News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Newbie scoreboard and progression

Started by dreadnaut, September 19, 2021, 10:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Quote from: Daniel3D on September 11, 2022, 05:09:51 PMThe rule is good but a bit ridged.
How about 10 xp in the last 12 driven races.
And an opt back to amateur if one does not reach 10? xp in 12 races anymore.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ridged".

I would prefer to a) not change the rules before seeing them in action for at least a season, and b) keep them simple. We'll see in December if the need for tweaks presents itself.

Daniel3D

I meant in static and not flexible.

Once pro, always a pro.
But being a pro is only a small part skill. A lot of it is time and effort.
So a way back could be something fresh pros would like.
But for now, keep it as it is. Just voiced it to have the idea open. If there is no interest in it, then that's ok.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

dreadnaut

Quote from: Daniel3D on September 12, 2022, 07:22:16 AMI meant in static and not flexible.

"Rigid" then 👍  I see what you mean, the promotion is one-way and might feel like a curse: now you are a "pro" and that's it.

Just to clarify, there is no "professional" division: there's a subset for amateurs, otherwise it's "everyone". That said, I understand that people might be more comfortable remaining amateurs. I hope that the experience numbers will move very slowly for most people. If they do not, we'll need to revise the rules.

Daniel3D

I have no fear to be forced into pro status.  8) I think that a top 12 position is possible for me, but it is more likely to be because of lack of attendance than skillful driving  ;D
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)