News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts 9.0

Started by dreadnaut, January 11, 2014, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Since Zak has updated the version number, new thread for suggestions and complaints!

dreadnaut

Anyone interesting in bringing the Newbie Guide up to date? The whole text is on this pad.

At 340 lines it might be... a bit long and scary for newbies :)

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 11, 2014, 06:06:26 PM
Anyone interesting in bringing the Newbie Guide up to date? The whole text is on this pad.

At 340 lines it might be... a bit long and scary for newbies :)

Tell us what you need. It can be solved in team work.

as you mentioned earlier, some videos would be cool

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on January 11, 2014, 06:30:14 PMTell us what you need. It can be solved in team work.

I only have vague ideas :P
I was starting to clean up the registration/login code (anyone wants a "remember me" option? ;) ) so I took another look at the guide and found it a bit long.

Then I got distracted by trying to put dosbox+conf+stunts+shortcut in a single directory... (spoiler: it works)

CTG

Dunno why, I associated from "Newbie Guide" to "Driving School"... :D

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on January 11, 2014, 07:22:10 PMDunno why, I associated from "Newbie Guide" to "Driving School"... :D

Videos for the Driving School would also be great! I can think of a bunch of tricks that I didn't know were possible a year ago. I would include:

Basic stuff
  • replay handling
  • fast grass
  • powergear
  • dual-way
  • magic carpets (ZCT138/139 should have useful replays)

Obstacles tricks
  • Slalom: driving through at high speed and driving on the side (ZCT139)
  • Corkscrews: skipping the loop, slide-turn on the way out (DEFAULT, ZCT139)
  • Loops: jumping out to the side, cutting through, loop base bug (ZCT139, ZCT148)
  • Cork U/D: driving outside (ZCT149), jumping above (ZCT145?), going through the wall (ZCT140)

Speed up tricks
  • 'boulevard' jumps (ZCT143)
  • banked road jumps (ZCT138)
  • half-pipe jumps and bumps (entrance, mid-pipe obstacles, exit)
  • ramp small-jumps, inside or on the side (often in yours and Renato's replays)

Advanced tricks
  • the turning-mid-air-by-jumping-while-sliding thingy
  • sliding-then-suddenly-going-forward-without-slowing-down
  • powergear on water near fences (USC-Cucuta)
  • powergear "corners"
  • helicopter?

alanrotoi

Is it possible to bring back the car bonuses table sorted by %?

It was very useful. :)

About the customized profile, where is shown then? I can't see others profile (not statistics but years expertice/height/problems/background/problems profile)

dreadnaut

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 31, 2014, 05:26:54 PM
Is it possible to bring back the car bonuses table sorted by %?
Sure! Would it be better to sort the table, or directly to have the graph in the results page sorted?

QuoteAbout the customized profile, where is shown then? I can't see others profile (not statistics but years expertice/height/problems/background/problems profile)
There only a "profiles" page using that information, but it doesn't seem to work. I'll give it a look ;)

alanrotoi

1) As you wish. The table was a bit "offside" from the track section but I always used it. :D Maybe if in the car bonuses section you add the sort option or if every month it sorts by % may be easy to code.

2) Great! Thank you!

dreadnaut

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 31, 2014, 05:26:54 PM
About the customized profile, where is shown then? I can't see others profile (not statistics but years expertice/height/problems/background/problems profile)
Just as a temporary solution, I grafted those field at the bottom of the profile page :)

alanrotoi

Perfect! Only a bit of design order and it's done :).

Duplode

Quote from: Zak, on the shoutboxBTW, you can download ZCT152 from the tracks page http://zak.stunts.hu/tracks but you will be only able to send replayes from the 4th of March.
That being the case, would you consider adding a third state to the current race header, in which it would point to the new track and state, instead of "Time is up", something like "Preview - Race starts in..."? It won't make that much of a difference, as the interval won't be more than three days long, but it would clearly tell casual visitors that there is activity going on during said interval.

RacerBG

The site looks good and behaves so by now. :) But the "Chat" link at the "Info" section gives me an error:

QuoteStrict Standards: Non-static method AJAXChatFileSystem::getFileContents() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/virtual-ftp/stunts/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatTemplate.php on line 37 ^

Everything else works, well done. 8)
Stunts full crazy man with top perfomance from backwards!

dreadnaut

Quote from: RacerBG on March 16, 2014, 05:25:48 PMBut the "Chat" link at the "Info" section gives me an error:

I had forgot about that ::)  Should be working now!

dreadnaut

Quote from: Duplode on March 02, 2014, 06:12:44 PM
That being the case, would you consider adding a third state to the current race header, in which it would point to the new track and state, instead of "Time is up", something like "Preview - Race starts in..."? It won't make that much of a difference, as the interval won't be more than three days long, but it would clearly tell casual visitors that there is activity going on during said interval.

How it works now:
  • "Time's up" appears on the 1st of the month, after a deadline, and the home page points to the results of the race just over
  • the new track appears on the home page when it's ready, but not earlier than the 2nd day of the month; once the track is visible, replays can be sent
  • leading time calculations start on the 4th of the month (cfr. rules)