News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

World STUNTS meeting 2023

Started by Daniel3D, November 19, 2022, 02:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

I think Akoss did not decide yet. I sure hope he will be coming!  ;D

Cas

At least, I was able to meet Daniel3D and Overdrijf :)  But I don't think my next trip to Europe will be soon. I'm poor now  ;D
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

So the good news is that a while back a sixth person answered the poll. The bad news is that we no longer have a date where everyone is available. The other bad news is we haven't posted in a while and the initiative seems to be leaking away a little. So, do we keep the dream alive?

Daniel3D

I'm still ready for it. It's always busy around New Year. So thanks for igniting the topic again.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Argammon

Maybe the best approach is to pick a date and then ask people to commit. If less than X are interested, we skip it for this year.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Argammon on January 18, 2023, 12:44:41 PMMaybe the best approach is to pick a date and then ask people to commit. If less than X are interested, we skip it for this year.
I agree. May 27th still seems to be the best choice.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

I don't think I can make it to Europe again this year... and in the first half... but if I have the chance, I'll let you know  8)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

O yeah, replying, that's a good idea. I'm still up for it. May 27th would work for me. (Even if I do risk having stuff 3 weekends in a row that way, I can make that work.) Maybe make an app group for those interested, for easier talking?

Argammon

So, I guess the meeting is off? This is a pity as I was looking forward to some in-person live racing!

An alternative to skipping it entirely would be running a scaled down version on a random weekend, where pipsqueaks arrive on Friday evening and leave on Sunday morning. Of course, this version may not be too attractive for those of us with significant travel costs. On the plus side a meeting is probably easier to arrange if we aren't too ambitious. Thoughts?  :)

Daniel3D

Scaling down won't make it worthwhile.
Scaling up and postpone until next year is better I think.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

dreadnaut

I'd say organise what can happen, with those who can be around. If we wait until it's perfect, it'll be for Stunts 50th anniversary.

Daniel3D

Alright, we can do that too. We can scale based on attendance.
So i guess you'll be there may 27th?  8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

dreadnaut

I have another failed trip to fix at the moment. If I can fix it, then it's possible 👍

(If I can't fix it and I have to rebook flights, my travel budget is gone...)