News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Second set of tyres

Started by afullo, January 08, 2022, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afullo

http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php/Car_parameters

Quote0E6h/0E7h, 0E8h/0E9h, 0EAh/0EBh, 0ECh/0EDh - another series of values, this time 0020h, 00C0h, 0080h and 0040h. The resemblance to the default values of the surface grip modifiers, which are located near these positions, is uncanny: were they intended to refer to a second set of tyres?

I just added the bold part; did someone make the same hypothesis in the past?

Cas

These are what I called the "Orange" set in the mysterious field list. I felt that, since these values were similar to those of default surface material grip, then they could be representing other materials that either are not used or we rarely encounter and therefore, don't put much attention to.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

afullo

Quote from: Cas on January 09, 2022, 01:16:52 AM
or we rarely encounter and therefore, don't put much attention to.

Like the tennis field surface or the filling station one, for instance?

Cas

Exactly, things like that... I was thinking about the central boulevard also
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

What about the side fences? Are those 3d objects?

Daniel3D

Yes, they are objects, and they have their own collision code. Therefore, you can't crash against them and can't jump over them.
But the fence itself is just another model.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Overdrijf

Quote from: afullo on January 08, 2022, 12:14:09 AM

Quote0E6h/0E7h, 0E8h/0E9h, 0EAh/0EBh, 0ECh/0EDh - another series of values, this time 0020h, 00C0h, 0080h and 0040h. The resemblance to the default values of the surface grip modifiers, which are located near these positions, is uncanny: were they intended to refer to a second set of tyres?

The values are roughly an order of magnitude smaller than the other ones. Either they're not quite the same kinds of values, or they were for some really slippery stuff.

afullo

Quote from: Overdrijf on January 11, 2022, 07:40:07 PM
Quote from: afullo on January 08, 2022, 12:14:09 AM

The values are roughly an order of magnitude smaller than the other ones. Either they're not quite the same kinds of values, or they were for some really slippery stuff.

Hmm, in fact, they are in decimal respectively 32, 192, 128, 64, while CarWorks reads the standard surface grips as 256 (asphalt), 192 (dirt), 64 (ice), 128 (grass).

Maybe in the sentence Most cars have these set to 1000h, 0C00h, 0400h and 0800h values are inadvertently written with the nonzero digit placed left by one position, that is, multiplied by 16.

Overdrijf

If the sentence is wrong/the sentences don't follow the same standard then sure. i was just looking at what was on the wiki.

afullo

I can confirm, see attachment. I'm going to correct the wiki.