News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

World Cup 2006 - Germany (World Cup ONLY)

Started by vamologocomisso, May 26, 2006, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"There have been no surprises in this world cup so far :-/
You forget Ecuador. I was surprised with their victories, I expected Poland to be much better.

BonzaiJoe

But why? Poland has never been a very good team. And Ecuador finished 3rd in the South American qualification group
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

I think the only surprise has been Trinidad & Tobago's 0-0 vs Sweden, but 0-0 is not a real surprise. If T & T had won, it would have been a real surprise...

CTG

Serbia Lite is out, yipeeeeee!!!  :-D

CTG

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"Poland has never been a very good team.

World Cup 1974

1 West Germany
2 Netherlands
3 Poland
4 Brasil

World Cup 1982

1 Italy
2 West Germany
3 Poland
4 France

They used to be good.

BonzaiJoe

Yes, but that was long ago. You can't base expectations for 2006 on that :D

BonzaiJoe

But it's true I didn't really mean never, I meant as long as I can remember :-)

BonzaiJoe

But I came to say congratulations to my Argentinian friends for today's great victory!  (hmm, 3 posts...)

BonzaiJoe

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"6-0 now  :lol:
And a penalty that should be given to Argentina but had not be decided by the referee.
That's a demonstration. Well done.

CTG

Serbians are just agressive without real talent - in any sports. One reason why I hate them. Well-done, gauchos!

vamologocomisso

Serbians - what a disaster! What the hell happened ?

Kezman is supposed to be a decent player, like stankovic and others... :smt078

some explications:
- The son of the couch abandoned the team just before the beggining of the World Cup;
- Arguing was constant;
- The couch didnt bring petkovic, who is (maybe) the best player of servia, just because they argued long ago;
- the goalkeeper was somehow not welcome anymore inside the group after the separation of servia and montenegro;
- I dont like them (what allways cause bad luck to anyone  :lol: );

well, all that I had obtained in the news(except the last one ;)), so... :roll:

That is what happens with a messed up team :!:
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

al il professore

Quote from: "vamo"Serbians - what a disaster! What the hell happened ?

the referee was bought and the match was sold. yes, like doping, it can happen in football, and it can happen in the world cup. we all know it.

Quote from: "bonzai joe"But it's true I didn't really mean never, I meant as long as I can remember

poland beat us france 4-0 in the third place match of 86 in mexico. I was an eleven year old kid but I watched the matches of france in that tournament and still remember it. And I still remember they were very strongwith the same 'latin' ball control the nowadays polish have.

Quote from: "bonzai joe"There have been no surprises in this world cup so far :-/

BRA   1   0   0   22   34   20   19   1   0   
  CZE   1   0   0   21   15   19   14   4   0   
  ECU   2   0   0   48   50   33   31   5   0   
  ENG   2   0   0   48   35   28   30   3   0   
  ESP   1   0   0   14   21   11   14   0   0   
  FRA   1   0   0   14   20   18   16   3   0   
  ITA   1   0   0   25   17   8   21   3   0   
  POR   1   0   0   26   34   20   28   2   0   
  SUI   1   0   0   20   14   18   18   5   0   
  SWE

this is the defensive stats of teams and what is the common thing? ZERO GOALS AGAINST.

here are the surprises of this tournament:

ecuador and switzerland (ecuador will prove to be a lot better team that some people say... in the next and last round)

Switzerland: i see them in the semifinals. their profile will seriously get them there: underdogged, great collective spirit built by the last hour qualification and lots of supporters in the stadiums. Eventually frei will be the top scorer in the world cup.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

prediction game

1/8

germany1a sweden2b
argentina1c portugal2d
rep czek1e croatia2f
Switzerland1g tunisia2h
england1b ecuador2a
mexico1d nederlands2c
bresil1f italy2e
spain1h france2g

1/4

germany argentina
czek switz
ecuador nederlands
brasil france

1/2

germany switz
ecuador france

finals

switz france

and the winner is france

reading your predictions is of great interest
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

lised

Oh God, my team is already out  :smt089