News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 135 - A Forest

Started by CTG, October 02, 2012, 12:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

CTG

The winner should be a grasshopper. I guess all the tricks are predictable, but most of them are really "hard" (or it's better to say: needs dozens of RH hours to complete, ideal for gelato baker).

BonzaiJoe

Actually I wanted to make it so hard that nobody could do it perfectly, and so that the replays would be beautiful and varied, but each with their own imperfections, just like in the old days. Renato is of course a problem in this respect, but maybe he is not the same Renato as once upon a time. If Ayrton had still been playing, there would have been no competition.
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

CTG

Thinking over the track again (without the game, I don't have it at my workplace), I see how smart track it is. Not as bad as it seemed to be, but really not my style. And the possible cars are also against me (Skyline, Corvette, Indy, Speedgate).

CTG

If we calculate with a corrected 1 minute long run...

1:43.45 - Nissan Skyline; seems to be an easy one

1:33.75 - Lamborghini LM002; nope

1:26.95 - Acura NSX; not so far from the fire, but this track doesn't give enough advantage to a semi-powergear car versus Skyline

1:17.95 - Audi Quattro; works similarly to Skyline in a forest, it's useless to try

1:16.90 - Lamborghini Countach; (luckily) still far from the aspirants

1:15.95 - Lotus Esprit; not now

1:11.45 - Speedgate; perhaps not a winner car, but good for middle class pipsqueaks to complete an easy run with relatively good result

1:10.50 - Chevrolet Corvette; keywords: Gutix, powergear, not very likely anyway

1:05.20 - Porsche Carrera; wreck

1:04.50 - Porsche March Indy; sounds like a serious contender (with cutting the cork up/down in powergear), although sharp corners are not really PG-friendly. I think this one will win.

1:04.50 - Ferrari F40; ZCT 143 is waiting for it

1:02.50 - Ferrari GTO; thanks to Indy, even Ayrton wouldn't be enough to win with it

1:00.60 - Lancia Delta Integrale; if you want to pick this one, you should rather try in Sega Rally Championship

1:00.00 - Jaguar XJR IMSA; later

55.55 - Kart; hopefully never

52.20 - Porsche 962; same time, next year

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on October 02, 2012, 09:47:08 AM[...] I guess all the tricks are predictable, but most of them are really "hard" [...]

What about a list? ;) It takes me a minute to get half way through the track, even cutting all the corners and loops I know how to cut.

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 02, 2012, 05:35:35 PM
Quote from: CTG on October 02, 2012, 09:47:08 AM[...] I guess all the tricks are predictable, but most of them are really "hard" [...]

What about a list? ;) It takes me a minute to get half way through the track, even cutting all the corners and loops I know how to cut.

One minute halfway through isn't too far off the mark  ;) (just in case: don't forget Skyline laps have a 42% time bonus; so the laps currently on the scoreboard range from 1:51.40 to 1:59.20 in-game). Anyway, on a basic level CTG is right - a long chain of jump-slide-slide-jump-jump- and so forth in ever more bizarre permutations. Re: the wild speculation above, I don't see grasshoppers - too slow for that...? And what's more: BJ may have achieved his goal.

CTG

dreadnaut:

1, cut the 180° right - 180° left combo
2(a), Nissan, Speedgate, any other non-PG cars: jump out of the first loop to the right and try to land preferably on the road (somewhere at the end of the boulevard), then
2(a1), Speedgate: if you use a fast car, try to make a bug jump by hitting the first cork from the right - if you have enough speed, you can land at the next cork
2(a2), Nissan, any slow car: jump out of the cork with hard steering to the left. If you are fast enough, you will land somewhere around the next cork.
2(b), Indy, Acura: reach powergear on the loop and cut the boulevard / first cork part
3, you mustn't slow down totally to solve the next two small corners, just slide
4, jump out of the next loop to the left. Landing angle is a crucial question, try to fall on the icy road (without sliding off). That one will be a bit hard.
5, if you have a slow car, you will need manual gears to complete the ramp on the hill. While you are falling, steer to the left to make another slide, keeping some speed for the pipe.
6, jump out at the end of the pipe - of course to the left. If you are lucky, you will land in the right corner.
7, after the boring banked corner part: make a long bug jump over the water using the cork up/down's outer left side (seems to be possible with Indy / Speedgate, or else with unbelievable luck / 3 hours RH)

The detailed Indy solution is not included, it's not my task to tell (check Alain's Eger replay on YouTube to see the limits of the car). If you can do at least 4 of these 7, you will be easily under 55 seconds (and probably beat me).

CTG

Quote from: CTG on October 03, 2012, 07:51:11 AM
7, after the boring banked corner part: make a long bug jump over the water using the cork up/down's outer left side (seems to be possible with Indy / Speedgate, or else with unbelievable luck / 3 hours RH)

Declared: it is possible with Indy (unfortunately only on a modified track, reaching powergear is a bit harder).

CTG

Quote from: CTG on October 03, 2012, 11:28:06 PM
Quote from: CTG on October 03, 2012, 07:51:11 AM

Declared: it is possible with Indy (unfortunately only on a modified track, reaching powergear is a bit harder).

Declared: Speedgate is also able to complete a successful jump there. The "only" problem is the speed, probably you can't reach 220-230 mph on the real track (or who knows...)

CTG

Realistic version: Indy madness. Eger replay is getting more and more recommended to newbies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0RcmhXFY0

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on October 03, 2012, 11:34:23 PM
Realistic version: Indy madness. Eger replay is getting more and more recommended to newbies...
And it's not very useful ;D

Thanks for the info above though, great tips! I was aware of 1-2-4-7, although 7 lands me straight in the water. I also [re-]discovered that landing on boulevards is safe, even from a vertical fall!

6: er... never jumped out of one of those, I usually just crash out of them  :P

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 04, 2012, 01:04:10 AM
Quote from: CTG on October 03, 2012, 11:34:23 PM
And it's not very useful ;D

Thanks for the info above though, great tips! I was aware of 1-2-4-7, although 7 lands me straight in the water. I also [re-]discovered that landing on boulevards is safe, even from a vertical fall!

6: er... never jumped out of one of those, I usually just crash out of them  :P

!hint: Ayrton, Lancia, 2008 (possible with any other cars too, angle can be regulated)

BonzaiJoe

Sorry about that one. I hate pipe tricks actually. Very proud of the loop-cork-cork-loop sequence though.