News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

STUNTS'S RITUAL: WHAT DO YOU DO WHILE PLAYING STUNTS...

Started by Chulk, February 21, 2006, 01:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Here you can tell everybody what is it that you do when you play stunts to motivate yourself and get the best results.
I usually play best when I'm falling asleep so I play at night.
Other thing that fully motivates me to race is listening to Metallica's song 'Fuel' over and over and over again when I'm playing. That's when I do my best replays.

Hopeyou tell us about your 'things'.

Editing was done to correct a grammar mistake
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

I also prefer to play in the night - it's so calm. Music is taboo when playing, it disturbs me. Another thing is to create replays in parts. I can't sit too much time over the game. Playing a bit (for example doing the first quarter of the track), restin/eating/anything else then continue. Sometimes I spend some days off from the game before I finish the replay.

Renato Biker

Quote from: "CTG"I also prefer to play in the night - it's so calm.

this is when you are drunk  :lol:

kidding

Renato Biker

Quote from: "Chulk"...motivates me to race is listening to Metallica's song 'Fuel'...

yes, me too. But I prefer 'Orion' music :D

Krys TOFF

I don't have special time to play. Let's say I play when computer is available : no wife or children already playing/working with it.
It's hard for me to play late in the evening, because computer is in the bedroom : I can't play Stunts properly without sound but Stunts sound disturbs my wife.
Anyway, my favorite song to listen when racing Stunts or any other racing game is "Mota" by Offspring (on the album Ixnay on the hombre), or sometimes 1st album or Rage against the machine.
Metallica songs are better for racing IRL. :-D

lised

To get my amazing results I listen to music and drink cola light. I don't do anything speciel - I guess I'm just a naturel talent   ;-)

CTG

Quote from: "lised"I guess I'm just a naturel talent   ;-)

Surely in wet T-shirt contest. Yes, I am perverse.  :-D

For the Hungarians: try to drive a single lap listening to "Apa kocsit hajt". Impossible to finish...  :lol:

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I need silence and serenity when I'm playing stunts, nobody and nothing should disturb me. Room is also dark. I'm listening to the PC speaker and I'm concentrating on the game. Only eating, drinking, taking a pee/shit can interrupt playing Stunts.
Chürműű! :-)

943.41 km

Argammon

Let's see...

1)I don't listen to music while playing stunts *duh*
2)I don't like to play more than 1 hour in a row.Which means 1 hour per day max and maybe 2* 0<x<1 hour on the weekend.Of course I need rest days.

I have driven a bit while chatting on the internet switching back and force between stunts and the messangers  :lol:
But that wasn't very productive :D

3)I drive best when I am alone.If someone is watching me I somehow don't drive to well......

zaqrack

I listen to music of course, usually shuffled playlist, and swing back and forth on my chair while driving. When i crash I sometimes grab my hair in anger :)
Of course a good stunts session is accompanied by some bitter chocolate or biscuits, and it never lasts longer than 60-90 minutes, and it always includes a drive from the start to the finish.
When I abandon a replay at the half I never finish it.

BonzaiJoe

I usually listen to synth-pop/electronic music when driving. I actually once made a special racing-playlist with Koto, Boytronic, Ladytron, Kraftwerk, some Pet Shop Boys, early Depeche Mode and so on :-)
But when I have to do something hard, that demands precision, I turn off the music. It's also essential for me to be able to hear the sound, so the music is not so very loud.
I usual get more and more frustrated the more I race (if the opponents are strong), so I replay-handle faster and faster, and hit the Escape button harder and harder. I have a bad habit of throwing my arms in the air when I finish a good lap :-)
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

In the good old times with FEB computer: when I couldn't pass a section for xxxth time then I hit the keyboard and started to tell things about stallin god. With my notebook I reduced it to the speech. When I max out a replay, I put a little piece of paper next to the keyboard with the exact section times/speeds and check if I improved or not. I also write an expected section time on the paper which is quite strong, nearly impossible (I reached it only twice and both of them resulted a ZSC victory).

Of course I drive better when I'm alone. But I'm also better if I drink some (not too much) beer.

JTK

I can only drive when my wife is not at home and i'm alone at home with nothing else to do (seldom) :(. But then there's no music, just racing. Racing BB 1.1 I usually drink a beer or so, because I do not like racing BB1.1 as I have no sound except pc speaker sound, which is so crappy...  When I get bored and crash all the time at the same place I usually shout out "skid!" Racing BB 1.0 I slip into the game, enter my Indy and race. And forget about what's going on around. Later I'll awake, astonished, wondering, looking with big bright eyes, finding out, that my time is still sooooooo bad... ...but I had a good time.  :D

JTK

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"I usually listen to synth-pop/electronic music [...]
Oh, really? I never would have thought of that...  :twisted:

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"I usual get more and more frustrated the more I race [...]
Time for another BJ-blues :D ?

CTG

Have you ever tried to control the car without hand? Nose? Tiptoes? Other parts?  :-D