News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Legendary races

Started by CTG, April 14, 2006, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Quote from: Daniel3D on November 04, 2022, 04:16:58 PMWhen I came back in 2008/2009 (almost) ready to join I was confronted with beyond human driving styles and.. That was it.

Your comeback couldn't be in a "worse" time. The "Ayrton Era" is something else in the community history... and followed by Gutix and Renato Biker... that's the time of the Gods on Earth. We crashed against a wall... Duplode, Akoss Poo, Bonzai Joe, CTG, Chulk , Mark L. Rivers, me... just fought for the 2nd place the whole 2008 season!

It would be cool to frame the history in stages like this or Roy's Era  or Bonzai Joe vs Alan Rotoi era... if you read the messages from those times in the forum you can get an idea about what was going on in every part ;)

Overdrijf

Quote from: Daniel3D on November 04, 2022, 04:16:58 PMI found JTK site and competition in 2003

When I came back in 2008/2009

Wait, you've been (sort of) around here for that long? Nice.

Crap, now I'm trapped into replying to a thread from 2006 about ZCT16. Quick, change the topic...

As far as legendary tracks and races from my own time here go, I think back fondly of Cas' ZCT214. I had a little side fun that month arguing about game versions and shortcut rules in the chat, which can really help liven up the race as long as everyone is cool about it. But the real meat of the race was that I worked hard to do well on that track, racing throughout the month, packing advice to newbies in more cryptic wording so they wouldn't quite overtake me. I even think I hid my final replay from Duplode, no I think I thought about it, then shared anyway but still kind of stating that I would really like to win this one, only to be outdone by Finrok's even better powergear line. I won my first Zakstunts race the month after that of all races because I wasn't as interested in a full ice track, I only wanted to nail the outside loopcut into invisibridge I had spotted, and it turned out that was enough for the victory, which it wouldn't have been had I shared it earlier.

Another one I remember fondly is my 2018 comeback track, Cas' (huh, I may have a favorite track designer*) ZCT 206. In don't remember the racing itself as vividly, but the track design is super cool, a rollercoaster track with the central crossing requiring speeeeeeeeed. So yeah, maybe it did turn out to be a powergear track, like many a fast track does, but that track may actually have been an instrumental part of making my 2018 comeback stick (so far), where my 2012 dip back into stunts had lasted only three races.

So yeah, those would be some of my picks for legendary Zakstunts races.

*=Actually, this years' Cas contribution was also pretty amazing...

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on November 06, 2022, 01:36:25 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on November 04, 2022, 04:16:58 PMI found JTK site and competition in 2003

When I came back in 2008/2009

Wait, you've been (sort of) around here for that long? Nice.
Actually, i knew JTK's site longer but didn't have regular internet access. But when I started to live on my own in 2002 I downloaded stunts again from kalpen.de i had that remembered as failsafe should i loose my stunts copy.

I later found the competition, at least i remember nothing before the 2003 opening track that is still a favorite.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

I love to read these personal experiences! We should share more.

Speaking about time epocs, what happened in the community and in ZakStunts in particular between 2017 and 2020. Is that a different period? How would you define it?

alanrotoi

My impression about Stunts Eras between ~1999 and ~2010.

Cas

What would be the best way to separate Stunts history in eras from Stunts birth until today?  How many dubdivisions should we use?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Pre-internet "cradle of legends"
Birth of online competitions. "Growing of legends"
Zakstunts "league of legends".
Edison once said,
---------
---------

JTK

Quote from: alanrotoi on November 18, 2022, 06:04:31 PMMy impression about Stunts Eras between ~1999 and ~2010.

But there was a hill before the "Kalpen era": that was Lukas Loehrer's contest, afaik the first Stunts competition ever. After he closed his we started ours.
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Cas

Man, I'd like to start over... Let's get back to 1990 and do the whole thing again!  ;D

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on December 21, 2022, 08:08:50 PMMan, I'd like to start over... Let's get back to 1990 and do the whole thing again!  ;D
And wait 7 year's for the first online competition? No thanks..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

Well, I'd appreciate starting from 1997 too, ha, ha

Overdrijf

Overdrijf

Quote from: Daniel3D on November 06, 2022, 04:24:51 PMi remember nothing before the 2003 opening track that is still a favorite.
Note to self: this is how Daniel announces competition tracks.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on January 30, 2023, 09:23:00 AM
Quote from: Daniel3D on November 06, 2022, 04:24:51 PMi remember nothing before the 2003 opening track that is still a favorite.
Note to self: this is how Daniel announces competition tracks.
Nice work on butchering my words.
But scary accurate unfortunately. I have a sticky mind for facts, but that's about the only thing that sticks.. :'(
With the loss of the Nas we lost several years op pictures and with that basically my memory off those events..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Overdrijf

I just meant you said "the first track of 2003 is still one of my favorites" not long before bringing that track back in the competition. As you had been announcing that you claimed that spot early and had submitted your track already by december 3rd (see the forums) and probably earlier I assumed you stating you like the track less than a month before having it already submitted was linked to you picking this track. Part of the same track of mind, so to say.

My apologies for anything else you could have read in that message. It was not intended.