News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts WIKI

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 30, 2007, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Probably I wrote Spanish ideas in English. Damn language limitation. :-\

Cas

Oh, but there were very minimal things. When I write an article myself and then re-read it, I normally find these things too.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Thanks for the corrections :)
I had a tricks section in 4dsL site that may help for a bigger article about it... or maybe a video... I could reproduce (I hope) these tricks and list them in a video on youtube. ::)

alanrotoi

2 questions:

a) How to edit an articles title? (I wrote "Cap" instead of "CAP")
b) Should we add real names in the pipsqueaks table profile? There is a list here in the forum so I think it's ok. What do you think?

Cas

Not sure, but...

a) This might have to do with the Wiki server being case insensitive, but preserving case (like Windows file names). If that's the case, maybe renaming to something else and then back to the desired name could work
b) I normally prefer to be called either by nickname or just first name, but in the Stunts community, I don't think it does any harm to share my real name. But that's me. I reckon each person will think something different

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on September 26, 2021, 02:13:53 AM
a) How to edit an articles title? (I wrote "Cap" instead of "CAP")

For that you have to move the page -- there is a "move" button on the top of the page, near the "edit" one. In any case, I have just moved this one.

Quote from: alanrotoi on September 26, 2021, 02:13:53 AM
b) Should we add real names in the pipsqueaks table profile? There is a list here in the forum so I think it's ok. What do you think?

I suggest not adding that -- I'm fine with them (or the ones that are already out there anyway) being is a slightly more out-of-the-way place like here.

alanrotoi

By the way, if anybody wants a pipsqueak profile in the wiki please write it and I'll submit it. There are many active pipsqueaks without a profile: KyLiE, Daniel3D, Ryoma, GTAman15, KaoS, Heretic.........

Cas

I think every pipsqueak should have a profile. We're making history here! :P

KyLiE

Does anyone know why each pipsqueak profile with a sidebar says "as of February 2015" regardless of when it was updated?

Duplode

Quote from: KyLiE on January 24, 2022, 02:20:29 PM
Does anyone know why each pipsqueak profile with a sidebar says "as of February 2015" regardless of when it was updated?

Because that note was hardcoded into the template. I removed it from there and reintroduced it in the individual profiles using the footnotes field of the template. (By the way: if you want to quickly find which templates a page uses, edit it and look at the bottom of the editing page; to find where a template is used, open the template page and use "What links here" on the sidebar.)

alanrotoi

Nice articles Zapper!! I enjoyed them! Please continue! I love our wiki. We should write everything we know. Stories, process, personal profile and background... Everything about this community.  ;D ;D

Duplode

As suggested by Cas elsewhere, I have created an article for Stunts Cartography. I now wonder which other Stunts tools still need an article (one of them, for instance, is CarEdit).

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 10, 2022, 03:47:51 AM
Nice articles Zapper!! I enjoyed them! Please continue! I love our wiki. We should write everything we know. Stories, process, personal profile and background... Everything about this community.  ;D ;D

Indeed! In particular, I enjoyed the notes on the design process in the Caterham article.

Cas

Hey, yes!  Nice articles!  About Stunts Cartography, while reading the article, I remember that recently ZdnBurns asked in ZakStunts shout box about a program he could use to generate maps for all tracks in a directory and I answered that Bliss could do it if I just add a bit of code, but now I'm thinking that probably Cartography can already do it and it's better suited for that, as it can produce maps of any size.

Duplode

Quote from: Cas on February 12, 2022, 12:45:26 AM
About Stunts Cartography, while reading the article, I remember that recently ZdnBurns asked in ZakStunts shout box about a program he could use to generate maps for all tracks in a directory and I answered that Bliss could do it if I just add a bit of code, but now I'm thinking that probably Cartography can already do it and it's better suited for that, as it can produce maps of any size.

That makes sense -- such a command would be pretty similar to the biggrid one I added to 1.0; I probably would only have to factor the "outer shell" code a little differently. I will try my hand at a prototype once ZCT247 is ready.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Duplode on February 12, 2022, 01:35:57 AM
Quote from: Cas on February 12, 2022, 12:45:26 AM
About Stunts Cartography, while reading the article, I remember that recently ZdnBurns asked in ZakStunts shout box about a program he could use to generate maps for all tracks in a directory and I answered that Bliss could do it if I just add a bit of code, but now I'm thinking that probably Cartography can already do it and it's better suited for that, as it can produce maps of any size.

That makes sense -- such a command would be pretty similar to the biggrid one I added to 1.0; I probably would only have to factor the "outer shell" code a little differently. I will try my hand at a prototype once ZCT247 is ready.
That would be cool
I'm very visual orientated and I rarely remember a track name. Being able to browse tracks like images would be awesome.

Generating some metadata to indicate length and difficulty would also be nice (I used to collect tracks but I stopped because I had no way of sorting them outside of driving every one of them.)
Like number of paths, shortest path time estimate.
Number of jumps, stunts etcetera.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)