News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

16bit?

Started by dan, September 16, 2004, 08:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "JTK"The Fo(u)r Horsemen :mrgreen:

"For" those who want to know who they are :

The four horsemen of the Apocalypse are described in just eight verses of the book of Revelation, which is the last book in the bible. The four horsemen appear when the Lamb (Jesus) opens the first four seals of a scroll with seven seals (which is described in Revelation chapter 6). As each of the first four seals are opened a different coloured horse and its rider is seen by the apostle John as described in Rev 6:1-8.

First seal is opened : a white horse appears, its rider held a bow (conquest).

(Rev 6:1-8 NIV) I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" {2} I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

Second seal is opened : a red horse appears, its rider holds a sword (war)

{3} When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" {4} Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

Third seal is opened: a black horse appears, its rider holds a pair of scales (famine)

{5} When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. {6} Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

Fourth seal is opened : a pale horse appears, its rider is called Death

{7} When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" {8} I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

The seven seals (6:1)
2.1. First seal (6:1) a white horse, its rider holds a bow
2.2. Second seal (6:3) a red horse, its rider holds a sword
2.3. Third seal (6:5) a black horse, its rider holds a pair of scales
2.4. Fourth seal (6:7) a pale horse, its rider is called Death
In Revelation chapter 4 we see God seated on the throne in heaven, it is he who is sovereign over earthly events. We should notice first that only the Lamb (Jesus) is able to take the scroll from God and to break the seals and reveal its contents. Each of the four riders is summoned onto human history by one of the heavenly living creatures. Notice the phase 'he was given a crown', 'was given power', 'do not damage the oil and the wine', 'were given power over', all of this indicates that the four riders are under the sovereignty of God. Even if we do not understand earthly events, the message of Revelation is that God is sovereign from the start to the finish. Then his enemies will be defeated and punished and his saints vindicated and rewarded. Followed by a new earth with no more death or mourning or crying or pain.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"a new earth with no more death or mourning or crying or pain.

Yeah right...
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Here is the "for" of the day :

For those about to rock (we salute you)  :arrow:  AC/DC

Anonymous

JTK

The Four Horsemen also is a synonymom for Metallica  :twisted:

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "JTK"The Four Horsemen also is a synonymom for Metallica  :twisted:
I know.
And it's logical that you write this because your avatar picture always makes me think of James Hetfield. :wink:
Damage Inc. team name is also coming from a Metallica song name. :twisted: