News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

How do you delete tracks?

Started by Blackninja778, October 17, 2012, 11:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afullo

8 years (and 2 days) have passed from my first post in this community...  :-*

Cas

Oh... I don't remember when I first posted, ha, ha.  It's been a long time too!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

Also: it is "ten years from now" now, and not only are floppy disks still out of style, you're practically a dinosaur if you still have a cd-rom/dvd drive.

Good thing dinosaurs are so cool. Although that's mostly literal ones.

KyLiE

I'm writing this post from my MSI GT80S Titan SLI.  Optical drive?  Check! 8)

Overdrijf

I have a couple of colleagues who are nearing retirement, and neither of them had one anymore.

Cas

DVDs are a very particular case because there still is indeed a good reason for using them in some circumstances. They're simply the cheapest storage form per gigabyte. If you write something to a USB stick and you give it to somebody, you want it back, but if you give a DVD, that's no problem. Besides, DVDs seem to not rot like some writable CDs did, so you can expect them to store your data for a longer period of time if you don't touch them than flash drives.

There's another curious thing about physical storage media with time. Floppies and CDs may have been considered uncomfortable because of being large. I really never thought they were too large, but say they were, it made sense for 3.5" floppies and if even that was too big for you, then came standard SD cards. But now things have moved to the other end of the spectrum, since micro SDs are terribly uncomfortable for being so small!!!  In my opinion, the perfect size for portable media was that of 3.5" floppies. They just had to be made to have more capacity. They're not as easy to misplace as an SD card.

I think the true reason that these two inconsistencies occur is that the market now is focused toward cell phones, not computers. It's that. One more reason for me to hate cell phones  ;D
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who won the 2021 season of ZakStunts?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview