News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Trying to create a bicycle

Started by GTAManRCR, March 15, 2023, 06:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

Quote from: GTAMan18 on March 17, 2023, 05:00:17 PMYes, basically

Okay, that one because of the palette. Stunts can only make use of 255 colors, a specific set of 255 colors. This set:

Apparently I can't show an image from the Stunts wiki here. Here it is as a link. And here's the page it's on.
(Okay, there are less than 255 colors, because there are duplicates.)

Stressed converts your images into the format Stunts uses. There is no way to get around this limitation.

There are two good ways to make sure the game doesn't make any unwanted changes to your colors:
1 Use only these colors.
2 Manually convert your images to "modus: indexed" using a palette with only these colors, and correct anything you don't like in the indexed file before saving it as a gif. These gifs can be imported into Stressed without problems.

A mix of these two is usually the best. You don't want to lose the ability to do things like color gradients and scaled images completely by only pixelarting with the right colors. Just do all that stuff before converting it.

I attached the palette file I made to use for this. I had great trouble finding this file since forever, I even remade it the last time I moved to a new computer, but it turns out GIMP saves its user made palettes in a different place than the ones installed with the program. I wish I could give you detailed instructions on where to put it, but even if you also use the GIMP you're probably about a dozen versions ahead of me, I'm stuck on 2.2 because I'm too lazy to learn where the new versions put everything. You can also make a file like this yourself through the palette editor, just enter every single color that's in the image above. It's a bit tedious, but it saves you so much trouble in finding out in Stressed that your colors didn't quite match.

GTAManRCR

Another update, now the steering wheel is a straight line
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

GTAManRCR

I think the transparent parts need to be black

GTAManRCR

I created a proper dast and dasm but the dashboard is still not transparent
However I fixed the turning issue on it, so if you corner either left or right the middle part of the dashboard will be in a fixed position

Overdrijf

Quote from: GTAMan18 on March 18, 2023, 09:56:31 AMI created a proper dast and dasm but the dashboard is still not transparent

Your dash and your dast are in the same position, and your dash is not transparent. dasm applies to dast, but not to dash.

This also gives you a good opportunity to see the issue I was talking about earlier. Put the Y position for dash at 199, leave the position for dast and dasm as it is. You will be able to see the transparancy, but you will also be able to see, well, the issue with too much transparancy...

GTAManRCR

I tried this method earlier, but then whl1 and whl3 won't show up

Daniel3D

About transparency.
The lower part gives trouble with that
But I think that I have a typical Dutch solution.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Overdrijf

Quote from: GTAMan18 on March 18, 2023, 11:39:32 AMI tried this method earlier, but then whl1 and whl3 won't show up

That's yet another issue, yes, whl1 and 3 need to be on dash, not dast. The meters and the dot (you know, the one you're not using) too.

Dast seems to have been added as an afterthought. As a result it's drawn last and on top of everything else.

So yeah, a fully functional bycicle is a pretty big challenge.

GTAManRCR

GTAManRCR

It'd be great if whl1-3 could be masked the way dast can be

GTAManRCR

I decided to make whl1-3 segments a black line as they can't be masked and they're hidden in the bottom part of the dashboard, which is a box
And repaired the steering wheel
I don't want tachometer so I moved it out of the instrument. This way the tachometer doesn't show up

GTAManRCR

Now I clarify this version a beta, as I don't have the bicycle model yet

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 17, 2023, 09:12:33 PMI attached the palette file I made to use for this. I had great trouble finding this file since forever, I even remade it the last time I moved to a new computer, but it turns out GIMP saves its user made palettes in a different place than the ones installed with the program. I wish I could give you detailed instructions on where to put it,
its easier than you think in the current version.
Load a stunts image that is exported with stressed. (i used a menu screen).
The "Palettes" dialog is a dockable dialog; see the section Section 2.3, "Dialogs and Docking" for help on manipulating it.
You can access it:
  • from the image menu: Windows → Dockable Dialogs → Palettes;
  • from the Tab menu in any dockable dialog by clicking on  and selecting Add Tab → Palettes.
  • Then in the top right corner, the little button "edit this tab" → Pallet menu → import pallet.
  • There you can import the above attached file. or take pallet from image.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)