News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

How do you delete tracks?

Started by Blackninja778, October 17, 2012, 11:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackninja778

I need help on deleting your tracks in the game.The reason for this is because whenever I save track I made it makes a new one.So if I edit the the track it makes a new track.Now the whole place is a mess.I just want to know how to delete it that is if you can delete them.

Duplode

Hello, and welcome! To delete a track you have to delete the track file (which will be something like MYTRACK.TRK) in your Stunts folder; there isn't a command for doing that in-game.

CTG

Duplode

The question isn't too surprising. There is a clear tendency towards abstracting further and further away from the file system, however bizarre that may sound to us. Hell, chances are that ten years from now knowing what is that funny square thing used as the "Save" icon will tag us as dinosaurs.

CTG

there's no option in fifa 2009 to delete saved competitions

CTG

Quote from: CTG on October 28, 2012, 10:07:02 PM
there's no option in fifa 2009 to delete saved competitions

And the game gets frozen after my 100th victory in a row

BonzaiJoe

That's because fate is trying to tell you to get back to Stunts  ;)
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

Quote from: Duplode on October 28, 2012, 08:28:54 PM
The question isn't too surprising. There is a clear tendency towards abstracting further and further away from the file system, however bizarre that may sound to us. Hell, chances are that ten years from now knowing what is that funny square thing used as the "Save" icon will tag us as dinosaurs.

It already does... come on, a floppy disk! when have you last used a floppy disk?

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on October 29, 2012, 10:12:14 AM
It already does... come on, a floppy disk! when have you last used a floppy disk?

Less than a year ago. But it was hard to find a computer with floppy disk slot. :D

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

afullo

Another reason to delete a track is that Stunts is able to manage at most 128 .trk files. If this number is reached, the track selector do not display the whole set of tracks available. ;)

SuperBrian

Quote from: afullo on February 03, 2014, 11:56:29 AM
Another reason to delete a track is that Stunts is able to manage at most 128 .trk files. If this number is reached, the track selector do not display the whole set of tracks available. ;)

I remember that from an old version of Stunts I had, but I have not encountered the problem since the download of my last file-package. For instance I have a map with all Zakstunts-tracks ever published and I can still see them in game. I don't know why? Maybe because the original exe-file is cracked?
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

afullo

Maybe the exe was tweaked in order to bypass the limitation. ;)

Duplode

Quote from: SuperBrian on March 13, 2014, 05:44:48 PM
I remember that from an old version of Stunts I had, but I have not encountered the problem since the download of my last file-package. For instance I have a map with all Zakstunts-tracks ever published and I can still see them in game. I don't know why? Maybe because the original exe-file is cracked?

Strictly speaking, the limit is 256 files. That only corresponds to 128 tracks if you have high score files for all of them, so your ZakStunts archive directory will be fine as long as you don't drive the tracks. Incidentally, Competition Archive competition directories have to be split at ~80 tracks, as each track is usually accompanied by at least one replay.

SuperBrian

That explains why I can still see all my Zakstunts-tracks in one directory. I haven't accompanied all the track-files with a highscore yet. Thanks for the advice about splitting the directories at 80 tracks.
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT242 track, from ZakStunts season 2021?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview