News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Frozen (2013-02-24)

Started by Duplode, February 11, 2013, 04:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Hopefully to be thawed next weekend ;)

It certainly needs a slow car, but which? (I did a quick test with the GT3 and found it amusing, but I certainly don't expect you to agree!  :D)

Chulk

Just tried GT3 again after a few test laps a long ago and the first thing that came to my mind was:
"What do you have against cars with cornering ability>0?"
BTW, track looks good and it certainly is entertaining with such car, but I'm afraid it's not that "live racing" friendly unless we use a less complicated car. But maybe it's just me as I am testing this while being sleepy, a bit drunk and with a huge thunderstorm outside that is distracting me a bit.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 11, 2013, 05:25:59 AM
I'm afraid it's not that "live racing" friendly unless we use a less complicated car

The test laps were completed with Audi and it wasn't really hard to survive without crashing (the only critical section seems to be the banked corner - cork up/down part, you need to be very careful with the braking point). However, you have at least a week to practice it. :)

I suggest to use Audi / Lancia / LM002 / Ford Ranger.

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on February 11, 2013, 05:25:59 AM
BTW, track looks good and it certainly is entertaining with such car, but I'm afraid it's not that "live racing" friendly unless we use a less complicated car.

It was not a fully serious suggestion; it wouldn't be fair anyway to race GT3 here so soon - familiarity would give me too big an advantage  ::)

Quote from: CTG on February 11, 2013, 01:21:52 PM
I suggest to use Audi / Lancia / LM002 / Ford Ranger.

I suggest Carrera. (From your list, however, anything could do except Audi - a break form 45+ days of ZakStunts with it would be nice.)

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on February 11, 2013, 02:32:46 PM
From your list, however, anything could do except Audi - a break form 45+ days of ZakStunts with it would be nice.

;D ;D ;D (yes, the Audi tracks are quite annoying lately, I promise to leave it for the second half of USC 2013)

Carrera doesn't really fit - all the above mentioned four cars have better handling in corners. But I'm okay with any cars, even with a fast one.

Chulk

I would choose either Carrera or Lancia, in that order as Lancia tends to magic carpet easily (not as easy as Audi but still) and it could end up being pretty frustrating in a track with many jumps and banked roads.

Friker

i think it would be interesting with something fast (mclaren) - it could be a nice exercise to ride slowly and with wisdom. :) (like in real life :P )

Chulk

CTG

Recommendation for even higher safety:

- X builds the track (> 24 hours before the race)
- Y selects the car (right before the race; of course not from the full list, but let's say from 5-6 cars)
- Z modifies one or more tiles (right before the race)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on February 13, 2013, 02:43:53 PM
Recommendation for even higher safety:

- X builds the track (> 24 hours before the race)
- Y selects the car (right before the race; of course not from the full list, but let's say from 5-6 cars)
- Z modifies one or more tiles (right before the race)
Do we really need more safety measures than tile changing? Are you willing to cheat that much? I'm not, so if it were only for me, tile changing would be more than enough. I don't think anybody is willing so hard to cheat as to need all these...

Duplode

Too much bureaucracy.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on February 14, 2013, 03:59:10 AM

Too much bureaucracy.

What do you expect from somebody sinking deeper and deeper in the swamp of legal cases? ;D

CTG

Btw I think Le Stunts would deserve a separate website.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on February 17, 2013, 11:10:43 AM
Btw I think Le Stunts would deserve a separate website.

Indeed. Perhaps not a full-fledged competition website, but at least a proper archive of races and results. Starting that was on my plans as well. The simplest thing to do might be keeping it within, for instance, the Southern Cross site tree (kind of like USC/USL).

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on February 17, 2013, 03:35:01 PM
The simplest thing to do might be keeping it within, for instance, the Southern Cross site tree (kind of like USC/USL).

I support the idea (of course with additional analysis).