News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Teams for 2023

Started by dreadnaut, December 05, 2022, 11:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

I know, this season is not over yet, but it's a good time to thing about teams for 2023! (see 2022)

Would you like to join a team, or start a new one? This is the place to discuss and look for friends :)
It's also the right thread to confirm existing teams, or any changes.

afullo

We will still think about that, but if my comrades agree, I guess we are going to confirm Rolling Stunts with the present roster.

Just a possible score bug, of which I talked about in the shoutbox: it seems that this year the 12th place does not give points for the team standings.
In ZCT247, ZCT248, ZCT252 and ZCT256 the 12th placed is either the first or the second of his team, but he does not contribute to the result (he should contribute with one point).
Maybe the cutoff for which if < 1 point is awarded to a player (i.e. if a rac3r does not place itself in the first 12) no team score is awarded (in order to avoid practically useless decimals in that ranking) is implemented as ≤ 1 point, or something like that...

KyLiE

Quote from: afullo on December 07, 2022, 11:10:57 AMWe will still think about that, but if my comrades agree, I guess we are going to confirm Rolling Stunts with the present roster.

I agree, so roll on! :)

dreadnaut

Quote from: afullo on December 07, 2022, 11:10:57 AMMaybe the cutoff for which if < 1 point is awarded to a player (i.e. if a rac3r does not place itself in the first 12) no team score is awarded (in order to avoid practically useless decimals in that ranking) is implemented as ≤ 1 point, or something like that...

You are precisely right

$teamResults[$teamId][] = $points > 1 ? $points : 0;

That's now fixed, and the scoreboard updated. Could you double check the numbers?

afullo

Quote from: dreadnaut on December 08, 2022, 11:05:11 PM
Quote from: afullo on December 07, 2022, 11:10:57 AMMaybe the cutoff for which if < 1 point is awarded to a player (i.e. if a rac3r does not place itself in the first 12) no team score is awarded (in order to avoid practically useless decimals in that ranking) is implemented as ≤ 1 point, or something like that...

You are precisely right

$teamResults[$teamId][] = $points > 1 ? $points : 0;

That's now fixed, and the scoreboard updated. Could you double check the numbers?
It is nice to reverse engineer the code on the fly. Unfortunately I do not possess the same ability for the whole Stunts... ;D

Yes, the numbers are now correct, thanks.  ;)

Cas

To me, also, it's good to continue the same way, so I'd remain in the same team
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on December 09, 2022, 09:02:07 PMTo me, also, it's good to continue the same way, so I'd remain in the same team
Alright, it seems like everyone agrees, so rolling stunts is confirmed for next season 😜
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

dreadnaut

Thank you for confirming!

Any new teams rising to the challenge?

alanrotoi

Maybe new teams will wait to form in the beginning of the season.

I think DPS will maintain the roster for next year. Maybe we could "adopt" a newbie to fill the 4th spot but we should talk in private first ;)

Argammon

Hello,

I am considering making or joining a team.  :) However, I am a bit reluctant since that did not work ou too great in the past. Just thinking out loud, un random order:

- The team should have clear rules, i.e., do we share all replays or only up to the quiet days etc. Just to avoid misunderstandings and frustration. ;-)

- I do,unfortunately, not know how many races I will race. Judging from the past just a couple per season before I lose motivation. And my family situation surely does not make it easier.

- I am quite good at finding shortcuts and making crazy stunts. So I hope I could be a valuable asset for the less experienced drivers here.

To sum up, having me in a team is a mixed bag with advantages and disadvantages. Not sure I would hire myself to be honest. ;D
Anyone interested?

Cas

We're already four, but I should mention that your CV sounds good, ha, ha... You definitely should team up with other pipsqueaks!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Argammon

Quote from: Cas on December 17, 2022, 02:36:18 AMWe're already four, but I should mention that your CV sounds good, ha, ha... You definitely should team up with other pipsqueaks!

Thank! And yes, unfortunately your team is already full. So I will have to wait and see if anyone else is interested. 8)

dreadnaut

You might have to take a proactive approach, and contact people directly: Slowdrive is down to two members; Zapper, Heretic, Erik and Stan are often around but team-less; Shorty is also back on the track!

Overdrijf

Quote from: dreadnaut on December 19, 2022, 12:16:38 AM...Zapper, Heretic... ...Shorty...
Plus Argammon.

Proposed teamname: Zaptic Shortamon.
It's an electric type from gen 12.

afullo

Quote from: Overdrijf on December 19, 2022, 06:01:35 AM
Quote from: dreadnaut on December 19, 2022, 12:16:38 AM...Zapper, Heretic... ...Shorty...
Plus Argammon.

Proposed teamname: Zaptic Shortamon.
It's an electric type from gen 12.
He would lose grip on dirty for sure, because ground is super-effective on it... 😂

Unless, like Zapdos, it has flying as second type... 😏