News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

New features 2023

Started by alanrotoi, January 29, 2023, 11:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Charts? I like charts! - https://zak.stunts.hu/index.php?page=quarterly-stats

Not sure if they are all interesting though.

alanrotoi

I love charts! Congratulations, they look awesome!

What a great year was 2021 from almost every aspect!

Cas

This really looks very neat!  It tells a lot about the dynamics in the community :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Friker

New feature proposal - mark invalid replays as invalid and do not delete them. :)
New feature proposal - have a list of your own replays (maybe only for current race is enough) and have an ability to mark them as invalid (in case of uploading incomplete replay).
Wishful thinking - Q symbol in a yellow circle looks like Qualified mark in sports competition (track and field). Make it.. less evocative of that. Although I do not have any specific proposal what is less evocative.

Cas

A nurse with a finger on her mouth?  ;D
Maybe a crossed out speaker

Daniel3D

I thought it was a magnifying glass 🔍 at first.
Like under investigation  ;D
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Overdrijf

Quote from: Cas on April 11, 2023, 08:23:10 PMA nurse with a finger on her mouth?  ;D

That, or a "sneaky" spy in a trench coat.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Friker on April 11, 2023, 01:37:02 PMNew feature proposal - mark invalid replays as invalid and do not delete them. :)
Excluding replays for calculations is on the list of things to do. Unfortunately it requires a number of other changes to be possible, so it might take a while.

Quote from: Friker on April 11, 2023, 01:37:02 PMNew feature proposal - have a list of your own replays (maybe only for current race is enough) and have an ability to mark them as invalid (in case of uploading incomplete replay).
I thought about variations on a "Delete" button for your own replays, on the All Results list, but I am worried it would open the door to "I'm going to upload some rubbish for a laugh, then I can delete it". Current workaround: you can ask for a replay to be deleted.

Quote from: Friker on April 11, 2023, 01:37:02 PMWishful thinking - Q symbol in a yellow circle looks like Qualified mark in sports competition (track and field). Make it.. less evocative of that. Although I do not have any specific proposal what is less evocative.
If you hover markers you will see a tooltip that explains what they mean. I think any icon would be too small at that size, and anyway not more informative than a 'Q'.

Cas

I remember that R4K originally did not have the ability to store superseded replays. They had to be deleted. When I finally wanted to add the feature, it took me some time to because lots of things were working around the way things were at that time and I had to rewrite a significant part of the scoreboard calculation. Also, the scoreboard file for the running race already had the previous format so I had to manually edit it to accommodate the changes and I had to change the format in a way that was compatible with all previous races, to avoid having to edit all of them. So I very well understand it takes time. It can also be a source of bugs if you doesn't take that time.

Friker

I was thinking in general about how deleting a replay (manually) would mess with Leading Time Bonus. I guess there is already some recomputing of leading time, isn't it?

dreadnaut

All numbers are re-calculated automatically during the race, and can be refreshed manually after it closes. Removing a replay would immediately affect both the scoreboard and the LTB calculations.

Friker

Maybe bug - Countdown needle on the frontpage:
Maybe change <svg viewBox="-100 -80 200 130"> to <svg viewBox="-100 -80 200 132"> so that "May" at the bottom does not look like "Mav"?

dreadnaut

Quote from: Friker on May 02, 2023, 09:22:12 AMMaybe bug - Countdown needle on the frontpage:
Maybe change <svg viewBox="-100 -80 200 130"> to <svg viewBox="-100 -80 200 132"> so that "May" at the bottom does not look like "Mav"?
Fixed, thank you 👍

Friker

Thank you for your quick fix. :)
This one is a bit more annoying. Car coefficients in track page have fixed max-width. When track's author bonus/penalty is added and the bonus bar is overfloating then the bar is misaligned (as in this month's track).
See attachment.

Cas

Interesting. Could the width of the bars be made proportional to the highest absolute bonus at the time to solve this?