News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Idea: The CCC, aka The Custom Car Championship

Started by Daniel3D, April 25, 2022, 12:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

I have been walking with this idea for a while. And it is not fully formed yet.
But I feel there is need for a new competition because of the developments of the past 2 years.
Ryoma hit our forum by storm, and his creativity inspired a lot of us to contribute as well.
This has resulted in a wealth of cars that are gandering dust.

Both current competitions are build so that there is a form of equality on track.
Zakstunts with a car bonus system that works well for a limited set of cars.
R4K uses a mandatory single car per race system.

But with so many cars we can make groups of relative equal cars per competition.
It is a sort of hybrid between the two. Each race a set of cars that theoretically have an equal chance of winning.

But before is put a lot of effort in setting up such competition, I would like to know if there is interest in it.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Ryoma

For me, no... because the difference between pro and amateur will stay the same. By adding a lot of car, it will be difficult to make a BOP (Balance Of Performance). Zakstunts can be a better place, if they made many cars can win and not the car of the month.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Ryoma on April 25, 2022, 12:38:06 PM
For me, no... because the difference between pro and amateur will stay the same. By adding a lot of car, it will be difficult to make a BOP (Balance Of Performance). Zakstunts can be a better place, if they made many cars can win and not the car of the month.
Zakstunts is an old and steady competition with a good player base. Trying to make it different can damage the stability.
What you consider better can be a dealbreaker for somebody else.

The point is BOP. A small selection each race with similar performance.
The difference between pro and amateur will stay. Don't want to touch that,
I don't care if I come in last. Participating is more important.

But I think I do want to make it like Free OWOOT NoRH. (to lessen the difference)
can that be cheated? Yes. Do I care? No.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

KrysToff managed a competition called IMSA cup. There were weekly or biweekly races where you switch the car between Porsche 962 and Jaguar on every stage. The same could be done with Audi and Lancia (and Ford Sierra ;) ) and of course with the DTM cars. Maybe you are searching something like that.

http://imsacup.free.fr/Rules.htm

Daniel3D

I read about that, but I was thinking a bit bigger because we have more cars.
So, a race with 5 to 10 road cars with similar top speed,
a race with 5 to 10 cars with off-road and rally properties.
Things like that.

The road cars can involve several groups of cars with something in common,.
That makes each race a challenge because you need to find the best car for that track,.
That way, we can also get to know the cars better.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Overdrijf

Quote from: Ryoma on April 25, 2022, 12:38:06 PM

Zakstunts actually is a lot more equal now than it used to be. Now every car goes up 1% in coefficient if it wasn't in the top 3 on the last track, that used to be 3%. Still the xompetitiveness of the times and the demands of the tracks usually yield only a few contenders.

But if you have suggestions on how to make it better they're certainly welcome!

Overdrijf

More on topic: it is a pretty cool idea. Maybe try the format out as sort of a one shot hosted on the forum and go from there?

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on April 25, 2022, 04:44:06 PM
More on topic: it is a pretty cool idea. Maybe try the format out as sort of a one shot hosted on the forum and go from there?
Yes, I thought to try with 2 summer specials.
Called : Custom Cars Challenge  8)
If it works start a competition next year.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Side note: the original cars wil be presented in zappers tuned for real edition. So the full scope of cars can be used.  8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

Well, while Race For Kicks has embraced custom cars since the beginning and uses them really often, it's not exclusively advocated to those cars. I'd say the car selection has more to do with cars being fast, with some exceptions, although novelties are important too.

I do think there's space for another championship. Not sure if custom cars should be the pivot or not, but maybe yes. Alan Rotoi has mentioned not long ago that he would like to start another tournament, but doesn't feel sure about there being space for one. I asked Duplode some time ago if he'd want to do another season of Southern Cross one day and he also thought that it'd be nice, but would like to find a niche so that there's a balance between the tournaments. So again, I believe this balance is possible and in part, that's why I built EasyTour, which is relatively primitive now, but will do the trick. At a point in time, there were like five tournaments running at the same time! :)  Only thing is, probably, brief tournaments work well even if many, but for a long lasting one, this niche is very important and there shouldn't be more than maybe three. But I'm looking forward to new experiments and really would like to see something new coming up, so if there are new ideas, I'll definitely support you all guys.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Yes! About Easy tour I downloaded it but I have no place to put it. I should ask some space to dreadnaut 😆.

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 26, 2022, 10:59:02 PM
Yes! About Easy tour I downloaded it but I have no place to put it. I should ask some space to dreadnaut 😆.
@KyLiE, may we use your server for the summer tryouts?
@Alan, will you run the tryouts with me?
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Alright.
CAS has supplied and supported me with easy tour.
KyLiE has provided me with a server and a domain.

So there is a technical test at this point in time.
Anyone who wants to may participate in a tryout race.
Track is Default beta (hard driving version)
Most original of zappers tuned for real cars are allowed.

No car bonuses. So the Indy will be quickest but that is not the point.
EDIT. Got the Car pack working so i took an of the shelf carpack (zappers tuned for real pack) for the tests.

Try it out and let's see what happens.

CCC.mystunts.net

In July and August there will be a summer special championship. Four races of two weeks each.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

Oh!  So I see that right now there's 5:00am running there, but the current lap time is 3:20, so I wonder if it's OK for us to post replays already or if you guys are still testing. Just let us know
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

I'll take the night turn :D. We are testing but things are going very well so far :) Your pack is working fine. Also is my first time with this carpack.

Meanwhile I'm cooking chicken hot dogs. ;) Healthy and tasty.