News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Teams for 2024

Started by dreadnaut, January 08, 2024, 07:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Would you like to join a team, move team, or start a new one? This is the place to discuss and look for friends :)
It's also the right thread to confirm existing teams, or any other changes. (see also 2023)

Admin change: this year I will not confirm members who have not raced for years until they reappear on the scoreboard. Change is the only constant 😈

dreadnaut

Pipsqueak limit remains at four, rules unchanged I think.

CTG

I would like to found a new team with Bolo, Dottore, and Böllér Jani. Me Racing.

(Kidding.)

My life changed a lot in the last 2-3 years - not in a positive way, I have to say. Physical, emotional and mental collapse, health issues, serious alcohol abuse, more and more brainless rampage on Messenger, losing several friends and important contacts...

Stunts is not fun anymore. Sometimes I feel disgusted when looking back on my history here. It's just an online character, not me - that was my excuse. Really not me? Actually, that was me, to the core. When things went fine, or at least not tragically wrong, I could separate the sad troll from my real life character. Now it seems the first one is a lot more real...

dreadnaut

We're here, if you ever want to check if fun has come back. Or just to hang out in the forum. Closest thing to a tribe, the Stunts folks. We've seen a few sides of CTG over the years, but the door's still open.

alanrotoi

I'll be honest, I stallin hated some things you have done but if we keep it in the past we can carry on. You are a key figure of this community and I don't see any reason, besides your own choice, to stay away from here. I would like to see you back in the tracks.

CTG

Thank you.
Now back to the topic, sorry for the off message. I'll tell the story elsewhere.

Argammon

Quote from: CTG on January 08, 2024, 10:30:37 PMI would like to found a new team with Bolo, Dottore, and Böllér Jani. Me Racing.

(Kidding.)

My life changed a lot in the last 2-3 years - not in a positive way, I have to say. Physical, emotional and mental collapse, health issues, serious alcohol abuse, more and more brainless rampage on Messenger, losing several friends and important contacts...

Stunts is not fun anymore. Sometimes I feel disgusted when looking back on my history here. It's just an online character, not me - that was my excuse. Really not me? Actually, that was me, to the core. When things went fine, or at least not tragically wrong, I could separate the sad troll from my real life character. Now it seems the first one is a lot more real...

Due to our past, I am probably the last person you would like to reply to this, but I will risk it. First of all, Stunts is -not- important. Fix your real-life problems first and once you did that the game (and the community) may or may not become fun again. We all know you are really clever, so you surely have the resources to do so. I wish I could help but know I can't and hence can just wish you all the best.

For the record, I am also not happy with my previous "visit" here. But realizing that is a good foundation for further steps forward. So, I am hoping you will successfully build on it.

Good luck!

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on January 08, 2024, 11:04:05 PMNow back to the topic, sorry for the off message.

Well, dreadnaut did say this is the place "look for friends"  :)

(When we're down it's easy to take something or another and project it everywhere, like in a house of mirrors, as if it were a measure of all things. That reduction never holds, though. In particular, you have this place, and we'll be around.)

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 08, 2024, 08:17:47 PMPipsqueak limit remains at four, rules unchanged I think.

I think folks are trying to gauge what their options for recruitment will be like. Slowdrive has one place available, Doubleplusspeed has a full roster, in principle so does Cork's Crew, and Rolling Stunts spent the year without enough seats.

I'm not at all sure if you've ever meant one thing to have to do with the other, but the confirmation upon reappearance change you've mentioned makes me think whether there's a sensible way to make non-scoring seats an official thing. (A potentially silly implementation: teams can have any number of registered pipsqueaks, but only the first four to race in a season can bring points to the team. If the fourth and fifth pipsqueak join on the same race, the team gets to choose who'll have the final scoring seat.)

Daniel3D

Quote from: Duplode on January 09, 2024, 03:56:42 AM
Quote from: dreadnaut on January 08, 2024, 08:17:47 PMPipsqueak limit remains at four, rules unchanged I think.

(A potentially silly implementation: teams can have any number of registered pipsqueaks, but only the first four to race in a season can bring points to the team. If the fourth and fifth pipsqueak join on the same race, the team gets to choose who'll have the final scoring seat.)

Variable scoring members might create an unfair advantage. I already was an advantage in the sence of being an extra mind to find shortcuts and discuss tactics.

I think that scoring members need to be determined before the season starts or at least before the end or the first race.
And if an switch is allowed, also to be determined at that time.
(Maybe halfway the season or two take turns (every other race) so the choice is not based on the current situation)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

dreadnaut

Quote from: Duplode on January 09, 2024, 03:56:42 AMI'm not at all sure if you've ever meant one thing to have to do with the other, but the confirmation upon reappearance change you've mentioned makes me think whether there's a sensible way to make non-scoring seats an official thing.

Quote from: Daniel3D on January 09, 2024, 11:05:59 AMI already was an advantage in the sence of being an extra mind to find shortcuts and discuss tactics.

My understanding is that teams exist before and outside ZakStunts. Only four people can sign up to collect points for the competition, but there could be twenty looking for shortcuts or just hanging around. Showing these on or near the scoreboard in any way would be confusing. Letting them contribute to scoring "on demand" would be unfair.

I understand that appearing on a team can be a "pull" to return to racing, but it won't be the deciding factor. Cork's Crew has been a two-strong team for several seasons now, and my suggestion would be to enshrine the old members, and look for new ones — there are so many inspired pipsqueaks around today!

And people don't have to feel wedded to their team for life. Do what's interesting and fun, your friends will still be friends, and will still be around.

Shoegazing Leo

Well, @Mark Nailwood agreed to join Slowdrive. We need to concede him access to team forum. Welcome, legend!

dreadnaut

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on January 15, 2024, 07:27:25 PMWell, @Mark Nailwood agreed to join Slowdrive. We need to concede him access to team forum. Welcome, legend!

Great acquisition!

@Mark Nailwood is now part of the Slowdrive forum group, let me know if anything looks odd.

Duplode

Great news; what a signing indeed!