News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts Contest in dosreloaded.de

Started by alanrotoi, November 24, 2022, 09:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

https://dosreloaded.de/forum/index.php?thread/5028-4d-sports-driving-stunts-jahrescontest-2022/&pageNo=1

Hey last year there was a Stunts Contest! I think this year there is again a contest but it's all in German :D We should make some advertising and exchange visits there ;) In fact they raced with custom cars like Lotus Esprit or BMW DTM

This was the set of rules:
QuoteRoute Selection Rules:

- we are collecting routes NOW. Anyone may submit one or more routes. Please PM me, DO NOT attach here

- There are no more predefined vehicles, but the builder is allowed to name vehicles that don't work on his track (this way we avoid having to make everything Lamborghini LM-002 compatible)

- Distances should be max. 2-3 minutes long

Rules for the contest itself:

- we start on 1.1.

- Every month a route and the associated vehicle will be drawn at random

- everyone can submit times until the end of the respective month, so you can always improve. Screenshot is enough as proof, replay does not have to be.

- no shortcuts, no driving through the grass, no shortcuts to obstacles (e.g. looping and corkscrew driving through in any case)

Overdrijf

Ooooh, super nice. Actual Germans driving my DTM cars. We should totally crash that next year.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on November 24, 2022, 10:14:51 PMOoooh, super nice. Actual Germans driving my DTM cars. We should totally crash that next year.
We should invite them to our forum. We can add a German chat to the forum. I mean they probably know about us, but then again, maybe not.

We should send a diplomat. Someone that will not scare them. That they can understand well.. ehmm. JTK? Can you help?   .. hehehe..
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

dreadnaut

Quote from: Daniel3D on November 24, 2022, 11:11:58 PMWe should invite them to our forum. We can add a German chat to the forum.

They have their own whole forum already, I'm not sure what the appeal of a section elsewhere would be 🤔

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 26, 2022, 04:11:26 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on November 24, 2022, 11:11:58 PMWe should invite them to our forum. We can add a German chat to the forum.

They have their own whole forum already, I'm not sure what the appeal of a section elsewhere would be 🤔
Neither do I. Just the only thing that I could think of 🤣
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Duplode

Yup, that's a very nice competition, now into its third season, ran as one of the activities in a broader scope retrocomputing forum. They do know about us, and in fact I hanged around there for some time during the 2020 season. They didn't mind me posting in English back then, so if you feel like signing up to say hi (or post a lap, etc.) Google Translate should be needed only for reading, and not for writing.

(By the way, I had planned to, but nearly forgot about, driving one of their tracks before the season is over -- thanks for the reminder!  :) )

alanrotoi

How to persuade them to take part in the community and the competitions?

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on November 27, 2022, 01:51:07 PMHow to persuade them to take part in the community and the competitions?
Join their contest and put all our site's in your signature  ::)
passive aggressive advertising..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Quote from: Daniel3D on November 27, 2022, 02:56:16 PM
Quote from: alanrotoi on November 27, 2022, 01:51:07 PMHow to persuade them to take part in the community and the competitions?
Join their contest and put all our site's in your signature  ::)
passive aggressive advertising..

Right! It would be cool to stream in youtube a quick RH session in their track. ;)

Cas

Hey!  I think we should definitely work together and their competition should appear in our Wiki. If they have another forum, it's OK, but we should still have some form of intercommunication
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.