News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

sid Meier's Civilization IV

Started by Krys TOFF, July 06, 2005, 10:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

News of the forthcoming blockbuster of strategy/civilization management game right here : http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/civilizationiv/index.html

Take a look at the marvelous trailer. Hilarious one, with "Civilization anonymous" addicts talking about their addiction to this great game series. Excellent ! :lol:

al il professore

everything is perfect with civ saga. sid meier is still programming its success (and its been stallin fifteen years he is on it, damn god i gave up early all the things i started since fifteen years, if i was like sid, i would have become a ben laden for ages)

now this fourth opus is like a paragon of what the addict players we all are wanted or dreamt of in civ I. well barely, civ III it was a game of paramount importance for me. i will kill for civ IV. i will earn a new PC, give up working, sleeping, voyeuring, bathing, shaving. i will develop a vast dictature empire in the virtual world of my own which capital will be called, as ever since CIV one... ALANOPLIA!!!!
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

zaqrack

i only need a linux binary :)

doesn't matter as long we have freeciv with 30+ players multiplayer :D

al il professore

freeciv is also the mad project of another mad man like sid meier. yesterday i played sudden strike II. i like it very much because its simulating the combats closer range than civilization and its micro universe could be included in civilization macro universe... if you see what i mean. we spoke of it with a friend of mine back in 1992 but civilization never turned this corner: including realtime strategy combats in the turn based game. this could be easy... one turn is one year, and in one year, you can rule several military campaigns. napoleon epic reign never lasted four thousand years, only not more than a decade. most of empires lasted one decade and decayed. the genius in a dynasty was the foundator. cesar and the emperors, george W bush and what is coming up, napoleon and the third, alexander and his captains.

alanrotoi and the argies.

what am i speaking about? yes! including a racing game like stunts in civilization! people could earn money renting seats in stunts stadium to watch no rh competitions and drivers could earn a lot of money in this virtual world to buy cars and mount teams. become team managers and earn former pilots as racing theoricians.

that could last a few turns until a nuke attack turns it all back at midnight to... cinders
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "al il professore"civilization never turned this corner: including realtime strategy combats in the turn based game. this could be easy... one turn is one year, and in one year, you can rule several military campaigns.
Wasn't it be done in Civ "Call to Power" series ? :roll:

al il professore

i played call to power because it was the first convincing multiplayer civilization accessible to me and my friends, and i think its not including this feature. to me call to power is not the real civ anyway. i dont like the religious dictature concept in it and all the genetic engineering stuff, future technologies crapness, because sid meier imagined concept more coherents than that.