News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Trying to create a bicycle

Started by GTAManRCR, March 15, 2023, 06:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTAManRCR

The bicycle I'm trying to create is a Csepel bicycle but I have no idea how to finish it
This is a Csepel bicycle and is very slow
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

GTAManRCR

This is how the bicycle would look like

Overdrijf

A thing to already start thinking about: the minimum height for the non--transparent part of the dashboard is something like 47 pixels. Below that gameplay footage is not rendered and if it isn't covered the game will start loading random junk, like the curtains from the car selection showroom.

GTAManRCR

Overdrijf

I hadn't even seen the files yet :-[ Something something reading on my phone.

Your images are more than high enough, even in the first version. But if you try to play with these in game what you'll see is probably a big black block in the bottom of your screen with the handlebar drawn on that black block. What I'm assuming you would actually ideally like is to have the handlebar visible, but all the stuff around it transparent. The good new is: you can do that, with the dast and dasm images you can create a transparent part of your dashboard. The bad news: there has to be a non-transparent block that's at least 47, 48 or 49 pixels high, I'm not quite sure which one it was anymore, but it's relatively easy to test.

How this non-transparent/transparent divide works can be seen in the Indy, or (fittingly) Ryoma's motorcycle, or in the Superkart, which is where I learned about the minimum height. So ideally, to make it look good, you'd want something to block the bottom part of the view. Maybe a cargo crate or something???

Your second challenge is to make the handlebar look like there's some proper perspective going on. This is superhard. I've just did a little bit of perspective work for the car I'm working on, it took me way too much time. One thing you can do is take reference pictures for how a bicycle handlebar looks when turned from the point of view of the rider. You won't be able to just cut the view out and paste that into the game, but at least you have something to try to mimic or trace or adapt.

What will work is using the whole handlebar as whl1,2,3 images, showing the whole thing moving.

As a Dutch person, I think it's awesome that you're doing a bicycle! It's a very unique project, and I hope you find a good way to make it all work in a way that you're happy with it!

GTAManRCR

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 16, 2023, 05:25:48 PMAs a Dutch person, I think it's awesome that you're doing a bicycle! It's a very unique project, and I hope you find a good way to make it all work in a way that you're happy with it!

Thank you for thinking this. I'll try to make this bicycle, but I can't guarantee that I'll finish it because my lack of knowledge. I'll tinker around the dashboard

GTAManRCR

Overdrijf

I just realized, all of the steering parts have to fall inside the non-transparent parts as well. At least, ins1 and ins3 are anchored to ins2, so I assume they also can't be bigger than it.

...This is a tricky build.

GTAManRCR

Can I remove the dot?
Bicycles don't have steering wheels

Overdrijf

If you remove the image dot completely the game might crash (one way to find out) but you can make dot a one pixel image and then make that one pixel completely invisible by using dotm.

All the images ending in m are masks, dasm for dast, inm1 and 3 for ins1 and 3 and dotm for dot. They tell the game which parts should be visible and which shouldn't. If your dot image is all black and your dotm image of the same size is all transparent you won't have a dot. (This explanation brought to you by the association of people who don't know how much you already know.)

Edit: alternatively: you can have the dot just move from left to right in a straight line or any other pattern you like, it doesn't have to move in a circle. That's done by setting the dot coordinates using Carworks (should be the fastest option but I don't know how to do it, ask Daniel 3D) or Car Blaster.

Daniel3D

Quote from: GTAMan18 on March 17, 2023, 05:53:09 AMCan I remove the dot?
Bicycles don't have steering wheels
you could make the dot move in a line to simulate the centre of gravity.
It's easy with carworks because you can create a flat arc (thus s line)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

GTAManRCR

This INS2 gets ruined by Stressed

Overdrijf

What does Stressed do? Make it all spotty and dithered?

GTAManRCR

GTAManRCR

However, I updated the bicycle to only have one gear