News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Bauhaus (2020-12-19)

Started by dreadnaut, December 16, 2020, 06:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Daniel3D on December 19, 2020, 10:57:58 PM
They were very fun.
But you can still race them.
The times to beat are there.

It's not the same. When you are in a live race, your senses work differently. Some of us perform better in such a sharp situation - others are just frozen.

Based on the good old records, I am the only pipsqueak being always better in the first half of the race than in the second. Others keep improving, while I lose nerves and concentration. (The same in live gokart racing, my early laps are always faster...)

Cas

I feel I drive better in Le Stunts live races than in tournaments. I don't win, but at least my laps are not a shame, ha, ha. This is the format I feel the most comfortable with. And I have also had the same impression as CTG, more or less. Sometimes I sit down to try to make a good lap on a track. First time I try it, I get something decent, so I think "OK, I'll try again and get something better". All subsequent attempts result in laps far inferior to my first one, somehow inexplicably. So my first driving minutes appear to also be my best.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

KyLiE

Here is the scoreboard for Bauhaus with the fastest lap times:

1. Duplode  1:27.05
2. dreadnaut  1:28.50
3. Overdrijf  1:35.50
4. Cas  1:35.25
5. KyLiE  1:39.10
6. Daniel3D  1:43.30

Here is the scoreboard for Cactus festival with the fastest lap times:

1. Duplode  1:10.25
2. Overdrijf  1:12.70
3. Cas  1:13.85
4. KyLiE  1:16.50

Congratulations to Duplode for winning both races!  Also, great results from Daniel3D and myself as this was our first time racing live.  I have attached maps showing everyone's position at the 8 minute mark.  I look forward to racing with you all again soon! :)

Duplode

Neat visual summary, KyLiE -- I might borrow the format in the future  :)

Daniel3D

Quote from: CTG on December 19, 2020, 11:23:08 PM
It's not the same. When you are in a live race, your senses work differently. Some of us perform better in such a sharp situation - others are just frozen.
That is very true.
I was so worked up the first round. Hyper focused, that I forgot about the countdown....
But my laps did slowly get better as I relaxed.

A shame I could stay for the second round.
Found my motto for my signature...  8)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

Hey, KyLiE, great analysis and images!  I reckon I could add eventually something like that to Bliss so that you can directly add marks with text within it. It already has the colouring option, which can be very useful for things like these too, but it's not the same. And Daniel3D, I like your signature!

Overdrijf

I find it funny how the live race results often sort of match what you'd expect from the Zakstunts results, even with all the replay handling and shortcuts we use in those races. Even the trippy time travel thing we do in the competitions builds race skills that translate to a live event.

This time I'm also pleasantly surprised by how consistent the results are from one race to the next (those are great graphics that KyLIE made). The first race pretty much everything that could go wrong did go wrong for me (I even ended up posting my time two minutes late or so because my browser kept crashing, making my official time a DNF) while the second race was a dream run with an IMSA car which I just in general really like, few crashes even in the high speed sections and a shortcut I had figured out in the last ten minutes before this event's starting time. I mean, any race in which you finish close to Duplode is a good race. And the difference is like... a third of a lap maybe, using the other pipsqueaks as a benchmark? So a 5% difference in speed (relative to other contestants) over the entire race? That's pretty good consistency given the difference in my experience, and given how chaotic live races feel.

EDIT: Also, this was my 700th post on these forums. This is not a very fast forum to accrue posts on, but 700 feels nice.

Cas

It'd be great to be able to make a real live race, but we're all so spread out in the world and now, the pandemic and many community members have a family that may make it difficult to move... I wonder if one day it'll be possible. Also, with enough computers in parallel to be able to race at the same time!

The number of posts appears unreal when compared between users. Also, if we could see a graph of how many posts we made on each month, we'd see that we've had very different seasons. I think I've posted in 2015 maybe a third of everything I posted and now this year I've been posting a little more again.

KyLiE

Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

Daniel3D

Hi. I took the melange for a spin on Cactus on my mobile phone (magic dosbox) to see how it would go.

And although it's not really fast. I can't be as responsive as I would be with a keyboard. And I crashed twice. It is still ok.
I'll will compare with my computer.

I managed more than 4 laps.  8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Duplode

Quote from: Daniel3D on December 24, 2020, 01:50:45 PM
Hi. I took the melange for a spin on Cactus on my mobile phone (magic dosbox) to see how it would go.

And although it's not really fast. I can't be as responsive as I would be with a keyboard. And I crashed twice. It is still ok.
I'll will compare with my computer.

I managed more than 4 laps.  8)

About fifteen seconds away from five laps... without a keyboard, that's no small feat!  8)

Cas

For sure!  I wouldn't be able to drive Stunts at all with a mobile phone!

Daniel3D

8)
Thanks. But it took me some practice.
Steering has haptic feedback (magic dosbox is nice that way)
My phone is not that old but also not that special.
It a Motorola G5s Plus. But any G5 or better should work. It about a 10% of the price of a high end iPhone or Samsung.

Dit it again without cutting corners. 5 seconds short of 5 laps  8) 8)

EDIT:
by comparison i also raced on my laptop.
was quicker, but still Last  8)

Times:
1:35:10
2:57:95
4:21:80
5:52:45
7:18.80
8 min mark in the banked corner after the looping.

Fastes lap, 1:22:85....
Edison once said,
---------
---------