News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Competition Archive updates

Started by Duplode, January 08, 2008, 04:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

That's great... the new archive!  And yes, it'd be nice to have it as soon as possible, but that would mean extra work if you have to rework it at the end of the season. I figure that we could wait till the end. If something comes up before, we could hurry it up. With the replays and tracks already collected, everything is safe anyway.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Quote from: Cas on July 16, 2019, 02:24:13 AM
And yes, it'd be nice to have it as soon as possible, but that would mean extra work if you have to rework it at the end of the season. I figure that we could wait till the end.

After reading this, I'm now wondering: why not both?  :) I can arrange a preview release in August, and then prepare a further update for early January, to bring the release schedule back on track.

Duplode

At long last, I am glad to announce the Competition Archive is updated! You can already grab it from the ZakStunts downloads page. The added races were:

• ZakStunts (2016-), including GAR and NoRH replays (in ZSC3\GAR and ZSC3\NORH);
  • Race For Kicks (2016-), including NoRH replays (in R4K\NORH);
  • Race For Immortality (2016);
  • Superkart Special Event (2010);
  • Le Stunts live races (2017 and 2019); and
  • The high-voltage.cz races I mentioned the other day, including one of the winning replays (thanks to Sledge, the admin).
Furthermore, the Archive now includes all of the twenty custom cars used in the included replays, so look no further next time you need to get hold of the Skoda  :)

This release is labelled "preview" because I will prepare an end-of-season update for January. Besides the remaining 2019 ZakStunts and R4K races, that update will hopefully include the other High-Voltage winning replay (if the race winner still has it) and some of the old ZakStunts NoRH replays (if any of you still have them ;)).

Duplode

I am happy to announce the 2020 update to the Competition Archive is now available at ZakStunts! Here is a direct link to it. Featuring:

• DOSReloaded.de: 22 tracks and a few of the winning replays (plus some YouTube links in the !INFO file) from the 2019 and 2020 seasons of the competition held at dosreloaded.de, a lovely German-language retrocomputing forum. Thanks to oerk, the competition manager, and the community over there!
  • ZakStunts: late 2019 to now, free rules and GAR.
  • Race For Kicks late 2019 to now, RH and NoRH.
  • high-voltage.cz: Two more races held in 2020 at Sledge's site.
  • Le Stunts: the five 2020 live races.
  • WSC: corrections to competition information (thanks Cas), and the TATETI.TRK file from season 2008 (which I apparently skipped way back in 2010).
Besides these additions, you will find the full historical collection, which spans all the way back to 1997 and now includes 881 tracks, 901 replays and 21 custom cars.

Cas

Great!  I think we could mirror this archive in R4K :)
Do DOSReloaded.de and high-voltage.cz know about us?  I mean, they clearly do, but all of the things we do here, like different rules for tournaments, making new cars and tools, etc.

Duplode

Quote from: Cas on February 19, 2021, 10:44:28 PM
Great!  I think we could mirror this archive in R4K :)
Do DOSReloaded.de and high-voltage.cz know about us?  I mean, they clearly do, but all of the things we do here, like different rules for tournaments, making new cars and tools, etc.

Sounds good! I plan to keep updating it every two years or so, so there should be little release churn for you to handle.

Quote from: Cas on February 19, 2021, 10:44:28 PM

They do! For instance, there was a high-voltage.cz post about Zapper's K.I.T.T soon after its release. Also, the DOSReloaded.de competition used several custom cars in its second season, and the track screenshots in their competition threads were sometimes done with Bliss  :)

Cas

There it is!  I made a mirror in R4K. I think I'll be adding a few more things there like about the engine project and an a place to browse the different custom cars.

I believe we should try to link to these guys and have them link to us as well. No point in being separate. Amazing that they use our stuff! :)

KyLiE

Quote from: Duplode on February 19, 2021, 03:44:57 PM
Besides these additions, you will find the full historical collection, which spans all the way back to 1997 and now includes 881 tracks, 901 replays and 21 custom cars.

Great work!  There is a lot of history there.

Duplode

I'm happy to announce the Volume IX update of the Competition Archive is now available! Here is a direct link to it. The update includes:

• CCC: All races so far, starting from the very first test event in May 2022.
  • DOSReloaded.de: All tracks, and some replays, from 2022 and early 2023.
  • high-voltage.cz: The 2022 Christmas race.
  • Le Stunts: The six races so far from 2022 and 2023.
  • Race For Kicks: Updated to the current race.
  • UnskilledStunts League: The 2021 edition.
  • ZakStunts: Updated to the current race, and also:
    • Amateur League winning replays, from both 2003 and the present incarnation, starting from ZCT243.
    • Bonzai Joe's winning replay from the ZCT079 (Default) NoRH scoreboard. (If you have any other NoRH scoreboard replays from 2005 or 2006, please let me know!)
    • The final GAR winning replays from the 2021 season.

With these additions, the Archive now includes 967 tracks, 1038 replays, and 33 custom cars.

Cas

Thanks!  It's getting really big. It's great to know we have all our history backed up. For R4K particularly, do you find it comfortable to grab the replays for the archive?  Is there anything that would make it easier and less time consuming for the next time?

Duplode

Quote from: Cas on March 15, 2023, 07:07:41 PMFor R4K particularly, do you find it comfortable to grab the replays for the archive?  Is there anything that would make it easier and less time consuming for the next time?

Thanks for asking  :) The R4K site is fine for that. Making all final replays available for download from the scoreboard pages, and clearly labeling their modalities (RH or NoRH) is pretty helpful already.

Duplode

Errata: the file I uploaded in the morning was missing the current DOSReloaded track. A corrected zip is already available from the site.