News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

The Purple Sunset Enduro (2022-04-02)

Started by KyLiE, March 07, 2022, 07:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which car should we use for The Purple Sunset Enduro?

Chevrolet Corvette CERV III
4 (50%)
Ferrari F40
2 (25%)
Lamborghini Countach
0 (0%)
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
0 (0%)
Porsche 911 Turbo
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: April 02, 2022, 02:00:34 PM

Cas

A top down video of the race would be very interesting to see :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

ZdnBurns

Hi guys!
Unfortunately I have missed many events and races.
I didn't know about the enduros. This is a excellent idea!
I have used another way for make tracks for various laps, like this in attachment.
I hope to participate in the next enduro!

ZdnBurns

alanrotoi

The next race is scheduled the 2nd or 3rd of July - Race B Organised by: Cas, Overdrijf, . Come the next time!!

I would say I want another race before July. We only need:

* A chatroom ( http://forum.stunts.hu/chat/ )
* A track (it should be easy to drive so it is possible to build in few minutes or just use and old one)
* pipsqueaks connecting to the chat at the same time for 40 mins - 1 hour :) (weekends seems to be the best option)

Daniel3D

Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Quote from: ZdnBurns on April 16, 2022, 02:40:48 PM
I didn't know about the enduros. This is a excellent idea!
We could set another live race in the following weekends. We can organize it if you agree. :D

Quote from: ZdnBurns on April 16, 2022, 02:40:48 PM
I hope to participate in the next enduro!

A good practice for noRH or live racing is in Race for Kicks.
http://www.raceforkicks.com/index.php?page=race&race=2022-04

Cas

@ZdnBurns - That's very ingenious, specially the second track!!  It took me a minute to realise what was going on!

I'll start making tracks for July. With Overdrijf, we'll surely provide two or three. What do you think, mate?

@Alan Rotoi - If you want to quickly set up another one sooner, I may be able to make it. If it's going to be early, it's better on a weekend that I have to work. If it's going to be late, it's better on a weekend I have off. This weekend, I'm working.

ZdnBurns

@Cas, now I noted that my first suggestion is not something new, you used it at Cactus!

Great! I hope enjoy the next events and help as possible.

The second suggestion is about go and come back on the same path (I don't know how explain that clearly in English). I was thinking about it some months ago, and something like that was what I found more functional.
It is also interesting if you want to use some things not allowed, like a bridge without the down ramp. But I think it's not a big new for everybody here.

alanrotoi

Quote from: ZdnBurns on April 17, 2022, 04:27:06 AM
It is also interesting if you want to use some things not allowed, like a bridge without the down ramp. But I think it's not a big new for everybody here.

It's new for me. I've never been a noRH or a live race pipsqueak. (Only on e 20 years ago). It's a great community event and we can find a different use of the game with these kind of tracks.

Cas

Yes, there's always something new!

I think that Stunts 1.0 allowed for a path that is connected to the start/finish line to be incomplete as long as at least one path was complete. But Stunts 1.1 requires that all paths that are connected to the start/finish line be complete!  If you want to drive on a normally illegal path, you have to disconnect it in a way akin to what you (ZdnBurns) did in the second track. The problem with this is that Stunts does not "follow" your car and when you come back to cross the finish line, you will either get a crazy penalty time or Stunts won't realise you crossed it at all and will continue recording. That makes it hard to verify and give an exact lap time.

Overdrijf

Quote from: ZdnBurns on April 16, 2022, 04:28:53 PM
Another trick...

Oeh, I might steal that trick for the next live track.

I did a track with a sort of similar idea in Zakstunts last season, but not like this, and this seems pretty impossible in a regular race.

Welcome aboard!