News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

stupid incidents

Started by al il professore, January 24, 2006, 10:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al il professore

i just poured my cup of coffee on my keyboard...  i'll browse the web to know how i can dry it :)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

Neil Says:
September 15th, 2005 at 1:42 am

Here?s what I did to my coffee-flooded IBM keyboard:
* rinse with floods of cold water, no detergent
* shake out as much water as possible
* dry with hairdryer set on warm setting, taking care not to get too hot
* leave on a shelf for two weeks to dry really thoroughly

i'll not unplug it... i will dry it with a hair dryer :)         i'll tell you what happen next
see? the space key is half disabled now :)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

now its a hot keyboard stinking the hot coffee... and its dry ;)

CTG

Lupuszka did something similar but with a notebook.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: "CTG"Lupuszka did something similar but with a notebook.

Yes, but the notebook's keyboard is a different topic! ;) It was more serious! :D And it was hot tea, btw.
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

CTG

here is the baker affair

BonzaiJoe

A friend of mine once spilled coffee on a notebook and it broke down completely and wouldn't turn on again. He had to get a new one in the end.
But we can't be quite sure.

al il professore

the same thing happened to my first spectrum!

lised

I dropped a half liter of cacao on my keyboard some time ago. It still works fine, though it's a bit sticky.

CTG

Quote from: "lised"I dropped a half liter of cacao on my keyboard some time ago. It still works fine, though it's a bit sticky.

Cute.  :wink: