News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

NORH - R8/2007 - "CALIBER"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, August 29, 2007, 07:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

The race is over. My time is 1:09.30. What about you guys? Duplode, did you race? Krys? Mark?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on September 28, 2007, 12:16:22 AM
Duplode, did you race?

Sort of - pulled off only two quick tries, the first ones since... the beginning  :D.

Mark L. Rivers

Finish!

Results
Third victory in this season for Chulk, 1st on Caliber with a great performance!!  8) Smashing the 70? barrier (1?09?30!  :o), the argentinian champion made a great race on a track that appeared more easy than it resulted after racing on it. Chulk has preceded his eternal opponent (me  ;D) quite far (1?40 my gap) thanks also to a crazy final as we are going to talk after. Third is Duplode, with a race that is only a bad shadow (over 5? his gap from Chulk) compared with the marvelous first place got in last race, ?Gate?. But the reason is only a very short time to race for the brazilian ace, and we are absolutely sure that he will write again wonderful pages in last two race of this more and more dazzling season.  ;)  Fourth place for Krys TOFF, who didn?t race after 1st checkpoint. Sure no time to race for him too, really a pity because he could say much in this race.  ::)

Analysis
Please, check the replays and the analysis because it?s a race to live in every section!  :)  Chulk starts with a great ?magic? after 10?: jump on the left of the bridge, wonderful sliding control and perfect land on the track just before the downhill (remember, it?s a NORH race?  ;)). The result at 1st intermediate? Ninety centiseconds on me, 1?05 on Duplode and almost 2? on Krys TOFF who chose the same way of Chulk (very good intuition) but not with the same efficacy, landing on the grass. In 2nd section it begins my rescue.  8)  I cut in a very special way the hairpin succeeding not to take the penalty: strong speed lost but good choice because at 2nd intermediate I rescue 0?50 on Chulk. Instead, bad slow curve for Duplode and Krys TOFF just after the not connected ramps, very strong speed lost inserting in the highway that lead at the tunnel: the gap from Chulk becomes over 2? for Duplode and over 4? for Krys. Fastest third section again for me: keeping a higher speed than Chulk (who transits on 2nd intermediate putting his wheels on the grass), and guessing a fantastic slow curve just behind the hill, I rescue again 0?50 and at the 3rd intermediate I?m first for 0?10!  :)  Meanwhile, personal best section for Duplode who contains his gap from leading time within 3?, while Krys cedes remarkably even if we have to mind that we are talking about his first trial realized about 20 days ago. In last section I increase again my vantage arriving to the last 180? with 0?35 on Chulk, but? here it?s the 2nd Chulk?s magic, even if maybe not researched: exaggerate slide, car completely out of control, finish lane cut sliding, and chronometer stopped at 1?09?30! Instead, I conclude with a good but quite normal slide, loosing almost 2? in last 10? (ways without slide for Duplode and Krys TOFF and gap unavoidably increased). So? Did Chulk win fortunately? Absolutely no. Because if you would check his video, you could see that when he realized his magic time, on Stunts scoreboard there was already a 1?10?65, enough to win anyway. So really congratulations to him for his deserved victory!  :)

Championship
Thanks to this win, and also to 0,5 bonus points got more than me, Chulk reduces in an interesting way the distance in the championship: only 7,5 points to rescue in last 2 races!  :o  If he will win both race and I will arrive at least one time third this would mean for Chulk 8 Race Points more than me. Bonus Points will result probably determinant for the win and maybe we?ll see very fast times (but not too much?) since 1st checkpoint. But other opponents too could affect the results. So? a ?dramatic? and dazzling final for the title!  8)  About third final place, instead, it appears less difficult for Krys TOFF to defend his current position in classification, even if 8,5 points are not so much, especially if Duplode will catch many bonus points. Let?s see!  :)

Next race
In the night between September and October will begin the penultimate race of this season and drivers will have to jump aboard a car never used before in SDR. Shakes? No fear, it?s quite easy to drive and, above all, suitable for the track built about 2 weeks ago. So? we have to wait only 50 hours to see one more time the great show called NORH race?  ;)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/index_SDR.htm

PS
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Caliber_Mark_Finish.part00002.rar

Chulk

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 28, 2007, 11:30:11 PM
In last section I increase again my vantage arriving to the last 180? with 0?35 on Chulk, but? here it?s the 2nd Chulk?s magic, even if maybe not researched: exaggerate slide, car completely out of control, finish lane cut sliding, and chronometer stopped at 1?09?30!
If you would check his video, you could see that when he realized his magic time, on Stunts scoreboard there was already a 1?10?65, enough to win anyway.
It was researched! 1,'10''65 was done with that exaggerate slide as well, only with a much worse lap.

Let's see how next race goes and GOOD LUCK!!!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)