News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

What kind of competition do we miss?

Started by BonzaiJoe, April 12, 2008, 12:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

There are currently only two active Stunts competitions (three counting the brazilian championship): Zakstunts and WSC. Two long-time competition managers, CTG and Mark L. Rivers, are inactive, but have kept the possibility open of starting new competitions. What should these be like? Free Kalpen style?  Alternative? Tournament-based like IMSA cup? Classic like USC or SDR?  What do the pipsqueaks want - and what are the potential competition managers' plans?
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Short and easy answer: nothing in the next few months.

Duplode

One point that called my attention is we do not have any "bread-and-butter" competition (one car, one track, standard rules). Although that is not bad in itself at all (diversity is always good), it sure feels a bit weird.

zaqrack

I really do miss a standard competition, altough I always rather liked to participate in specials. A standard oldschool competition is always needed. Competitions evolved into special competitions in order to attract pipsqueaks from the normal ones. But now there are just a few competitions, there is a place for a normal one again.

JTK

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Krys TOFF

No-RH competition with classic free rule is on the verge, named FTT (for Feel The Thrill, the thrill of noRH racing of course ;)). I have some php bugs to correct and it's ready to start.

Main bug is that with a new member registering in the website the password is (for unknown reason so far) not recorded in the database. There's only a blank field recorded ?!
So, when posting a time it's an issue, as login and password are compared to the database. So, the result is always an incorrect password because it is not supposed to be an empty field !!! ::)

Anyway, I plan to start FTT soon, so it will be 3 competitions.

Then I'll go back working on the Stunts carrer project, but it's a very huge project. I'm not sure I can do it as I want it to be.

Mark L. Rivers

Well, I'm really glad reading this post, because I was working just for a new Stunts event... :)
I don't know what Stunts drivers really want, but, since last January, I've thought to a new kind of tournament, a bit different from all we have seen until here... The result? You have only to click here!

http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=2141.0