News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

dosreloaded.de Jahrescontest 2023 (competition!)

Started by alanrotoi, February 03, 2023, 08:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Hi! February track is out! Based on the times uploaded looks like a long track. Mooh, the star of that competition, showed a gif going under the loop wich is ok and possible with a fast car like DTM BMW even without RH.

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 03, 2023, 08:03:51 PMMooh, the star of that competition, showed a gif going under the loop wich is ok and possible with a fast car like DTM BMW even without RH.

I think Mooh was being sarcastic there. The (Google-translated) rules say "no shortcuts to obstacles (e.g. looping and corkscrew driving through in any case)" (original: "keine Hindernisse abkürzen (z.B. Looping und Korkenzieher in jedem Fall durch fahren)").

Anyway, I'm going to post an initial lap there in the evening  ;)   

alanrotoi

I don't know. The top time always is kinda suspicious for noRH and since the rules of the competition are ambiguous it is possible to incur in cheating. I mean you only have to upload a screenshot of your time in the score so impossible to check if you were RH or used shortcuts.

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on February 03, 2023, 08:41:26 PMAre you going to overdo it? ;D

Maybe -- I'd like to find out how strong those Mooh times really are. Also, Cpl. Rex Barkin and struuunz at least are pretty strong pipsqueaks who could hold their own in, say, R4K.

Argammon

They are saying their competition is based on trust. It is supposed to be like when a group of friends compete. I get that.

What I do not understand is the rule saying a high score files must be posted as a "proof". These can easily be edited 8) and do not prove anything.

To be consistent, it should be sufficient to just post your time without screenshot.

alanrotoi

noRH, no paint pure live driving. See ya in ZCT259. :-*  :-*

Duplode

Cas

I suppose they have no problem with contact OWOOT, ha, ha. I mean, we're a lot more strict with verification and we allow it
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Duplode on February 06, 2023, 11:33:48 PMTrack limits  :D

You cannot view this attachment.
Can you do that with a flooded track???
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

I think not. Anyway the car sinks before it's OWOOT.

Daniel3D

So, the track is actually narrower than the visual
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

The OWOOT rule allows you to go over the grass even if the grass slows you down. GAR rules are a bit more permisive as far as I remember it's "one pixel on/over the road". Both cases the car could be slowed by the grass.

Duplode

Quote from: Daniel3D on February 07, 2023, 08:09:46 AMCan you do that with a flooded track???

Almost certainly not (though it depends on the exact position of the physical wheels). On the other hand, even a few more centimeters to the left should be enough for not sinking, by ensuring two wheels are inside the track.

Overdrijf

As has pretty much been said already: A flooded track is a bit stricter than having one pixel over the track, also because the physical model on most cars is only as long as the wheelbase, not the visual car. On the other hand a flooded track does prevent grass slowdown. Driving on the outside of a slalom for instance is a typical flooded line. No slowdown.

I enjoy flooded tracks for OWOOT particularly because it is a bit stricter, which means you just never have to check your replay. If you didn't sink, it was valid.