News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Wiki Catalogue Of Composite Track Elements

Started by mrdries, March 21, 2024, 04:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdries

That's the last one, I think. Like a rally. I drove it with a cyan jeep. But Stunts likes to make me crash by throwing my car into the air. Didn't make it.

You cannot view this attachment.

Cas

:o That looks like a lot of fun. I'll try it later today  8)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

mrdries

Quote from: Cas on August 29, 2024, 01:08:26 PM:o That looks like a lot of fun. I'll try it later today  8)

That'd be cool! It looks like one of those impossible Mario levels you sometimes see on YouTube.
I think the idea is fine though. But I may have overdone it a little and Stunts acts like crazy.

But legend has it that someone will make it through.

dreadnaut

Cyan jeep challenge accepted, and completed just under 2 minutes. Took a lot of trial and errors ;D

Cas

Great!  I actually tried and gave up after several attempts. I should've sat to study the terrain and design a path.

mrdries

Still had to add this. I had some fun using multi-lane tracks.
The idea is that you should not be able to skip two track elements of the main track, so you should never be able to receive penalty time, while driving on a 3-lane or 4-lane track like this.

If it was done well, it may be hard to tell which would be the fastest way to drive it.
Mine are pretty crazy though.

Have fun.  :)

mrdries

Quote from: Cas on August 31, 2024, 05:00:23 PMGreat!  I actually tried and gave up after several attempts. I should've sat to study the terrain and design a path.

Oh well, I gave up when I drove into the little puddle of water that I had put there myself. :)

Erik Barros

Quote from: mrdries on August 28, 2024, 06:04:55 PMThat's the last one, I think. Like a rally. I drove it with a cyan jeep. But Stunts likes to make me crash by throwing my car into the air. Didn't make it.

I took a ride in the gray jeep

mrdries

Quote from: Erik Barros on September 04, 2024, 06:59:11 PM
Quote from: mrdries on August 28, 2024, 06:04:55 PMThat's the last one, I think. Like a rally. I drove it with a cyan jeep. But Stunts likes to make me crash by throwing my car into the air. Didn't make it.

I took a ride in the gray jeep

Yeah, you both made it to the top of the hill. I never got there. Went to the side.

Thanks for driving!

mrdries

Yeah, this works too. You can drive flat along the canyon.

mrdries

You can do basically anything if the track elements aren't part of the actual track.

Stunts doesn't check whether it's supposed to be allowed.
And 1x1 tiles behave better on slopes. You're less likely to crash.

Though I'm not sure whether Stunts actually puts the tunnel on each of the tiles. It may just erase the track element in some cases.

Cas

The current month's race at R4K has a small illusion element. You may want to take a look :)

mrdries

Quote from: Cas on September 07, 2024, 06:14:59 PMThe current month's race at R4K has a small illusion element. You may want to take a look :)

Yeah, pretty nice effect! It's a trap!  :)

Love the track.