News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

STUNTS - NoRH - Race | starts april 14th - Ends May 7th

Started by Daniel3D, April 09, 2023, 11:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

I'm in favour of the current state as well. Because I feel like secrecy and tactics doesn't favour a small competition.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Quote from: Daniel3D on April 23, 2023, 07:55:46 AMI feel like secrecy and tactics doesn't favour a small competition.

But you aren't considering about the tactic of watching and copying others replays. How to prevent it then?

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 24, 2023, 12:54:14 AM
Quote from: Daniel3D on April 23, 2023, 07:55:46 AMI feel like secrecy and tactics doesn't favour a small competition.

But you aren't considering about the tactic of watching and copying others replays. How to prevent it then?
How to prevent what? I don't follow.

maybe i wasn't clear.

I feel like secrecy, "evasive tactics" and "hiding tactics" do not favour a small competition.
I view learning of each other's replay as something positive and equalizing.
It's a racing game, not a game of hide and seek the best line or strategy.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Argammon

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 24, 2023, 12:54:14 AM

I don't think this is an issue because we are talking about a casual NoRH race. Copying a replay is a much bigger issue when replay handling is allowed.

I also agree with Daniel3D that it is not wise to allow replay hiding in a small competition, with the possible exception of the last day so that we Europeans can go to bed early. If everyone hides their replays, the competition seems inactive and becomes unattractive to new pipsqueaks.

alanrotoi

I wrote this but it needs a deeper explanation:

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 24, 2023, 07:04:05 PMThe fun part, all what a race in this game means is not copying others replays but finding your own path, making your own tricks, it's not just driving.

Ok this is the truth but from certain point of view, a non-amateur point of view. It's annoying to share knowledge or tricks to other non-amateur opponent while he can find by himself saving him time and effort. It kills part of what a competition means.

In the other hand, watching and copying replays is part of the game. We all learned to race this way and that's why teams are so necessary.

Quote from: Daniel3DI view learning of each other's replay as something positive and equalizing.

I agree and I support it. Maybe we should find when is the best moment for that. Also this is good for amateur pipsqueaks (as wide as the concept is, not a zakstunts amateur competition pipsqueak) to learn what's going on the track. For the moment in this race noone is an amateur pipsqueak or new pipsqueak, maybe we are failing in the way we attract new people here in the community.

Quote from: Daniel3DIt's a racing game, not a game of hide and seek the best line or strategy.

I think it's both and even more. It's a racing game, it's a game of finding the best line, the tricks and shortcuts and also a game of strategies, solo or team strategies. All of these aspects are quiet fun.

Maybe we should catalog some aspects of the competitions. I commented it before, when I managed 4dsL the main objective was to attract new people to the community ( https://wiki.stunts.hu/wiki/4D_Stunts_League#History_.28by_Alan_Rotoi.29 )

I realized that the pro times were going to demoralize new pipsqueaks so I found the way to keep them separated and at the end of the race top 3 replays from both leagues were shared. That's the way I found and also I found not so happy comments from the pro pipsqueaks of the community. Something similar I'm doing now. There are differences of course, the lack of new pipsqueaks that gives meaning to all these manager strategies and equalizations. If this project is another step to attract new pipsqueaks I want to support it at 100%.

Probably we should take in mind about another category of competition, like Stunts Academy or Stunts University or another name that fits with a "searching new people competition".

Daniel3D

You raise several different viewpoints. At the moment I can't process all aspects of it.
One thing I try to do is make it accessible to new players. ZakStunts is a pro championship with secret team meetings hidden replays and trickery.
NoRH and CCC I try to keep transparent.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Duplode

I've just had a session and improved my time a bit, but only to 1:13.40, so I think I'll make a few more attempts before calling it a day. There are a couple passages in my line I'm not 100% satisfied with yet, so I have the rest of the week to figure it out...  ;)

Duplode

To remove pressure about the timing of posting laps on the last day, tomorrow will be a quiet day: starting from midnight, uploaded replays won't be displayed on the scoreboard until Daniel reviews them after the deadline. It's the final day, fasten your seatbelts!  ;)

Daniel3D

Because of the success there will be another race in about 2 weeks.
There is a new space on the forum alongside the Custom Cars Competition.
Edison once said,
---------
---------