News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Trying out Ryoma's cars

Started by Duplode, December 27, 2021, 02:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Today's pick, the Ferrari Pinin! Forum Topic: http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=3685.0

• Gears: 5
  • Powergear: No
  • Flat track top speed: 196 mph
  • 0-60 mph: 6.25 s
  • Time to bot hill at Default (auto gears): 13.35 s (References: Skyline - 12.45 s; Acura - 12.70 s; Audi - 12.95 s; Ford Crown Vic - 12.8 s)
  • First impressions: My first thought was the dashboard is unfinished/taken from Lancia Delta. After that the car is fine. It has an easy run and it's very fast. Slow acceleration compared to Acura for example but way faster in a long straight line. I like that. It's a well done car, easy to drive and pretty fast in a track with many elements. The name of "Pinin" comes from  Battista "Pinin" Farina, a car designer and founder of Pininfarina S.p.A.

Ryoma

Quote from: alanrotoi link=topic=3888.msg83454#msg83454 date=1643134935
My first thought was the dashboard is unfinished/taken from Lancia Delta.

Thanks for the review.

It's the case of the prototype. The interior looks light and sober. For the history, this car was a concept car with some parts not functional (and no engine nor tank). Mauro Forghieri modified some years ago the prototype in order to be used on road.

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 25, 2022, 07:22:15 PM
Today's pick, the Ferrari Pinin! Forum Topic: http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=3685.0

Added to the first post index  ;)

(By the way, now that the ZakStunts 2022 cars have already been chosen, I guess it would make sense to move this thread to the Custom Cars subforum, right?)

alanrotoi

Duplode

Okay, thread moved, and pinned while we're at it.

Ryoma

I don't want any car of mine would be present in zakstunts.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Ryoma on April 23, 2022, 09:39:51 PM
Why? Because you feel unappreciated?
I dedicated an entire special edition to your cars because I appreciate them.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Quote from: Ryoma on April 23, 2022, 09:39:51 PM

I read all over the forum about what you don't want. The question is: What do you want?
The rules of Zakstunts specifies: "The designer of the competition track used for each actual race can distribute at most +10 and -10 coefficient points amongst the cars, to adjust the power of the cars to the specific track design. The track designer may also decide not to modify bonuses at all. Assigned points will apply only to the current track."

Race for kicks used Ferrari 456 GT built by you for March race and Lancia Stratos for current track.

There is an exclusive thread in the forum to test your cars and to know their performance and characteristics. You could help with this, they are your cars after all but anyway I enjoy trying and testing. We analyzed 18 cars so far.

If you want to manage a competition or an event using only your cars I'll participate.

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 24, 2022, 05:24:22 PM
I read all over the forum about what you don't want. The question is: What do you want?
Quote from: alanrotoi on April 24, 2022, 05:24:22 PM
You could help with this, they are your cars after all but anyway I enjoy trying and testing. We analyzed 18 cars so far.

If you want to manage a competition or an event using only your cars I'll participate.
He has a valid point.
Everyone has welcomed you and we have been supporting and encouraging. We have thought with you and given our opinions to help. Nobody has ever criticized your work.

So, instead of just stating the problem. Be part of the solution. We don't know what you think.
If you can't be part of the solution, we can not help you.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Today's pick, the Lancia Delta 2 TD LS!

• Gears: 5
  • Powergear: No
  • Flat track top speed: 123 mph
  • 0-60 mph: 11 s
  • Time to bot hill at Default (auto gears): 16.40s (References: Skyline - 12.45 s; Packard Eight - 19.15 s; Toyota Trueno - 15.45 s; Lamborghini LM-002 - 13.25 s)
  • First impressions:  It seems an unfinished work. None of the paintjobs in the showroom are presented in the racing mode, only the basic green skin. About the speedometer it doesn't shows the real speed, for example it marks 120mph where it should say about 70mph. The acceleration 0-60 is good but then it stucks and accelerates too slow. The dashboard is cool, I really liked it. About the info in the showroom is wrong (maybe real data but not ingame data). The grip seems close to the original cars but with such slow speed is hard to say.

Daniel3D

I noticed after the last race that the performance of some of the custom cars are not in line with the others.
(too slow or too fast of an acceleration for its class, or a grip setting that is significantly off compared to others, things like that)
It kind of makes them unusable for repeated use in competition. That would be a shame because a lot of effort was put in the cars.
So i am thinking of documenting those cars that are found (not necessarily by me, I don't consider myself a skilled enough test driver to decide on that) and re-release them as "tuned for play" with a new ID.

Since they are not my cars, I would like to know what you think about this.
(if the creator is still active, the above does not apply off course)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

KyLiE

Quote from: Daniel3D on August 26, 2022, 11:23:58 AM
I noticed after the last race that the performance of some of the custom cars are not in line with the others.

Can you elaborate on this?  Which cars are you referring to?

It kind of makes them unusable for repeated use in competition.

How so?

Since they are not my cars, I would like to know what you think about this.

I don't think it's a good idea.  Ryoma's collection of cars is overwhelming as it is.  Re-releasing modified versions will only dilute the custom car landscape and cause confusion.  When Zapper did it, custom cars were thin on the ground.  That's definitely not the case any more.

alanrotoi

I agree with Daniel. The work of Ryoma is priceless but I think he knew little about the game, its physics and ingame cars performance. We can find beatiful aestetic cars thanks to Stressed and Ryoma's skills but the problem starts when you fasten your seatbelt. I tested a lot of cars and there are 2 factors that makes many of them "impossible" for racing:

1) some cars are fast wich is ok and expected but some stats of them makes hard, impossible and/or not fun to race like very poor grip capacities.
2) some others are like cheated cars with and excellent 3d design. When I say cheated cars I refer to super fast cars that makes no sence and no reason. If you pick a car that in 3 or 4 seconds is runing at 240mph it has no sence like Skoda Felicia or Lada Niva.

It's not about erasing his work, I think it's about making corrections to make them "usable" specifying it. His work will be safe and corrected versions could be born from this if I didn't get it wrong.
I did a list of cars with these problems I'll publish later. Both reasons I can explain more deeply later (got to go sorry!)

Daniel3D

I agree that re-releasing the cars will only increase the amount of cars.
But I don't want to replace them either. I value the work Ryoma did, and I thought long about the impact of changing the work of Ryoma. But it would be a shame to have a bunch of cars that look good but nobody wants to drive..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Also CCC is a great opportunity to test a lot of his work in real competition tracks.