News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

new user wants an account but can't answer the second question

Started by llm, June 17, 2020, 02:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llm

examples:
"What is the title of track #216?"
"Who won season 2017"

i have no idea how to solve such questions... maybe a little bit too strong for interested people

Usrin

Quote from: llm on June 17, 2020, 02:53:30 PM
examples:
"What is the title of track #216?"
"Who won season 2017"

i have no idea how to solve such questions... maybe a little bit too strong for interested people

Have you found the current track and scoreboard? There you can use the dropdown menus (with years) to find all information from previous seasons.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

llm

>Have you found the current track and scoreboard?
>There you can use the dropdown menus (with years) to find all information from previous seasons.

no

are there all the registration answers available?

Usrin

Quote from: llm on June 17, 2020, 03:15:11 PM
>Have you found the current track and scoreboard?
>There you can use the dropdown menus (with years) to find all information from previous seasons.

no

are there all the registration answers available?

If you are not a robot, you can find them with a little search on the homepage.
E.g. all previous tracks with the dropdown menus from here: http://zak.stunts.hu/tracks/ZCT227
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Overdrijf

As an example for the questions you posted:
This is track 216, Countryside.
And these are the standings of 2017, with Finrok winning.

It's thematic, and not easy to do for a bot unless someone writes a spambot specifically for Zakstunts. So it's overall a pretty decent system.

Welcome to the club, it's always nice to see interest in Zakstunts. (Especially from a returning player who joined the forums in 2009.)

Duplode

I wonder if we can make it a little more obvious where to find the answers. Later I'll have a look at how much leeway the forum interface gives us to tweak that.

afullo

When I registered back in 2014, something about opponents was asked; I had to open the game and check. By the way, welcome aboard!  ;)

Duplode

Quote from: afullo on June 18, 2020, 12:00:07 AM
When I registered back in 2014, something about opponents was asked; I had to open the game and check.

Yup. The questions were changed a while ago to be about ZakStunts because spammers were somehow getting through them. I have just tweaked the questions to make it explicit that they are about ZakStunts, which will hopefully make it easier to find the answers.

(By the way, I have also approved the account of xor2003, who I presume is the new user in question. Welcome!)