News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Two Lap Race (Bug)

Started by Erik Barros, November 27, 2022, 12:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik Barros

Gentlemen, this is the replay where I don't know how to cause a bug where I can't finish the race. I stopped at the end of the second lap but it is possible to continue. Thanks for accepting me on the forum, it's been a lot of fun discovering the potential of the competition and I never imagined having custom cars.

Duplode

Thanks for sharing the replay, Erik! Continuing your replay from a few places around the dual-way splits shows the bug has to do with driving on the broken icy path, starting from around 1:50. Turing into a broken path can leave you stuck, as in order to bring you back to the main path of the track the game will expect a dual-way rejoin, which will never come. In this case, driving on a single tile of icy road after the split seems enough to bring forth a never-ending race.

P.S.: Sorry for the delay in getting your forum account approved! The recent forum upgrade held back for a while some of the admin notifications, which made us take longer than usual to become aware of your request.

Erik Barros

Nice, thanks for the Duplode answer, entering this championship made me discover a lot of bugs that I didn't know about. Vai Pombo kkkk

Duplode

Yeah, racing brings forth plenty of corner cases, and corner cases of corner cases, etc.  :)

Quote from: Erik Barros on November 27, 2022, 03:55:07 PMVai Pombo kkkk

Pruuu!  :D  Confident for tomorrow? I feel my 3-1 pick for the bolão remains sound a week later. 

Cas

As I mentioned in the other post, I just made a test with this track. Went straight and I got the bug
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Erik Barros

i've got another bug, just start the race and swam the first turn.

Cas

I think this is because the rumble thingies are passable. On grass, they seem solid because of the ground underneath them, but on water, you can't have the whole car on them without sinking.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.