News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts WIKI

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 30, 2007, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

That's neat. I have been thinking of making an article that connects the history of all or most tournaments, like a chronology, but specifically oriented to tournaments. I have a graph I made somewhere. It doesn't have great precision, so I want to make something better than that
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Just a reminder: real top speed of mclaren honda is not 212 mph it's about 229 mph. It needs a test.

Zapper

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 17, 2023, 04:36:48 AMJust a reminder: real top speed of mclaren honda is not 212 mph it's about 229 mph. It needs a test.

From my tests, it reaches 218 mph (stable and almost at rev limiter) after any considerable jump.
So, 218 mph real top speed, 212 mph flat track top speed (without any preceding jump).

If you agree, I'll edit and correct this on wiki's article.

alanrotoi

I made a test and the car reaches 219 mph. The replay is attached.

Zapper

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 19, 2023, 10:47:58 PMI made a test and the car reaches 219 mph. The replay is attached.
I've updated car's article to stated real top speed of 219 mph :)
Thank you @alanrotoi

alanrotoi

Quote from: Zapper on January 20, 2023, 01:36:19 AMThank you

My pleasure. Waiting for your next masterpiece ::)  ::) Do you have any idea? Can you spoil or maintain in secret until the launch?

dstien

Quote from: Duplode on February 04, 2012, 02:35:04 AMA rather less elegant trick, which I just activated for testing, is to disable edit rights for registered users and create a 'trusted' group with edit rights for the above-mentioned accounts(*).

Could we also set the autopatrol permission to the trusted group? If I understand the MediaWiki documentation correctly this is done by adding the line $wgGroupPermissions['trusted']['autopatrol'] = true; to the file LocalSettings.php. Not a big deal, but the patrol flag clutters the changes list for admins. Actually, it is a pretty small deal, but it caused me to check what the patrolling deal was all about.

Duplode

Hello @dstien, great to see you around here!  :) I have done the configuration change -- it already shows up in the rights list, and will presumably be applied to future edits.

(And everyone: dstien has recently added documentation of resource file compression to the Wiki. Go check it out!)

Cas

Oh!  That's super interesting!  I'll definitely check on it
I've been studying the Restunts code, by the way, wanting to translate some parts of it to integrate them with my own code, but I still have a lot to do to begin to grasp the gist of the thing. It's an honour to see you here, @dstien!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on September 21, 2023, 12:53:06 PMThe team needs a stunts wiki article :D

Done!  :D The text is a basic stub for now; I encourage the team's members to expand it  ;)

You'll also note I have added a team infobox, mostly to make current and past members easier to spot at a glance.

@dreadnaut : I have enabled Extension:ParserFunctions for the sake of tidier optional fields in the infoboxes (I plan to experiment with that on the car infoboxes as well). Both the additional string functions (abominations) and Scribunto (YAGNI?) remain off for now.