News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Point system 2004

Started by Stunts Oracle, January 23, 2004, 10:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which point system do you like for Zakstunts 2004?

Classic: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
6 (50%)
2003 style: 175-170-165-160 and so on...
1 (8.3%)
New "elitist" system: 15-11-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
3 (25%)
IRC 2003 system: 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
2 (16.7%)
Mega elitist ISA sys: 10-6-4-3-2-1
0 (0%)
Other (please explain which)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 23, 2004, 10:51:58 PM

Stunts Oracle

Well it is simple. IMO this point system it's too radical and I guess some of you are not very happy with it.

This kind of system (15-11-8-6-5-4-3-2-1) makes easier the job of the top drivers and there are only nine pipsqueaks with points. I personally like the point systems which gives points to the 70% or 80% of the pipsqueaks, for example 16/20.. more than the half because to reach points for a newbie or a not advanced pipsqueak is very important. If you make it so hard they will leave and it is probably one of the problems of the community: the motivation.

I know it was chosen by most of us but I call you to re-think it and vote again.
Please vote in this poll and let's see if we can make a more fair system for the most of us. I know Zak is with me in this. ;)
Humans will bow down!! and I will rule this world!!!
Visit me: http://listen.to/stuntsoracle

Arg

I think you are a bit late but nonetheless:

I think the 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 system is very unfair for pipsqueaks who miss the first few month because they can't catch up even IF you don't count the 2 worst results.

*It also applies to pipsqueaks who can't race on all tracks for one reason or another *

Example

pipsqueak A: 8,8,8,8,8,2  1,8,8,8,8,8,8   (2 worst deleted : 88 points)
pipsqueak B: -,-,9,9,9,9,1 ,2,9,9,9,9,9,   (2 worst deleted :84 points)

pipsqueak B missed 2 races (vacations or he/she joined to late) and is cleary better than A but even if the 2 worst is deleted rule is in efect he/she has no chance to win.I think I tried to explain this over and over again and to prevent that problem you need some bigger differences at the top like in the current system.

Another reason is that I don't want to see someone at 2nd place 'win' the month against the 1st placed player only because he got the leading time points. 9+2 vs 10...      I sitll think a monthly win gives a lot of prectige and it would be a bit hilarious if someone who is not the winner gets more points.

Don't get me wrong: those are fine points to give some bonus points or even decide ranks on the lower places,but they should not decide the month winner IMO.

Enough reasons why 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 is definatly one of the worst systems you can think off.

Anonymous

BTW I have to add that I was wrong in 1 point:

Of course the NASCAR 175 ........... point system is the most craptistic I have yet to see on planet earth :) If you miss 1 race there you are completly lost  :)

Stunts Oracle

You are worng in another point

15-11-8 is more unfair for pipsqueaks who miss the first few month. It is not for top pipsqueaks, but the most of pipsqueaks aren't top. We must think a point system for the middle class and don't be so elitist.

This about A got 11-11-11-11-11 and B joins the competition in 6th race and achieve 6-6-6-6 (only two places behind!!) he never will have a chance! It is very unfair.

Anonymous

BTW here is some information about 'Poll theory'

Imagine we have 6 voters A,B,C,D,E,F

And 1,2,3 Options:

1)Nascar
2)Current system
3)ISA system

If we just make a poll we might get:

Nascar: 3 votes,current system 2 votes ISA 1 vote...

So Nascar is the best system in that case?

Let's think it over in a different way:

Imagine all 6 persons could divide 100 points at all options,high points being good and low points being craptistic ;)

Nascar        Current           ISA
A                          60               30                10
B                          50               30                40
C                          80               10                10
D                           0                70                30
E                            0               60                 40
F                            0                10                90

190             210                220

So in this case if you add all 'feelings' of the voters together NASCAR would be the worst system and ISA would be the best! (which was last in the poll) with the current system being 2nd in both cases!

Stunts Oracle

Argammon this is a poll, the most voted system will be the most wanted for the voters. Do I have to explain what a poll is?

Anonymous

'You are worng in another point

15-11-8 is more unfair for pipsqueaks who miss the first few month. It is not for top pipsqueaks, but the most of pipsqueaks aren't top. We must think a point system for the middle class and don't be so elitist.

This about A got 11-11-11-11-11 and B joins the competition in 6th race and achieve 6-6-6-6 (only two places behind!!) he never will have a chance! It is very unfair.'

If someone is ALWAYS 2 places behind he does probably not deserve to get a top place,and if someone joins in 6th race he will probably not win nowmatter what.

I can't see how 15-11-8 is bad for pipsqueaks who aren't top pipsqueaks! Those can't reach the topracers regardless which point system you use as you said they are not elitist!
So if they are behind by 20 or 40 points at the end of the year,does it matter?

The only reason I see is if a pipsqueak who got the quality to be the top should have the chance to keep up if he joins to late/misses few pipsqueaks -> and in this case he can if he gets some multiple 15's !

I really can't see a chance/option how a pipsqueak who is constantly behind should have a better chance to win? please enlighten me if you do.

Stunts Oracle

Just vote in the name of God, Virgin Mary and all the angels!!  :lol:

Anonymous

I think that's really blasphemy :/

Argammon

Well not to get me wrong:

I am of a different opinion than AR but I respect his.... like Always ;)

I hope it's appreciated if I give reasons why I think X is better than Y without thinking of it as an attack .........

Stunts Oracle

Stop changing the topic please. You said what you think (in a lot of messages but you did it). Let the others expose what they think. :)

Mingva

To me system used in "Champ Car" is the best:
20-16-14-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1, where 12 drivers get points.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I voted for 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.

Current point system is very unfair because the value of 3rd-6th places are very small compared to their real value.

Don't miss races if you want to win the championship, if the overall result counts for you, that's all.

The original points system is the best.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

JTK

Being a fan of the classic point system I had to vote for it. Although I know it's not the best. But I can handle it best.

A simple system for the simple minded :mrgreen:

satanziege

Hm i voted for 10 9 8 ... 1 system, so that top10 means something - being tenth with no points sucks :) so as long as top 10 get points i would be content i think current system is ok, simply add i point to each postition, so that tenth gets points too or take mingva's top-dozen system. :)

so long satanziege
FNORD!