News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Car Difficulty

Started by alanrotoi, May 22, 2023, 12:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

Thank you all for the interesting discussion!  :) I was just wondering, what is the purpose of defining a car's difficulty (from one to five stars for example)? Is it to inform newcomers about which cars are challenging to drive? If not, what is it?

For me, a car's difficulty does not matter too much. To give you an example, I think the IMSA cars are comparatively easy to drive. However, because that is true for everyone, I may still struggle with them in competition. In contrast, the GTO is difficult to drive, but I feel I am struggling less with it than many other drivers. Consequently, I feel I have good chances in a GTO race anyhow. 

Daniel3D

QuoteIs it to inform newcomers about which cars are challenging to drive? If not, what is it?
I a way, yes.
Difficulty is subjective. But in general the experience is similar for newbie drivers.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Quote from: Daniel3D on May 25, 2023, 12:57:49 PM
QuoteIs it to inform newcomers about which cars are challenging to drive? If not, what is it?
I a way, yes.
Difficulty is subjective. But in general the experience is similar for newbie drivers.

That's right. An easy pattern to follow like a number and/or a color is for new drivers and also for a quick knowledge of what car you are facing. Then a more detailed list would be cool too for those who also like this way.