News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Záhony (USC 56)

Started by CTG, January 07, 2008, 02:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Btw somehow this kind of aspect is strange from somebody winning SDR and fighting hard for ISM final LTB bonus (as a manager)...

Mark L. Rivers

It's sad you decided to reply with your last comment, CTG.
I wrote that I thought I have not to explain nothing, but now it seems you want I do what I really didn't want to do, that is snatching space to a sane racing without polemics, above all in the last race of your contest, to talk of displeasing arguments indeed. Anyway, even if I could say a big bulk of things about, I want to reply to your last comment only saying a clear thought.
SDR and its contest manager have been object of a public attestation of esteem from different drivers for their quality and above all for their transparence and honesty.
Sadly, I never read something similar about USC and its manager. I read instead a lot of compliants from a quite large number of drivers about the management and the conduct of USC.
I think that this sure means something. And I think this can reply better than any other kind of thoughts at your umpteenth provocation.
I really want to stop here this exchange of words between us. Please, don't lead me to spend other time to explain in a very large way what I thought. Let's give space to a sane race.

CTG

Still funny. People are complaining about USC because they also have other problems with the manager (spamming, insulting, whatever). As far as I know some of the pipsqueaks think the same about SDR/ISM events...

But you are right in the racing part: let's decide this battle on the track instead of the Forum! :D

Mark L. Rivers

Well if there are drivers (different from your ghosts, I mean...) who think of SDR what they think of USC about honesty or any other kind of compliant, I invite them to express publicly their thought.

Since I started to manage SDR I've been always careful not to abuse about my contest manager role. In the first 5 race of 2006 season, I had decided not to participate, just to be absolutely external to the contest. In 2007 season I always made my participation really transparent publishing my times before every single weekly deadline (checkpoints). And this is the way I managed ISM08. I raced in it for LTB because I have demonstrated to be absolutely honest, publishing all my new leading times contextually at the site update. Effectively, who expresses doubts about my honesty should demonstrate how I would have done to realize in advance every new leading time having my replays a date/hour immediately subsequent to every BJ's time.

This kind of honesty can't sure be found in your contest management, CTG.

You have established only one rule that could avoid the abuse of the position as contest manager, that is you had to publish your last time 24 hours before your deadline. But then you didn't respect them, and when I highlighted you the thing, you decided to erase officially that rule.
Moreover, you decided to exclude yourself from the final ranking of the season. I always asked to myself the reason (why if you race honestly in your contest?) and I always thought that you sure had a good reason to do it. Anyway you have continued to race on every USC track, snatching LTB to all drivers (particularly to me, but "maybe" this is only "my impression"...), and above all snatching points to all drivers in every race. Really strange your way to manage your contest, even if maybe "strange" is not the correct word.
And finally you decided to leave out yourself from the fight for LTB in this last race (when I wasn't at provisional first place), but after few days you decided to change again your rules (when I lead the race). "Strange".

Despite all this, in last December you said on the forum that I had to leave myself from the SDR final result, that my victories in NORH and RH contest was a way to exalt myself. I didn't keep count about your thought until today. First of all I had already decided not to argument with you after your provocations related to NORH race's reliability, I have not time to lose. Second, I had absolutely no reasons to reply about. Third, other drivers replied to you so to shut your mouth. But now, after your umpteenth provocation, I tell you that the contest that has to be renamed is USC. Maybe you should rename it as UCS: "Universal CTG's Showroom".
You usually have published a time contextually at the publication of your tracks, and every time a driver beat your time, you very often came back immediately to lead, many times contextually at the publication of the time of the old (by now) temporary leader. Moreover, you seem to show a big desire to make clear to everyone your ability "discovering very soon" all possible shortcuts of your tracks (did you ever think that maybe drivers would discover how to reach a fast time without to be obligate to thank you and your hints ...?) and how you succeed to be fast through your by now famous "YouTube" helps. Think to Ajka, for example. When CTG sent his first time just after few days (1'16"50 then corrected for penalty time) you immediately published your first video on YouTube, 1'14"65, discovering so all possible shortcuts. As to say: "Great time, my young paddaones... but look at your master...! Imitate it if you are able to do it! And if you will be able to approach my time, thank me for my help...". Really don't you understand what kind of imagine you give all about yourself?

Your way to manage your contest, is really more similar to a selling of a product than to offer at Stunts drivers a place to express their passion. And the product is not a race. The product is you.

What you want to show, independently from what happens in your contest, is you. And to reach your goal you easily put in a corner the fair play and the honesty.

I trust in Zak's honesty, Paleke's honesty, Krys' honesty. But, exactly as more than a driver of this little world, I don't trust in your honesty, CTG. Moreover, you have been accused from a lot of drivers to be a liar, a cheater, a driver very far from a whatever kind of fair play, and sometimes you have confirmed candidly their accuses.

Maybe someone could ask why I raced until here in your contest.  The only reason I continued to race until here was included in a post I wrote on the forum, a post that I modified before you could read it. Only a driver saw what I wrote and he said me that I was right. Anyway, that post terminated with this phrase: "I'll continue race current USC until the last race of 2007/2008 season. I'll do this to honor my opponents, you included. But I think to be quite sure that last race of current USC season will be my last USC race. But don't worry CTG. You know it's not a big loss for you and your contest..."
I decided that it wasn't the right moment to say that, and I had hoped you could change your way to manage your contest. But it has not been so.

What about this race now? Well, I hoped to fight in this contest until the end against the opponents and the manager, and I don't hide I thought it could be really dazzling if I could win the last USC championship, exactly what the contest manager would avoid with his great pleasure. But last evolvements lead me to take a different choice.
I find really disgusting this way to use the rules, the contest, the drivers, as marionettes so to make more exciting a competition and I don't want to give anymore my contribute at this sad show even if this means renounce to fight for the title. So I decide not to continue to race in it. This is a official retirement from your contest. And, differently form you, I have only a word. Free way for Dottore and congratulations to him. I think seriously he deserves the title.

OK, let me tell you a last thought, CTG. Maybe you'll discover funny it as my previous ones.

Believe me when I say you're a very fast Stunts driver. None could think the contrary. But if you would race for passion with fair play, and not to incense yourself, honouring your opponents (not only in USC news or in order to recall missed top drivers at USC as you done in the past...), independently from their skill, you will obtain what you are searching, that is much more consideration from this little world.

Btw, this is my last comment about this argument. If you'll want to add other your thoughts about, don't worry, I leave you the last word.

CTG

First of all, the fact: you are still leading. If this situation won't change, you are the champion.

About online helps: it's not a power demonstaration as you desribed. It's rather for helping slower or less experienced pipsqueaks to give some chance for them - maybe the key for them to beat some aces. It wasn't obligatory to watch, so if you wanted to find the tricks alone, you just had to ignore the video.

Publishing leading times? People are different: I like to motivate the pipsqueaks with increasing the level which means a challenge for all the drivers. And what happens usually at the end of the race? Some of you can kick my ass at end in almost all the cases. Maybe you don't like my method for this but you have to admit that it increases the quality of the winning times later. Without that USC would miss the spice. Nobody has extra disadvantage with this, even if you feel that after stealing the lead on Záhony. And somehow you forgot to mention: my leading time always starts with the update moment (check it if you want to), even if I made it earlier. If I make the leading time on Friday, but updating only on Sunday at 11:00 am than I will write Sunday 11:00 on the scoreboard too.

Removing myself from overall standings: two effects are fighting in me. One is the enthusiasm to the game: I can't ignore a good track-good car combo, that's why I usually push hard with it. But on the other hand I always said UnskilledStunts is a small league giving chance to a bit slower drivers to make something great. So I chose something I thought the best solution is: I'm racing with more or less full power but I won't punish others with it. In the first two seasons it wasn't a real problem with my bad auto trm driving. But later it caused more headache than expected. Stealing points in single races... well it doesn't change anything as all the top drivers lost about the same amount of points with it.

Of course you have the right to tell your opinion but somehow it seems you are talking like that because you feel hurted. I suggest you should reconsider this and continue racing. You worked hard in the whole season, it would be a stupid thing to throw it out in the last moment...

CTG

Additional info: TVN.hu FTP server is unavailable at the moment, site is only updated at Zak's server.

CTG

Mark!!! Check your inbox!

Just my opinion, but I agree with Mark. I always felt to be a bit or a bit more discriminated in the negative way. Example: last race with the "well-balanced" replays, to make the wished scoreboard. 17 point disadvantage for Mark, it sounds like a cruel game with him, playing with his nerves - is it a payback for the SDR "swan song saga" in 2006? If it is... Jerkwater revenge and very disgusting/unfair; even if it helps my teammate to make his third overall victory! If not - I doubt it - then the most interesting final race of all the USC seasons.

Back to Záhony: replay sent. :)

CTG

Mark L. Rivers is over 300 hours LT, he got the +2 bonus points. It also means he has to win Záhony track to be the champion.

CTG

One of the most boring races ever... Where's Krys? BJ? Others? :(

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGWhere's Krys?
Busy with php bugs that I don't know how to fix for FTT website, grrrr >:(

BonzaiJoe

Leading time demands too much tedious retrying :(
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Strange... Only a single mediorce trick and a lucky powergear is needed to go under 1:03. Keep trying!

CTG

Duplode 1:03.85 (sorry, no time to update)

Ayrton

i send one replay, it´s only for participating, it was made today and in the last moment  :)

CTG

I'm going to update the results as soon as I can access my riverkiller address.