News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Season 1 : The Saga begins.

Started by Daniel3D, January 01, 2023, 01:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

Happy new year, everybody!

Time to look to the future and make some plans.
Unfortunately, not everything is in my control and I want to start this season's competition right. So that will mean some delay.
(no pressure CAS, it's not that important)

I run this competition because I like to race under these rules.
(they will be tweaked a bit, a bit more simplified)
I would like others to join because that is more fun.

Things I would like to add/change for the next season.
  • A scoreboard with points that automatically hides double entries.
  • A history and seasonal scoreboard.
  • An option similar to R4K that you can specify an RH or NoRH race.
  • An additional choice of CR (crash recovery or light RH) intention matters
  • A separate option to specify if you drive owoot, normal or BE (bug exploiting)
  • More diverse carpacks.

Because this brings a lot of variables the point system needs adjusting.
The choice options is for a part to see what style is driven.
So a RH/BE (zakstunts style) is less impressive as the same time in NoRH/owoot (R4K style)
I favor CR/normal myself, as you can probably guess.

This season will start with Zakstunts scoring. I may add things similar to last year afterwards or just as statistics. I don't know.

What I do know is that I will start with a race with only PG capable cars.
Because I realized that I never drive them in competition, and I have the power to remedy that.

Stay tuned.
See you soon.

Daniel3D
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Cas

I'll see if I can get to some PHPing this year. I haven't touched R4K code a lot and yet I keep finding bugs from time to time, so for EasyTour, the code behind CCC, yep, it hasn't been the most stable thing. I will see if I can improve that this year.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

After a talk with CAS about my wishlist. Getting everything done before the beginning is not reasonable. So i am going to prepare for the first race and update along the way.

I aim for 10 races this season. Starting on Monday February 6th.

CCC001 - Battle for Power!
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Duplode

Good call -- the technical improvements can be added gradually later on. Waiting for February 6th  ;)

Quote from: Daniel3D on January 01, 2023, 01:10:53 PMBecause this brings a lot of variables the point system needs adjusting.
The choice options is for a part to see what style is driven.
So a RH/BE (zakstunts style) is less impressive as the same time in NoRH/owoot (R4K style)
I favor CR/normal myself, as you can probably guess.

Do you foresee having bonus points for restrictive modalities? That would be interesting to see. (By the way, I plan to NoRH with shortcuts most of the time, assuming that will remain an option.)

Daniel3D

Quote from: Duplode on January 03, 2023, 11:48:44 PM(By the way, I plan to NoRH with shortcuts most of the time, assuming that will remain an option.)
That would be NoRH/normal.
There are 9 different combinations to make.
But i am thinking about doing something with the difficulty's. But i am not sure how.

I mostly want to know what people like to drive first before I make a decision.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Argammon

I advertised your compeition on dosreloaded. Perhaps somebody will find her or his way here.  :)

Overdrijf

What is the difference between normal and BE? Particularly for NoRH. If you cut a cork, combining saved time with one or two speedups, is that BE? If there's a boulevard near the start so you decide you want to get the bump off that one in your run? Is powergear automatically BE, even if the run is strict OWOOT? Or only when the run is not strict OWOOT? Or is NoRH automatically normal and not BE because you can't make NoRH driving look like Ayrton did it anyway?

You'll probably answer this in the rules when they're published, so maybe never mind for now.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 14, 2023, 08:07:46 AMWhat is the difference between normal and BE? Particularly for NoRH. If you cut a cork, combining saved time with one or two speedups, is that BE? If there's a boulevard near the start so you decide you want to get the bump off that one in your run? Is powergear automatically BE, even if the run is strict OWOOT? Or only when the run is not strict OWOOT? Or is NoRH automatically normal and not BE because you can't make NoRH driving look like Ayrton did it anyway?

You'll probably answer this in the rules when they're published, so maybe never mind for now.

Freestyle Checkpoint Rules

Each tunnel along a chosen path is a checkpoint.
Go through each checkpoint along the way. Jumping
over the tunnel is not considered passing the
checkpoint. The finish line is also a checkpoint,
Finishing by passing outside the poles or over
the banner is not considered a legal finish.

Stunts and obstacles may be taken however you want,
but you may not drive through barriers like blocks,
guardrails and road surfaces. If you follow the road,
you should not get penalty time. Penalty time is
therefore also not allowed.

Replay handling is allowed but ZakStunts is more
challenging in that regard.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

The part about bug exploiting is only mentioned as optional flag in the future. Not as rule.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Argammon

Hello Daniel and thanks for the great work.  :)

However, I also do not fully understand the rules. Here are my questions and suggestions:

but you may not drive through barriers like blocks,
guardrails and road surfaces.

When you do a slide jump from a ramp, the back of the car is sometimes inside the guardrail. I suppose that is forbidden? A similar problem occurs when you drive on the side of a ramp to do a bridgejump, in which case parts of the car sometimes seem to be in the same space as the guardrail or other parts of the bridge. I say seem, because afaik what is displayed is not the true physical model of the car. Hope my comment makes sense!  :)

If you follow the road, you should not get penalty time. Penalty time is
therefore also not allowed.

But we are not supposed to follow the road, so why is that relevant? All we need to do is to drive through the checkpoints. I suggest simply writing that penalty time is not allowed period.

Totally unrelated, it would be cool if the times for each car would be displayed separately instead of in one huge list. If I drive the Corvette, I am interested in the other drivers' Corvette times. Currently, these are not easy to find. On particular, if using my phone.

Daniel3D

Your example is no problem. The level of barrier breaking is for instance drive slowly in the cork up down to pass through. (Was a shortcut in ZakStunts last year.
Drive through the concrete blocks and underneath the loop. Clipping through is fine, using the invisible path next to the cork is ok as well (leap off faith) because it is not that difficult.

In a broad sense you do follow the road, not on it but the general direction. Just stating there that if you get penalty time, you overdone it. Maybe I use more words than necessary. But I wanted to be clear, also to outsiders.

Seperate scoreboards are on the roadmap.
Duplode worked fast with what was available. Splitting the scoreboards needs some big changes.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Quote from: Daniel3D on March 14, 2023, 09:36:44 AMThe part about bug exploiting is only mentioned as optional flag in the future. Not as rule.
Also. After that post I completely revised the point system. Ideas change.
But I would like to give the option to specify the driving style in the future.
Edison once said,
---------
---------