News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Comments

Started by zaqrack, October 09, 2003, 02:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

no this is not a track. Any opinion/suggestion on TDC 2003 comes here

Krys TOFF

I suggest MANY people send tracks for the contest. :lol:
I'll do it soon.

Mingva

`
Zak, please indicate how many persons voted for each track :idea:

Mingva

aaaaa, Zak, serious problems in voting system :!: Before my vote, Meteora had 3.86667 points. But after my vote, the ranking decreased to 2.9!!! My vote for this track was 4/4/5, and factors set to original - 1/1/1.

P.S. I think, voting without factors would be much better - no or less bugs, less work to you for coding.

zaqrack

open your eyes, its 3.98 :D

Mingva

OK, you corrected it. Finally
But don't worry Zak, soon I'll find new bugs

Mingva

Argh, ghosts voting again :evil: Someone gave 0 points to Everglades and Chamonix. And I think the same situation is with Goal!!! and Fortytwo.

Everglades
Current points: 3.53472 (6 votes) <- was 4.2x after 5 votes

Chamonix
Current points: 0 (1 votes)

Argammon

Somehow I liked the system of the TDC2002 better,in which you had a page where you could exactly see who gave what kind of marks for which track...
Can you bring such a page back?

CTG

Or just making a simple average from all votes... I think the problem is in the overcomplicated counting mode!

al il professore

ZAK!!!

I HARDLY SUGGEST THAT ABSOLUTLY NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO QUOTE A DESIGNER NAME IN THE POSTS HERE...

I thought it was good new TDC competition because the vote is blind. But this part of the forum we can find dirty lines like:

the cube must be designed by looger, we dont know his style yet.

AKOSS! we are not trying to guess who design the track, hence how good the track is compared to the length of the dick of its designer (its an example, i could have said IQ number instead of length of the dick, but i didnt, and i think you know why... oh mud... sorry, i'll go on with my vindicative tone)

KRYS! "I forgot to guess the track designer : anyone could have done a track like this one : Akoss, Mingva, BJ, Alan,... Difficult to say." its no fun if you dont test the tracks and note it because of the design and not the designer.

mingva, alanrotoi and argammon stay absolutly neutral... i think they have a little higher mental age than the average track voters.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

plus its easy: you want a track note to drop: tell in the forum alain made it...

you want a track note to be influenced in a bad way (unequalty) speak about the designer.

you want a competition to be biaised? tell your real time before the competition manager publishes it.

Thats paradoxal, but i insult lots of things and respect them at the same time. If i hate Bonzai joe its because of his good results. nothing more. do you see the point? that means i respect him as a GREAT driver.

trying to guess who design a track before the end of the competition is insulting and mudding the entire competition and the competitors. possessing respect value means more than simply saying 'i respect something' its acting with consciousness.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

satanziege

Just 2 ideas to cause more work for Zak ;) :
- Would be possible to put new tracks in the news section? Or is this too much work for the short time the contest runs?
- And is there a reason why one shouldn't change the vote or reenter it? I had one or two typos today, at least i only noticed after hitting submit ;)
FNORD!

Krys TOFF

I disaggree with Alain.
I like to play the "guess who made this track" game. :P

And Mingva isn't SO neutral : I remember he tipped somewhere I was the track designer.
About my votes : I vote the design by itself, not because of who I think made the track. That's for the so called biaised votes.

Alain, everyone try to guess who made what, even you I'm sure, it's not necessary volontary, it's just human.
Post sender : mmmm, I guess this post was made by me. :lol:

al il professore

We are not writing a common essay about human stupidity. We are displaying to consciousness that guessing who made the track would simply not be allowed in a neutral competition.

Now lets do what we can, and biase the competition while speaking about men and not about tracks.

al il professore

i am surprised how the votes are influenced by previous ones.

some simply write: same comments as...

other just watch the scores page and give the same notes.

well  a blind vote is the solution.