( at the moment only 5th in general classification but ready for a big jump) sent in fact very appreciable times with P962 and Audi,  and his sum of time for these cars is about 14 seconds lower than SuperBrian's sum of times for the same cars. Really also a pity for Zak he sent his times only few hours after the 1st checkpoint, having forget the correct deadline: they would have been the best ones in absolute with the first two cars, and he would have 2 PSP more.
Meanwhile AbuRaf70 takes the provisional 4th place in general classification. The inoxidable Argentine improves on all tracks with his usual technic that leads him to reach his best only in the very final of race. Quite high his current sum of times (15 seconds more than SuperBrian), but we are pretty sure we'll find him more close to the podium next week.

But we have also to talk about the big surprise of this 2nd checkpoint, Gutix, who sent only a light improvement with the P962, the unique car he used in this ISM edition until here. The ZakStunts 2010's champion seems staying at the window looking the efforts of his opponents. Did he choose to see before their tactics? Extreme self-assurance about his potential? Maybe. But sure he's gifting a lot of PSP to BJ and Duplode: 4 the PSP caught from the Danish and 3 for the Brazilian, while only 0,2 the Gutix's booty. It's true, if a driver will result first in all three races (obtaining obviously the best sum of times) he got at least 3,5 points more than others, and maybe this is what Gutix is thinking. But, if at the next checkpoint the PSP gap will increase further, winning all the races could not be enough.

Wow, really a crucial week that is incoming!  8) And we can't also excluding definitely we won't have other landings from South America, right? ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Low activity in the Forum. As it's showed in the bottom of the page, last post is 4 days old...

Anyway, since we are very close to the last crucial checkpoint of ISM 2011, beside the replays that sure are incoming, it would be nice knowing the feelings and the sensations of the participants at the fast-day of the last and decisive week of race... Which aspirations, targets, doubts, hopes, do you feel?

Come on, show us your thoughts ... ;)

Duplode

Well, given my recent computer misfortunes, merely being able to race seriously makes me happy :D Other than that, I do wonder when a certain opponent will decide to show up...  ::)

BonzaiJoe

I'm feeling good. Really busy week behind me, less busy week ahead of me. The question is: do I have the motivation to go out and make some seriously good replays? That's always the question. Anyway, Cork's faithful followers are going in for the kill.

Mark L. Rivers

3rd Checkpoint!

Another week of emotions!

Let's starting to say that the Gutix is still missing and, if he had not impeded to race, his tactic is by now clear: shocking us with alien times in the very final of the race as to say "I need only a shot..."
Anyway, just like we said last week, this could not be enough for him. Even because Bonzai Joe and Duplode got other PSP keeping hot the challenge this week thanks to a fantastic head to head!
While Zak McKracken conquered deservedly the provisional podium completing his set of times with a great Acura's race (very close to his teammates) and AbuRaf70 improved with all cars (big jump in advance with the NSX), BJ and Duplode are making amazing masterpieces with their 4 wheels fireballs!  8)
The Brazilian ace overtakes his main opponent with the P962 and the Acura, leading his Porsche to an apparently unreachable time: 1:05,00!  :o The Danish champion replies passing Duplode with an awesome time with the Audi: more than 3 seconds better than previous time!  :o Both the champions are under 3:30: what a wonderful challenge!  :o :o :o

What does all this mean in general classification?
Well, BJ conserves the best sum of times (and the whole bonus point related) for 0,55 seconds, but Duplode (who keeps his 0,5 points for the 2nd best sum of times) has now one race point more than his opponent (10 + 9 + 10 vs 9 + 10 + 10). Pairing the PSP (5 points got for each one), the Brazilian jumps on the provisional tallest step of the podium for 0,5 points, 34,5 vs 34 !
What can we say? Really great this very serried battle that deserves a big ovation from all of us!  8) 8)

But it's still not ended. The last week has sure more to tell us.
Will we see a Gutix's tail strike able to subvert the general classification?  ::)
Will SuperBrian gift us a new set of times confirming us that the title "young promise" is by now a thing of the past for him?  ;)
Will Zak be able to show us his great skill, too often hidden by his Stunts manager role?  :)
Will we acclaim one more time the efforts of the extraordinarily evergreen AbuRaf70?  :)

Above all, last week will tell us who will be the 2011 Stunts Master. Will be able Bonzai Joe and Gutix to pair Ayrton conquering the title for the second time defeating the Duplode's endeavour aimed to inscribe his name for the first time on the gold-board of this competition?

What a great week waits for us!  :) :) :)

Mark L. Rivers

While the days are passing and we are approaching the final, a question take form.

We have seen a real true battle between BJ and Duplode until here, but will this battle be really true until the end?

It's a fact that between the 2 teammates there's a good friendship. They made always a strong teamwork in every competition, even in absolutely individual competition. It's enough thinking to the last ISM edition, when BJ hardly braked with its Lancia in the very last part of the track B, so to favour (in vain, really) Duplode engaged in a tight duel with Gutix.
So, again, will we see a real true battle between BJ and Duplode? Will Duplode have to extract all his enormous skill to carve his name in the stone of ISM's Hall of Fame? Or maybe the generous and veteran BJ will leave his teammate conquering a title that the Danish legend has already conquered in 2008?

Sure the hope is to attend to a real final firework where the talent, the skill and the taste of the victory give life to a sane challenge until the last minute. That sure would be the best thing for Stunts world! :)

Gutix

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 11, 2011, 08:31:23 PM
For Mr. G. Nielsen:

LOL I just read it :)

I´ll do what I can to show you the way

CTG