News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

11 - Chicane - Ferrari Frenzy

Started by Daniel3D, November 06, 2022, 08:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

Quote from: KyLiE on November 15, 2022, 03:14:25 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on November 10, 2022, 09:05:48 AMPlease share your fixes.

As promised: MarkCeccato.com

I see you made some changes to the Audi DTM. Can I ask what you did?

I don't always like people touching my toys (so to speak), but of these 3 the BMW has been my main testing car, and I found out a while after release that I didn't do with their handling values what I thought I did, which I think makes the BMW the straight up fastest of the lot (though by a small margin). (Although I'm afraid I missed the results of the CCC race they were in.) So some small but precise tune ups by a second pair of eyes might actually be something the Audi and Mercedes could use maybe.

EDIT: Never mind. As I like to tell my students I should read the information before looking further down the assignment. ;)

Yeah, the live racing was fun. The track is good for the cars. The Testarossa feels a bit cluncky maybe, at least starting out, but on this track I got the hang of it pretty quick.

KyLiE

Quote from: Overdrijf on November 27, 2022, 05:35:16 PMI see you made some changes to the Audi DTM. Can I ask what you did?

Since your work is always pretty much perfect, not much at all! :P Seriously, I changed "quattro" to "Quattro" so it was consistent with the original Stunts car.  I know the official spelling is "quattro", but even Audi themselves have been known to use "Quattro" when referring to the car.

Duplode

Quote from: KyLiE on November 15, 2022, 03:14:25 PMAs promised: MarkCeccato.com

That's a very nice car downloads page! As things currently stand, I feel like using it instead of Southern Cross as the default place to point out to people looking for such a thing.

Daniel3D

Sunday is the final day of this season.
We have some new player for the final stretch. WELCOME 😁.
For next year I'll try to keep the races starting every first Monday of the month.

But this race is not yet over.
Have fun.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

KyLiE

Quote from: Duplode on November 28, 2022, 03:49:31 AM
Quote from: KyLiE on November 15, 2022, 03:14:25 PMAs promised: MarkCeccato.com

That's a very nice car downloads page! As things currently stand, I feel like using it instead of Southern Cross as the default place to point out to people looking for such a thing.

Thanks! :) Please feel free to.  I will continue working through Ryoma's cars, so most of them will be included eventually.

Duplode

Finally got to try out a few of those Ferraris here. In particular, the 355 was a pleasant surprise -- too bad I've only given myself ten minutes to enjoy it!

KyLiE

Quote from: Duplode on December 05, 2022, 01:02:31 AMFinally got to try out a few of those Ferraris here.

Did you notice anything strange about the F512 M?

Duplode

Quote from: KyLiE on December 05, 2022, 06:18:34 AMDid you notice anything strange about the F512 M?

It has anti-powergear (love to learn that mid-loop :D), and the higher gears felt quite long. In any case, I found the handling pretty nice for that car class.

Argammon

Beginner question: What is "anti-powergear"?  :o

Daniel3D

Quote from: Argammon on December 05, 2022, 09:28:35 PMBeginner question: What is "anti-powergear"?  :o
Anti-Power Gear, or anti-PG for short, is a term proposed by Duplode to describe an effect which affect some Stunts cars. These cars, when subject to circumstances that would trigger powergear in PG cars, such as driving through ramps and loops, suffer deceleration instead of shooting to top speed as a PG car would.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Argammon

alanrotoi

Anti-PG: a pain in the lower part of the back. ;D

Daniel3D

Ok. The race has been finished for a week and I have not updated yet.
My apologies for the delay.

I can't do the scoreboard on my phone and I still don't have a good computer that I can easily get on.

(Plus at work half the team is I'll and I work a lot extra, so time is as always an issue)

I expect to get to it near this weekend..

Thank you all for playing.

The first Monday of January I hope to see you all for the first whole season of The Custom Cars Championship 🏆
Edison once said,
---------
---------