News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 137 - Powderfinger

Started by CTG, December 01, 2012, 09:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

I don't know what to say about this track...

CTG

The ramp-cork overlay looks annoying.

CTG

Btw deadline should be moved from 31st December to a few days earlier.

Friker

Quote from: CTG on December 01, 2012, 10:55:33 AM
i agree. to 29/30th?

CTG

Quote from: Friker on December 01, 2012, 02:51:23 PM
Quote from: CTG on December 01, 2012, 10:55:33 AM
i agree. to 29/30th?

Sounds a lot better.

zaqrack

what difference does it make? If you last hive time to race on the 29th, give all-in and race that day. If you are alone on 31st, at least you have something to do :)

dreadnaut

Stunts stutters a bit when all the cactai (plural!) are in view, near the dual-lane part. Is it happening to anyone else?

Should I tweak my dosbox settings, or could we have a version of the track with fewer poligon floating around?

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on December 01, 2012, 05:41:20 PM
Stunts stutters a bit when all the cactai (plural!) are in view, near the dual-lane part. Is it happening to anyone else?

Should I tweak my dosbox settings, or could we have a version of the track with fewer poligon floating around?

Canned troubleshooting: change the number of cycles setting in DOSBox to 20000. If that causes frame rate problems, lower it to 12000 (or 10000 if your computer is really old). As for the other option, it would be up to Zak, but I believe that removing the "southernmost" rows of vegetation wouldn't affect the race.

P.S.: Below are the machine/graphics/sound part of my DOSBox .conf file, in case you want to try it (I have no stuttering, or at least it is slight enough I can't notice it).

[cpu]
cycles=20000
core=dynamic

[render]
aspect=true
scaler=hardware3x

[sdl]
windowresolution=1280x960
priority=higher,pause
output=openglnb
fullresolution=1280x1024
usescancodes=false

[mixer]
prebuffer=100

dreadnaut

Quote from: Duplode on December 01, 2012, 07:11:53 PM
Canned troubleshooting: change the number of cycles setting in DOSBox to 20000.

I had this on 5000 —definitely runs smoother with higher values. Switching from scaler=normal2x to scaler=hardware2x yield the larger improvement though.

Thanks for the pointers!

dreadnaut

By the way, tips for noobs on this track? ;D

CTG

dreadnaut

Sounds good. I was afraid you were going to suggest more helicopters >:(

Friker

Quote from: dreadnaut on December 02, 2012, 04:18:40 PM
By the way, tips for noobs on this track? ;D

Max out speed before the south sloped road. It could earn you seconds.

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on December 02, 2012, 04:32:04 PMDrive fast.
Actually, you are right! It makes an awful lot of sense in this track :o

Quote from: Friker on December 02, 2012, 07:55:09 PMMax out speed before the south sloped road. It could earn you seconds.
Not sure which one you are referring to, but gaining speed early and keeping the car going is very important in this track. Twenty-seconds-important, at least for me.

Friker

Quote from: dreadnaut on December 02, 2012, 09:21:07 PM
Quote from: Friker on December 02, 2012, 07:55:09 PMMax out speed before the south sloped road. It could earn you seconds.
Not sure which one you are referring to, but gaining speed early and keeping the car going is very important in this track. Twenty-seconds-important, at least for me.

hmm banked was the right word. see attachment.