News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

World Cup 2006 - Germany (World Cup ONLY)

Started by vamologocomisso, May 26, 2006, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "CTG"Czech team in trouble...  :?
Jan Koller missing, and all the plan is out. They have no 2nd plan. Lokvenc is not Koller...

al il professore

italy is on dope and more it deserve the fair play trophy for elbow hits on face. they look ugly against usa and play dirty

but its not interesting, i'll speak about GHANA later.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

CTG

Finally an interesting group!

1 ITA 1 1 0 3-1 4
2 CZE 1 0 1 3-2 3
3 GHA 1 0 1 2-2 3
4 USA 0 1 1 1-4 1

Last round:

Italy - Czech Republic
Ghana - USA

Possible results in points:

ITA-CZE 7-3, 5-4, 4-6
GHA-USA 6-1, 4-2, 3-4

100% qulification

Italy needs a single point.
Czechs and Ghana need a victory.
USA has no sure chance without the other match.

Depending from the other match:

- Italy qualifies with a lost match (by one goal) too, if Ghana can't win AND USA can't knock out Ghana by many goals.

- Czech Republic qualifies with draw, if Ghana can't win AND USA can't knock out Ghana by many goals.

- Ghana qualifies with a draw if Czech Republic loses OR Italy will be knocked out by 3 goals.

- USA qualifies with a victory if Italy wins/Czech Republic or USA wins by many goals/USA wins by many goals and ITA-CZE is a draw.

Chances (as for me):

Italy - Czech Republic 30% - 40% - 30% (2% that CZE wins by many goals, enough for USA)
Ghana - United States 35% - 35% - 30% (3% that USA can knock out Ghana by enough goals)

Qualification chances by CTG:

Italy ~90%
Czech Republic ~55%
Ghana ~45%
USA ~10%

The most interesting group so far.

CTG

Group B:

1 England 2 0 0 3-0 6
2 Sweden 1 1 0 1-0 4
3 Trinidad and Tobago 0 1 1 0-2 1
4 Paraguay 0 0 2 0-2 0

Last round:

England - Sweden (9-4, 7-5, 6-7): 40% - 35% - 25%
Trinidad and Tobago - Paraguay (4-0, 2-1, 1-3): 20% - 45% - 35%

Sweden qualifies, if:

- gets at least a single point
- loses but T&T can't keep up with their goal balance

Trinidad and Tobago qualifies, if:

- they win, Sweden loses and goal balance is fair enough for them

Chances to qualify:

Sweden ~95%
Trinidad and Tobago ~5%

Group D

1 Portugal 2 0 0 3-0 6
2 Mexico 1 1 0 3-1 4
3 Angola 0 1 1 0-1 1
4 Iran 0 0 2 1-5 0

Last round:

Portugal - Mexico (9-4, 7-5, 6-7): 40% - 35% - 25%
Angola - Iran (4-0, 2-1, 1-3): 20% - 50% - 30%

Mexico qualifies, if:

- makes a single point against Portugal
- loses but Angola can't keep up with their goal balance

Angola qualifies, if:

- they win (by many goals) and Mexico loses (by many goals)

Chances:

Mexico ~95%
Angola ~5%

These groups are hopeless...  :?

al il professore

tonight 4000 french in the stadium and only 25000 koreans how depressing
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

CTG

Group F

1 BRA 2 0 0 3-0 6
2 AUS 1 0 1 3-3 3
3 CRO 0 1 1 0-1 1
4 JAP 0 1 1 1-3 1

Last round:

Brasil - Japan (9-1, 7-2, 6-4): 50% - 35% - 15%
Australia - Croatia (6-1, 4-2, 3-4): 25% - 40% - 35%

Sure qualification:

Australia has to win.
Croatia and Japan has no independent chance to qualify.

Australia qualifies, if:

- they steal a point from Croatia and Japan can't beat Brasil by many goals

Croatia qualifies, if:

- they beat Australia and Japan can't knock out Brasil

Japan qualifies, if:

- they beat Brasil (by many goals) and CRO-AUS is a draw OR Croatia wins but can't keep up with their goal balance

Chances:

Australia ~65%
Croatia ~30%
Japan ~5%

al il professore

france must stop playing football, tonight it seemed like waterloo battle:  eleven zombie finished the match.

probabilities: france is out (probably a defeat against togo, yes, the team with no coach and no salary)

korea and switzerland go to 1/8 finals. I will have a very bad day tomorrow, and a very bad week also, and probably a very bad month, well I will not watch football now.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "al il professore"france must stop playing football, tonight it seemed like waterloo battle:  eleven zombie finished the match.

probabilities: france is out (probably a defeat against togo, yes, the team with no coach and no salary)

korea and switzerland go to 1/8 finals. I will have a very bad day tomorrow, and a very bad week also, and probably a very bad month, well I will not watch football now.
French team is old, that's not new. So after 1 hour we miss speed.
France dominated 1st half, but could only score once (one other goal valid was not validated by referee...). That's an efficiency problem.
But main problem is coaching. 60 minutes => Wiltord replaced by Ribery. Logical. But Ribery was the only one running ! Henry tried to help but as main forward et couldn't use his talent, Koreans locked him.

What should have been done is to modify tactic plan to 4-3-3, with Henry at the left to gain speed, while Ribery stays at the right. And Trezeguet should have entered for the last 20 minutes as main forward. That's what Trezeguet is good at : be main forward and play 20 minutes. 10 minutes to see where he can bypass defenders, and 10 minutes to score. And after he does nothing else.

Remember Euro Championship 2000, final match versus Italy. Lemerre coaching was perfect. Domenech coaching was stupid. If France can't score, this was because Koreans understood how to handle Henry. Domenech is a professionnal, he should have seen it like I did, and then modify his tactic plan. Even before Korean goal (what a stupid goal it was). Domenech started to think after Korean goal, making Dhorasoo enter for 10 minutes. But this guy is crappy player, all he did was making a fault that almost lead to a 2nd Korean goal. And finally Trezeguet entered for 2 minutes. Useless. Bad coaching, old team.

As I said before, France won't go further than 1/8 final.
Switzerland will beat Togo tonight => 4 points for Switzerland and Korea, 2 points to France and 0 for Togo.
Winning 1-0 versus togo may even not be sufficient to be qualified. Korea has a +2 goal-average versus Togo. If Switzerland does the same, then France will have to score at least 3 goals more than Togo.

Anyway, Domenech will have to modify his plan versus Togo as Zidane and Abidal will be suspended for this match. We will probably see a 4-4-2.
Dhorasoo will begin the match (not good idea, but that's almost sure because Domenech likes him), and maybe Ribery too. As forward, it will be Henry and Malouda I think. Wiltord will not begin the match. That's my guess for team according to Domenech coaching.

Whatever the team, France played better versus Korea than versus Switzerland, but only for 1st half. Will it be sufficient to overtake Togo ? Not even sure...

Quote from: "CTG"Finally an interesting group!
1 ITA 1 1 0 3-1 4
2 CZE 1 0 1 3-2 3
3 GHA 1 0 1 2-2 3
4 USA 0 1 1 1-4 1
That's right. Let's tip :
Czech Rep 3-1 Italy
Ghana 2-1 USA
Czech 1st, Ghana 2nd, Italy 3rd, USA 4th. :-D

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

IMO Czechs will have a draw with Italy, and Ghana will beat USA, so:

1 Ghana
2 Italy
3 Czech Rep
4 USA
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

al il professore

We picked the ugly group, with koreans and switzerland. just the teams with a big rivalry history to make our morale bad, bad and bad.

what's more it seems that referees steal us goals, penalties and zidane and abidal. its just fine. just fine.

vamologocomisso

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"
Quote from: "vamologocomisso"29    *Franca*    1    X    1    *Corea do Sul*
No way ! France 3 x 1 South Corea :D

How about it ?

Muwahahahahahaha!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

vamologocomisso

Quote from: "CTG"Finally an interesting group!
1 ITA 1 1 0 3-1 4
2 CZE 1 0 1 3-2 3
3 GHA 1 0 1 2-2 3
4 USA 0 1 1 1-4 1
That's right. Let's tip :
Czech Rep 3-1 Italy
Ghana 2-1 USA
Czech 1st, Ghana 2nd, Italy 3rd, USA 4th. :-D

I must stay focus on this group, because its the next opponent of brasil?s group. What could happen:

Brasil x Ghana
Australia x Italia

Brasil x Italia
Croacia x Czech Rep

and so on... many possibilities!  :wink:
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "vamologocomisso"
Quote from: "vamologocomisso"29    *Franca*    1    X    1    *Corea do Sul*
No way ! France 3 x 1 South Corea :D

How about it ?

Muwahahahahahaha!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Whit the valid goal of Viera, it's 2 to 1. I wasn't so far. :P

al il professore

Quoteprediction game

1/8

germany1a sweden2b
argentina1c portugal2d
rep czek1e croatia2f
Switzerland1g tunisia2h
england1b ecuador2a
mexico1d nederlands2c
bresil1f italy2e
spain1h france2g

yeah dont stop meeee! highway to hell