News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Hiii Im new driver here!

Started by RacerBG, July 07, 2011, 06:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerBG

Hi guys Im new driver and full noob also here. ;D

Well lets begin: My name is Georgi Todorov and Im from Bulgaria. Im 17 years old younger by Stunts fan of this game. I had discovered it before 1 week and I just love it. Its very good just amazing game. Now I was eager to find any stuff for downloading and community for this game and voala here is it. Im a fan of old games no matter what genre but racing is my favorite. For first time Im playing so old stunts game and I must say that this is very good game for its year.

Now Im learning how to play it and I want to ask you some questions:
I have BB V.1.1 and I have 1 issue: My game dont remember my settings why? Everytime I must setup it again......
Im using DOSBOX 0.74 to run it but does its from me or I experience lagg when I play it?
The controls seems to be a little harder for a newbie can you suggest for me a good car for beggining?
How can I browse through my tracks directory? It seems like its not possible? - PROBLEM SOLVED
How to edit car shapes and textures?
How to edit the whole game stuff if its editable?
From where to get the whole game manual?
I had downloaded the game from classic gaming network - does this is fine?
I have in my directory also 4D.exe file but my game is still by Brotherbund?

Maybe thats all for now. I will ask you if I have more questions.

Sorry for so many questions but they pop up in my mind every second. ;D

Happy Racing from Bulgaria! 8)
Stunts full crazy man with top perfomance from backwards!

Oscar

Welcome!

You can edit cars, 3D objects and graphics with Stressed.
You will find him here:
http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=2224.0

The tracks you are able to create the game itself even modify the field with SHIFT + F1
There are certain limitations, there are other editors as the track blaster pro that let you do something else.
Find it at:
http://zak.stunts.hu/index.php?page=download
On Zak pages also find a world to explore.

On the next page has a manual on how to setup DosBox
http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php/DOSBox

I encourage you to participate in one of the competitions taking place in the community Stunts !!!

In the wiki you will find all the information about versions and names Stunts.

Important Links:
www.stunts.hu
forum.stunts.hu
wiki.stunts.hu

RacerBG

You had answered on most of my questions thanks, but I know very well DOSBOX I not need a manual for DOSBOX I need a manual for Stunts. ;)

Anyway thanks for the invitation I will take part if you recruit for me a good league. But this will not happen today because I will be without a internet connection until 1st of September. :P

Thank you for the warm wlecome man. 8)

Oscar

This is a FAQ of stunts:
http://www.kalpen.de/luke/files/faq.zip

Zak possibly has a official manual in PDF.

RacerBG

Still some of my questions remains for example Why the game wont save my graphic changes and game?

Duplode

Hello and welcome Georgi! Hope you'll enjoy your stay around here.

Let's see if I can help with some of your questions.:

Quote from: RacerBG on July 07, 2011, 06:30:04 PM
I have BB V.1.1 and I have 1 issue: My game dont remember my settings why? Everytime I must setup it again......

Indeed; in-game settings, like cars, opponent, camera and the ones in the "Options" menu are not saved by the game. The only settings that remain are the video mode (VGA/EGA/etc.) and sound card (PC speaker/Sound Blaster/etc.) settings which are defined by setup.exe .

Im using DOSBOX 0.74 to run it but does its from me or I experience lagg when I play it?

Lag issues are often caused by running with a too low (or, more rarely, too high) number of cycles in DOSBox. Try changing it to 14000 or 16000 and see if it helps (you can adjust the value while playing with CTRL-F11and CTRL-F12). If your computer is relatively recent (having less than, say, eight years) it should be possible to find a DOSBox configuration which allows lag-free playing, even with all of the game graphical settings on max.

The controls seems to be a little harder for a newbie can you suggest for me a good car for beggining?

Every car has its own little tricks and quirks, and so people have very different opinions when it comes to picking a favourite car. In any case, you may enjoy trying the IMSA cars, Jaguar and Porsche 962 (which are a little less insanely fast than the Indy while still having quite good handling), or maybe Audi and Lancia (under most circumstances they have sweet handling. If they seem a bit too slow for your taste, try them on a fast track with lots of jumps and you'll probably be surprised!)

How to edit car shapes and textures?

Complementing Oscar's answer, there is a rough manual to Stressed in the Wiki: http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php/Stressed_user_reference
If you decide to play with shapes and textures, don't hesitate in asking any technical doubts that may arise  ;)

How to edit the whole game stuff if its editable?

The CAR*.RES files, which define performance and behaviour of cars, are editable (for that, we normally use CarBlaster, a DOS program available from the downloads page in Zak's site). Beyond that, Stressed covers most of the stuff that can be edited without needing to do really complicated things, like tweaking the game executable directly. 

From where to get the whole game manual?

I'm sure I have seen a PDF of the official manual somewhere on the Internet a long while ago... as for "unofficial" manuals, Luke's FAQ posted above is quite interesting, and of course there is a sizeable amount of interesting information scattered around the Wiki.

I had downloaded the game from classic gaming network - does this is fine?
I have in my directory also 4D.exe file but my game is still by Brotherbund?

With regard to competitions and such things, as long as you are running the Broderbund version and the Options menu says it is version 1.1 you won't have any problems. You might want to get hold of some custom cars we normally include with "our" Stunts downloads, though - check, for instance, http://scr.stunts.hu/mods.php , or Zak's downloads.

Sorry for so many questions but they pop up in my mind every second. ;D

Don't worry; feel free to keep asking them  :)

RacerBG

And one last question how to set up the TB and CB driectories in the .cfg file? Everytime when I write the new file path the program says that thnis is incorrect. :-X I have them placed in STUNTS/TOOLS.

RacerBG

And one more thing which is not question. ;D

Because Im a rule keeping driver (Im not making shortcuts in 1 lap), I had achieved a 1.11 min. time on the default track. 8) Does this time is fine for a new driver?

And about the cars my favorite is Indycar and I can drive them all already. 8)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT269 track, from ZakStunts season 2023?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview