News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Started by CTG, October 21, 2002, 09:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

So, the new try:

Lap 1: safety solutions in the first part, average cornering before the finish straight - then screwing up with a bad last corner... a left one... shame on me... 1:06.10

Lap 2: still safe driving, missing powergear on the ramp, fine left corners; result is a "solid" 1:07.20 (bah...)

Lap 3: everything goes well... still everything... even the boulevard jump... even the bridge... corner: excellent... corner: flawless... OH MY GOD, PROBABLY MY FASTEST DEFAULT LAP EVER (staring the clock instead of the road)... last corner: too tight, touching the grass, losing a lot of speed. "AKURVAANYÁDBAZDMEG!!!", the usual overconfidence based mistake... or the world famous weak nerves of CTG? The clock stops at 1:03.95 - however, I did not press the UP arrow in the last one second of it...

3 minutes for pee & calming down

Lap 4: first half seems to be strong mediorce, no boulevard jump, the second part is nice. 1:04.95, not so bad.

Lap 5 (new tactics, hiding the clock part with a small piece of sticky note): strong, well-balanced replay, although not a brilliant one. The final 1:04.05 surprised me a bit, I expected about 1.5 s worse.

++ Surviving all runs
+< 1:04 lap after a long time
+ developing a different, relaxed, less risky keypress technique for the right corners (yes, we can learn new things even after 20 years)
-- Losing my best Default result ever by a stupid, very CTGish mistake... that's live racing - the "perfect" first 90% means nothing if you are a loser in sharp situations...
--- Losing self-control because of a game

alanrotoi

I'm happy with my current time (rpl lost :() and I think won't race in that track again. :D

Friker

What rules do you use?

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on July 09, 2012, 03:09:00 PM
Instructions for tonight:

Open Stunts.
Select Default track.
Pick the Indy.
Give five serious tries to it, like at WSM.
Don't publish your results, if you don't want to. But please tell how many of your laps finished with a crash.
I would add: Classic line, NoRH, no shortcuts.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

alanrotoi

Basing of the times I think it's norh.

Chulk

That's why I added it to CTG's quoted rules
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

alanrotoi

Yes, I left open the "post reply" window and when I was about to post it, yours appeared. I sent it anyway xD

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on February 23, 2013, 01:13:26 AM
I would add: Classic line, NoRH, no shortcuts.

In addition, I assume that in this context no shortcuts doesn't mean strict IRC rules, so the old-school cork cut is allowed, and getting momentarily on fast grass at the chicane is no problem either.

Friker

Fisrt five tries: DNF

Second run:
1. 1:14.10
2. 1:18.80
3. 1:16.15
4. 1:11.45
5. 1:11.35

Third run:
1. DNF
2. 1:13.55
3. 1:08.80
4. DNF
5. DNF

Probably my longest session with INDY ever :)

CTG

Quote from: Friker on February 23, 2013, 01:19:59 PM
Fisrt five tries: DNF

Second run:
1. 1:14.10
2. 1:18.80
3. 1:16.15
4. 1:11.45
5. 1:11.35

Third run:
1. DNF
2. 1:13.55
3. 1:08.80
4. DNF
5. DNF

Not an insult, but these are quite weak laps. I guess you make something wrong, because your Le Stunts skills seem to be a lot stronger than that. Do you reach powergear on the bridge?

CTG

whooohoooo, 5 successful (semi-)drunk tries:

1:11.30; 1:13.50 ;D; 1:08.10; 1:06.60; 1:05.95!

Friker

Quote from: CTG on February 23, 2013, 01:31:30 PM
Quote from: Friker on February 23, 2013, 01:19:59 PM

Not an insult, but these are quite weak laps. I guess you make something wrong, because your Le Stunts skills seem to be a lot stronger than that. Do you reach powergear on the bridge?

Did I mention that I hate INDY, I never raced with INDY etc.? I reached PG only once in DNFs (in the first pack) and that 1:08 time. In general, I do not like fast cars because they require some skill which I do not have because I do not have a talent and I don't (and didn't) play Stunts so much.

alanrotoi

A new meme: He wins a track on zakstunts... he says is not talented.

CTG

Alain sucked in noRH and still - he's one of the legendary champions.

CTG

I just realized that my Default RH record is pathetic... ::)