News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 236 - Alan Rotoi's Paradise

Started by Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister, March 16, 2021, 08:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

1 Alan Rotoi - his track, his car, his style
2 Duplode - just sneaking silver from CTG
3 CTG - despite huge effort; but getting leading time point(s)
then group of 2010-2020 elite drivers who are destined to drive this track, e.g. Finrok, Seeker, Friker, Marco or something like this... let's assume 3 drivers from this cathegory, 4th-6th
7 Akoss Poo
8 Dreadnaut
9 Kylie
10 Zapper and Overdrijf (tied)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Duplode

1. Alan Rotoi
2. CTG
3. Duplode
4. Akoss Poo
5. Overdrijf
6. Marco
7. dreadnaut
8. KyLiE
9. Zapper
10. GTAMan15

GTAManRCR

Later I'll improve (Don't expect it while on public days)
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

CTG

1 Alan Rotoi
2 Crymachine Poo
3 Duplode
4 Friker
5 KyLiE
6 CTG
7 Overdrijf
8 Böllér Jani
9 Bóló Yeung
10 a new driver called BÖFF

I'm drunk!

alanrotoi

Quote from: Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister on March 16, 2021, 08:52:53 PM

Quote from: CTG on March 16, 2021, 10:58:23 PM
1 Alan Rotoi

Quote from: Duplode on March 16, 2021, 10:30:17 PM
1. Alan Rotoi

I hope you'll right!  ;D (that's bad) But you're facing old Alan "rusty fingers" Rotoi. 40 years guys. (that's good) On the other hand I didn't use this year a checkpoint system yet (the way I used to race hard). (that's bad) Also I'm kinda lazy about it (that's good), but I'm involved in the community more than the last years (that's bad). I think some predictions puts in my shoulders the "weight of the favourite" and you know I won't race that hard (that's good) but maybe yes (that's bad). We have to consider that here in Argentina started this month the "student period" so I have less time for racing. (that's good)
I'm not drunk but a Simpsons fan :D

My prediction: The best scenario would be if you only race with GAR rules but I think I won't persuade to do that  ;D ;D. I don't feel winner this time, so I'll try to steal the more points I can hopful reaching a podium place.

Analyzing your predictions about yourselves:
Quote from: CTG on March 16, 2021, 10:58:23 PM
6 CTG

Quote from: Duplode on March 16, 2021, 10:30:17 PM
3. Duplode

7 Akoss Poo

I guess CTG feels as a winner this time and thinks Akoss would be 2nd and Dups 3rd. Akoss thinks about the same podium, he thinks he'll be 2nd. Also Dup thinks he'll be 2nd but maybe could win. Maybe the easiest possition remains in Marco's shoes. Dreadnaut and Overdrijf also will fight for a podium place. About me it's about the same of every month "if I can find something" or "if I can do this or that" I might win or might fight a podium place.

Dinner is almost ready so this is my bet:

1 CTG or Dup
2 Dup or CTG
3 Marco
4 Alan Rotoi
5 Akoss
6 Dreadnaut
7 Overdrijf
8 Kylie
9 Cas
10 afullo

Cas

I'm trying to work on my weakness: high speed cornering. I think I can improve my lap, but I don't know how much. That prediction is interesting!  Suppose I manager to get much better, it could be, ha, ha... except that Zapper is currently 5th...
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 17, 2021, 02:14:50 AM
I guess CTG feels as a winner this time and thinks Akoss would be 2nd and Dups 3rd.

I'm pretty sure that I won't win this race - but of course I will try to finish as high as possible. Probably this time it will be a 3rd or 4th place, behind you, Duplode and maybe Akoss Poo/Marco. (The official prediction is always a pessimistic version.)

I like the track, the car and their combo, too. That's always a bad omen for my final ranking. :D

Quote from: Cas on March 17, 2021, 07:01:11 PM
I'm trying to work on my weakness: high speed cornering.

Btw I was always curious about the cornering speed anomaly. Most of the cars are stable in the corners up to X mph, losing grip between X and 1.1-1.2 X, and again, they turn without problem at 1.1-1.2 X. In the case of Melange, its stable under ~150 mph and between 170-180 mph.

Cas

Quote from: CTGBtw I was always curious about the cornering speed anomaly.
I've noticed this in replays, but I often find it quite hard to reproduce. The reason for this happening, I don't know, but it suggests that the curve of the function used to calculate the effective grip at a certain moment has a minimum relative to speed (similar to square functions, a parabola or something like that) and the "safe" regions have a radius around the zeroes of the function. If the minimum is very low, then the zeroes are more separated and an intermediate unstable region is created, but if the minimum is higher, only very high speeds will make it unstable.

This is my very vague conjecture. The right person for this kind of riddle is Duplode!

Daniel3D

Quote from: CTG on March 17, 2021, 10:16:48 PM
Btw I was always curious about the cornering speed anomaly. Most of the cars are stable in the corners up to X mph, losing grip between X and 1.1-1.2 X, and again, they turn without problem at 1.1-1.2 X. In the case of Melange, its stable under ~150 mph and between 170-180 mph.
Ah.. that explains why I could never could come anywhere near your time...
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Duplode

My guess would be that the anomaly has to do with going fast enough through a corner so that there's not enough time for you to lose control of the car by steering too hard for too long.

From what I recall, when it comes to cornering stability the game deals with the balance of available grip (which depends on car and surface) and demanded grip (which depends on speed and steering). I'm fairly sure demanded grip is monotonic on both variables. (That is a relatively accessible part of the code, and it might be worth having another look at it.)

By the way, this discussion reminds me of Overdrijf's sour spot theory, which makes for very interesting reading.

Cas

When I finally sit down and start working on the engine physics, I will have to take these things into account to try to make it as faithful to Stunts as possible :)

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on March 19, 2021, 12:45:33 AM
When I finally sit down and start working on the engine physics, I will have to take these things into account to try to make it as faithful to Stunts as possible :)
But leave the left corner bias out of it please... That is clearly a bug, and not a quirk...
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

In fact the best car for this track was the Vett in a power gear ride but I couldn't maintain it at the end. I made a test without PG and it worked without penalty time but when I tryied with PG I couldn't find the way.

The red line in the map shows more or lees the PG way and the yellow line marks until I was able to drive without penalty. If that part was solved then the rest seems pretty easy with only two corners to the right.

I used all my time in this car. That's why my Melange time wasn't improved.