News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Shape ideas

Started by CTG, October 22, 2008, 06:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vector

Super Sports Car?  ???

CTG

There are already 2 Ferrari cars. However, Porsche is still leading with 4...

Vector

CTG

Vector

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

You can do a Pagani...

CTG

Quote from: Vector on March 04, 2015, 04:02:49 PM
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

You can do a Pagani...

I don't like Pagani.

Vector

But is not made, already! This is your choice!

alanrotoi

USC_closure

Quote from: Marco, Shoutbox
My friends I have seen some cars in the CTG videos that i have nevere seen ... like mustang if I'm not wrong. Is there somewhere a full package of all the known shared cars of the world?

Mustang?  :o Maybe you saw Dodge Challenger.

Overdrijf

I don't think I ever actually posted this to the Stunts board, but I made a dinosaur in Stunts. No really.

(Yes, it makes more sense if you know the other game mentioned.)

JTK

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Overdrijf

Question: When I try to save my 3D shape I get an error that the number of vertices (257) exceeds the maximum of 256, so I can't save. The thing is: I already removed a bunch of vertices and polygons since I first got that message and even tried removing the shapes that originally seemed to have triggered it. Anybody know how to beat it, other than restarting from a previously saved file?

(EDIT: It even refuses to be exported. I really did something bad to that car. And despite not being able to save it did corrupt my save. Reported file size does not match actual file size or header. (File is near empty in a hex editor.) Good thing I at least have a backup of car1. Stressed really is a brilliant little program and I keep finding out about features I should have been using all along, but it still has a bug or two as well.)

To bend this into an actual useful question: for quickly scaling up car1 to car0 I know you're supposed to export, scale the object in a general 3D editing program and import again. I did it the slow way ones today, I'm ready for a change. I've tried a few programs and they all fail to work so far in one way or another. Does somebody know a program, preferably free, which will do the job? (This is like, the only 3D work I ever do, I'm more of a 2D shopper.) If paintjobs and wheels are not intact that's fine, because that's going to happen anyway, but it shouldn't create extra polygons, and it should allow me to keep the same point as 0.

Duplode

Quote from: Overdrijf on September 14, 2018, 03:55:58 PM
for quickly scaling up car1 to car0 I know you're supposed to export, scale the object in a general 3D editing program and import again. I did it the slow way ones today, I'm ready for a change. I've tried a few programs and they all fail to work so far in one way or another. Does somebody know a program, preferably free, which will do the job? (This is like, the only 3D work I ever do, I'm more of a 2D shopper.) If paintjobs and wheels are not intact that's fine, because that's going to happen anyway, but it shouldn't create extra polygons, and it should allow me to keep the same point as 0.

My tool of choice was Anim8or. It fit the bill of "3D editor for someone who has no clue about 3D editing" pretty well when I first went looking for that, and it has an adequate scaling function. It is a WIndows program (in the distant past I got it to work well enough on Linux/Wine, but it didn't cooperate last time I tried). Blender now can handle polygons with more than three sides (once upon a time it couldn't), so in principle it is also an option (I say "in principle" because I never could bring myself to actually learn to use it).

Quote from: Overdrijf on September 14, 2018, 03:55:58 PM
When I try to save my 3D shape I get an error that the number of vertices (257) exceeds the maximum of 256, so I can't save. The thing is: I already removed a bunch of vertices and polygons since I first got that message and even tried removing the shapes that originally seemed to have triggered it. [...] It even refuses to be exported. I really did something bad to that car. And despite not being able to save it did corrupt my save. Reported file size does not match actual file size or header. (File is near empty in a hex editor.)

Noted. It would be worth having a go at reproducing that one of these days...

Overdrijf

Blender gave some weird effects for me, but I'll hapily try Anim8tor.

As far as recreating it goes: I still have the bad file open. If there is anything you can think off you'd like me to try out on it I'd be happy to. I just can't send it to you, for obvious reasons.

Duplode

Quote from: Overdrijf on September 15, 2018, 07:46:17 AM
As far as recreating it goes: I still have the bad file open. If there is anything you can think off you'd like me to try out on it I'd be happy to. I just can't send it to you, for obvious reasons.

I can't think of anything useful... I wonder, though, if the editor (the coordinate grid, the shape picker, etc.) still appears to work normally.

(When it comes to reproducing it, I guess synthesising a 256 vertices shape and then trying to extend it would be the way to go.)